Done Deal? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Done Deal?

14rounds

If you are so wanting to waste away, waste away selling computers for best buy. This PD needs direction, and you are helping it go in reverse. Remember the half that do not have a pension. Do you not want more? more for everyone? You can easily make the same elsewhere with the same schedule. I cant wait for the SO to come in and your out on your ear where you belong. You have taken advantge of the system too long. And if you come along for the ride when the SO does take over, you will stay where you are, train during the summer, work only when school is in session, get a pay raise, and a car. Even a retired guy cant turn that down, unless you cant make the cut due to not being physically fit. OH and dont forget, most of us here dont make it to the airport because we dont have the money since the District has screwed us for the past 20 years (while people like you let it happen).

Re: 14rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    If you are so wanting to waste away, waste away selling computers for best buy. This PD needs direction, and you are helping it go in reverse. Remember the half that do not have a pension. Do you not want more? more for everyone? You can easily make the same elsewhere with the same schedule. I cant wait for the SO to come in and your out on your ear where you belong. You have taken advantge of the system too long. And if you come along for the ride when the SO does take over, you will stay where you are, train during the summer, work only when school is in session, get a pay raise, and a car. Even a retired guy cant turn that down, unless you cant make the cut due to not being physically fit. OH and dont forget, most of us here dont make it to the airport because we dont have the money since the District has screwed us for the past 20 years (while people like you let it happen).
    Amen

I’ve talked to many of you and some guys have discussed this so much that they can’t tell the difference between what is truth and what is an old fart’s fantasy . It’s like talking to middle school kids . The mighty PBA has been behind most of the rumors , just like here at the middle school , when you start looking for facts , you don’t find them . You just hear : it’s true because officer so and so said it . The spring break news leak was a calculated move by the PBA . The Sheriff could not lie , because the phone call happened and the PBA knew that AJ was out of town and could not respond . Everything else , is just guys saying what if so much that they start to believe that it is reality . I could careless what happens , but it’s funny reading about how smart you guys are . Go to the meeting and in the middle of the fired up bull crap , ask who leaked the phone call ? It wasn’t AJ (he was out of town) and the Sheriff had nothing to gain . So , what’s the plan ? Do you want to wear green or blue ? The answer is , it’s not up to you ! AJ and the Boyz (Board) have the only say . See you on the road ! Dummies !

In a wierd way I like the bus driver, and agree WITH ONLY ONE THING he/she stated. It is out of our hands, its up to AJ and his crew, and I think it will happen, and hope it does!

to dazed and confused

John didn't stop writing...he just changed his name.

Now that there seems to be a 30 million dollar short fall AJ may not have a choice besides a merge. We will wait until July 1 when the real budget comes in. It would be nice to know before we go on summer break if we are coming back blue or green.

YEEPIE!!! I so cant waint for it to happen...the department is classified as a "sinking ship" Out with the old in with the green!

Re: guest

Quote Originally Posted by guest14
    Now that there seems to be a 30 million dollar short fall AJ may not have a choice besides a merge. We will wait until July 1 when the real budget comes in. It would be nice to know before we go on summer break if we are coming back blue or green.
    We should know before July 01, since that is the 1st day of the new fiscal year. The District has to have a balanced budget whether they raid the reserve fund, or make cutbacks, or contract services.

Well, I "heard" or maybe "seen" that certain schools are putting numbers together in reference to Officers, hours, and types of events they have worked for the past two years. This so called audit was explained as a people soft update?? In addition the request came from the DAC. Didnt make sense to me, but who am I. I see this as a way to figure out spending reference cut backs that could result in a merger or cutting corners with the department the next fiscal year. Makes sense to anyone? not a grasshopper?

Quote Originally Posted by question4notahopper
    Well, I "heard" or maybe "seen" that certain schools are putting numbers together in reference to Officers, hours, and types of events they have worked for the past two years. This so called audit was explained as a people soft update?? In addition the request came from the DAC. Didnt make sense to me, but who am I. I see this as a way to figure out spending reference cut backs that could result in a merger or cutting corners with the department the next fiscal year. Makes sense to anyone? not a grasshopper?
    Leases are a pass-through, however what can be used to deceive the public is when AJ says that they paid someone, for example, $10,000 in overtime. How much of that is simply pass-through from the leasee > school > District > officer? Some of middle schools are using admins instead of cops to cover events. The admin has direct control of the students and can administer consequences, but what do they do when an adult when an adult challenges them? They either wait for one of the Foxtrot units or hope the locals aren't tied up in their own emergency. I kid one of my admins (a good guy who is pro-police) when he tries to keep the cars moving at dropoff and pick-up, about "What are you going to do when the driver won't move and shoots a bird at you?" We both know what would happen if a driver tried this with a uniformed officer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast