Done Deal? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Done Deal?

Get a grip

Quote Originally Posted by not a grasshopper
    [ I kid one of my admins (a good guy who is pro-police) when he tries to keep the cars moving at dropoff and pick-up, about "What are you going to do when the driver won't move and shoots a bird at you?" We both know what would happen if a driver tried this with a uniformed officer.

NOTHING

Well, well, well. Another email from AJ about the budget. I actually think a merger is going to be his only option. Something is going on and we will be the last to know. Two emails about budget cuts, the District can save money if they contract police service, PBA wants AJ and his cronies OUT, what seems to be AJ's options? Atleast we are getting updates from the PD and our top heavy administration (NOT).

So I heard there were some suits from PBSO at a couple of schools last week, (in the pretty schools that is) hmmmmmm. Could this be the calm before the storm? I dont think the idea of going green is dead yet. This should be an interesting summer.

Dream on. The Green Dream is just that a dream. Not even a wet one for that matter. You are and will be School Police Blue unless you decide to leave of course.

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue
    Dream on. The Green Dream is just that a dream. Not even a wet one for that matter. You are and will be School Police Blue unless you decide to leave of course.
    You are in a dream world if you dont think that a merger is NOT possible. From an economical standpoint its a go for sure. Its all up to AJ, and we all know AJ is not fond of the Chief, and would probably use any excuse to oust him. Lets say AJ talks to your friends, the principals, and he explains the following: "We need to save money, therefore you and your schools budget are going to get cut significantly!!!! Unless, we contract our police with PBSO, AND THAN we can save 5 million, plus I can give all of you, the Principals a bonus, another AP, or 2 more teachers.....you pick what you want, and by the way, you will keep the Officers you have at the school, but they will be just wearing green! Dont think this is not plausable.........We will be the last to known, but just stay open minded.

Quote Originally Posted by AJsmentor
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue
    You are in a dream world if you dont think that a merger is NOT possible. From an economical standpoint its a go for sure. Its all up to AJ, and we all know AJ is not fond of the Chief, and would probably use any excuse to oust him. Lets say AJ talks to your friends, the principals, and he explains the following: "We need to save money, therefore you and your schools budget are going to get cut significantly!!!! Unless, we contract our police with PBSO, AND THAN we can save 5 million, plus I can give all of you, the Principals a bonus, another AP, or 2 more teachers.....you pick what you want, and by the way, you will keep the Officers you have at the school, but they will be just wearing green! Dont think this is not plausable.........We will be the last to known, but just stay open minded.
    Adding teachers may not be the thing. Keeping them from defecting to Broward (especially ones that already live there or on the border) may be a more realistic goal. A rookie teacher + benefits comes to about 50K. Each million $$ = only 20 additional teachers. Spreading those millions around to remain competitive is more realistic. Broward already pays their teachers more than we do.

Never gonna happen

I have an open mind. I would love to go green. I also am happy in blue. It brings out my eyes. We do not know if fincacially ti makes since for the district to contract us out because Dr. J has not allowed the PBSO to see the numbers so he can put a proposal together. Until those numbers are exchanged nothing is going to happen. Besides, If Dr. J gives up control there will be a lot of teachers, administrators, ect.. getting arrested instead of promoted to the DAC....

Schedules

So you are going to get a raise,car and the same schedule. You guys are dreaming....remember that the monies come from the district....PBSO is a great agency...but you will NOT get the schedule you have now....never in a million years....whats in it for the Sheriff....166 bodies 365 days a year....car ...from where....(except for the line car you will be given when school is out to patrol in)...the monies again come from the district....raise....why ?...because you are now wearing green?....gee...the budget comes from the district...PBSO will not be able to contribute money...they are short now....oh and that "hard" OT you get now ...it will be given to Contract Services and put out to all D/S.....I dont get those of you that want to go and wear green....go....its easy and those that have are happy and did the right thing for themselves and their families....

Re: Schedules

Quote Originally Posted by Really?
    So you are going to get a raise,car and the same schedule. You guys are dreaming....remember that the monies come from the district....PBSO is a great agency...but you will NOT get the schedule you have now....never in a million years....whats in it for the Sheriff....166 bodies 365 days a year....car ...from where....(except for the line car you will be given when school is out to patrol in)...the monies again come from the district....raise....why ?...because you are now wearing green?....gee...the budget comes from the district...PBSO will not be able to contribute money...they are short now....oh and that "hard" OT you get now ...it will be given to Contract Services and put out to all D/S.....I dont get those of you that want to go and wear green....go....its easy and those that have are happy and did the right thing for themselves and their families....
    Its obvious you dont understand "contracts" and dont lie to yourself and think you do. If the school police contract police to the SO, they pay them a certain amount for service in the contract!!! So its up to PBSO to fullfill their obligation and believe it or not contracts take priority to unincorporated, because it is a binding agreement!! Also you will be a PBSO deputy assigned a school, just like a deputy is assigned a zone in a district, Your district is a school, the contract states each school has a n officer, this takes priority and this is your responsibility, just like the traffic unit handles traffic, and the patrolman handles calls for service in his zone. There are soooo many ways to make it work, its all on how you write the contract. PLUS did you know if you work for PBSO in an assignment without a car you get a 5% increase in pay? Also do you know the opportunities you have at PBSO? Everyone is soo afraid to push a sled on midnitghts. Thats not going to happen! You could go to work in the courts, the airport, anywhere you want DB, evictions, SCHOOLSGreen is the way to go!

Re: Schedules

Quote Originally Posted by Really?
    From personal experience regarding details at schools @ former dept: When annexation OT eventually dried up after a few years, officers who shunned details now needed them since their family finances no longer had the guaranteed OT each pay period. They voted in a detail system similar to PBSO's. School detail problems arose quickly. The master key that the SRO has belongs to the School District. The principal is responsible for the key and only the person authorized by him/her can have it. Only those in the SRO program had the keys. We had games wherein none of the officers working it had a key, so they could not open the locker room for the visiting team, or take the officials to their dressing room, or take the band parent to the schools vault to make the money drop, etc. Officers showing up for lease details like churches, or Judo championships had no way to open the gym or theatre or turn on the lights, etc. There was a quick exemption to the detail policy that covered the SROs.

As for non-school days, thats when officers used their vacation, comp, flex, holiday, or admin time. During the summer, if their school had summer school, they worked it. If they didn't want to use up all/some of their time, they were assigned to the PAL, or worked as backups in the patrol zones that their school's boundaries covered since they were dealing with the kids and their families everyday and had a good rapport with them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast