Done Deal?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Done Deal?

Done Deal?

Well the more I look around, the more it appears this PBSO thing is really going to happen, and wow there are many job titles changing already. Good luck to everyone and this ride has been interesting, at the least.

Who else?

I am still convinced it is not going to occur. I believe the Chief us just consolidating power. Has other people left the department? I think it would have been nice to make an announcement about the Major leaving. I guess it is more of the same, The Chief, Cafaro and Walton never share information nad now with John stopping we will only be able to add to rumors.

I hope so

I know plenty of PBSO Officers and I have nothing but respect for you guys. I have been a cop in another state and here on this department SRO for awhile. I would not mind the merger. I like to work with a positive department. The officers I have spoke to enjoy the PBSO the moral seems to be great. This department has no moral and everyone is just *****ing about everything. I have done my job know matter what kind of rumors have been spreading around. I hope those of us that could care less about the merger are welcome to the PBSO as any other police officer.

Re: Who else?

[quote="Dazed and Confused"]I am still convinced it is not going to occur. DREAMWORLD-

-Chief is taking over another position, because he just doesnt have enough to do as Chief of Police (nothing to do with securing a job when PBSO comes in)
    -Officers at the District currently processing with PBSO have had their ap.'s frozen (maybe because PBSO is going to take over)
    -Johnson MEETS with Bradshaw to crunch numbers about a merger, Bradshaw meets with the media; news articles and an interview with a local news station happen, just because Bradshaw has nothing better to do (This will result in a MERGER)
    -Johnson is glowing with positive reviews by his evaluators, what you wants he gets! If he wants PBSO its a done deal. ACCEPT it!
    Go with it, deal with it! Then go work at the courthouse or the airport with all the other retired guys. It wil not be that bad. THE SCHEDULE WILL NOT DIFFER BY MUCH!!!!

Do Your Homework.

For the last poster, under the name of "Changeo." Make sure you do your homework before you start encouraging your peers to go to places and work with "all the other retired guys." You obviously do not get over to those venues all that often because your perception couldn't be more inaccurate.

I can say that I, as a GreenGuy, and for all the GreenGals, we would welcome you all to the family over here. We have an outstanding Sheriff, and being in local LE for the past 27 years, this agency is second to none here in PBC.

Just be patient and let the process take its course. I believe it is going to happen, and I can assure you that it will be worth the wait. For those that are unsure about the merger, that's okay as it is completely normal to feel that way. It will not take very long to make them believers that they will now belong to an outstanding agency, run by an outstanding leader and support staff. The leader, here, genuinely cares about the people in the organization. I cannot say any of this about the "current" chief. Our Sheriff only has a masters degree, but he does not need a law degree to prove that he is an effective leader and capable of running an agency of 4,000+ people.

We will be waiting for you to go 10-97.

Changed

{Work at the airport}
    Well changed it seems like you have all the answers. Why? do you have to put another brotherhood. This stuff on here is like a myspace with the kids without pictures. Things need to stay on track. PBSO officers didn't vote us to come to their department so why are some of you putting them down. What do they have to do with it. Everything right now is he said she said with AJ and everyone else concrned. I am sure alot of SRO's do not want to go green but I dont think saying things about there departmant and putting them down is the way to go. Lets see what happens there has been nothing writtten in stone. The world has enough issues without us with a badge not getting along.

Change0

You are an idiot. The Sheriff and Dr. J have not met, they have exchanged one phone call. The SO has not been given financial numbers either which is why in the news reports you say are cause for a merger celebration, the Sheriff says that he has not put a bid together because he cannot bid on something without knowing the numbers. Also no ones applications have been frozen. If you were half as smart as you think you are you would know to shut your mouth quit calling people out and just wait and see. Just because one wants to stay blue does not equate a fear of green or being on the road. I would welcome either staying or going. I think both bring positives to us as officers.

I love how all of you call eachother names for expressing their thoughts. Anyways, you see the letter from AJ about the future and the budget cuts??? We shall see what happens to our PD, we are so out the door. Read that letter and you will feel the same.

Be Professional.

You all need to be treating each other with a little more respect than you are showing to each other. This "name calling" stuff isn't going to take you anywhere from a positive standpoint.

This is a time to put your agendas aside and stand united as this impending change takes place and you all transition from blue to green.

I don't want to see anymore of this "punkin out" of one another from this point forward.

Re: Who else?

Quote Originally Posted by CHANGE0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused
    I am still convinced it is not going to occur. DREAMWORLD-

-Chief is taking over another position, because he just doesnt have enough to do as Chief of Police (nothing to do with securing a job when PBSO comes in)
    -Officers at the District currently processing with PBSO have had their ap.'s frozen (maybe because PBSO is going to take over)
    -Johnson MEETS with Bradshaw to crunch numbers about a merger, Bradshaw meets with the media; news articles and an interview with a local news station happen, just because Bradshaw has nothing better to do (This will result in a MERGER)
    -Johnson is glowing with positive reviews by his evaluators, what you wants he gets! If he wants PBSO its a done deal. ACCEPT it!
    Go with it, deal with it! Then go work at the courthouse or the airport with all the other retired guys. It wil not be that bad. THE SCHEDULE WILL NOT DIFFER BY MUCH!!!!
    First off, Johnson was just selling wolf tickets in an effort to bust the chops of the union guys. Now, to be retired from one agency and now employed with the School District,... that's where I wanted to be and that's where I want to stay. Go GREEN!!, NOT!!, even though you guys talk about the take-over as if when it happens that you're just going to stay on your regular shifts. Come on let's be honest,...you and probably every other deputy would be gunning for a school position. Not to mention the days off. 12 months or a little over 200 days. I chose and choose the "200 Days". Oh, did I mention knowing that you will ALWAYS be off regular duty before night falls and every weekend would be free, unless you wanted to work some really hard, Ooops!!,.. I meant really easy OT. We AIN'T going green, we don't need to work at the airport nor do we need to work at the courthouse. We'll still utilize the airport for those holidays that we KNOW we'll have off and we also try to stay away from the courthouse as much as possible due to the fact that they mostly operate during the hours of school. Now, that's a waste of time when you can't get paid for it. So to remedy the situation, we try our hardest to work nice clean cut cases with the utmost importatnce and attention being exhibited while conducting investigations. GREEN!! WHO?? Not me said the retired retard!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast