Take Home Policy - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To Question. Retired now but when I worked I did not have a take home. Did some research for my department and was able to show savings from assigned take home vehicles over a five year period. Shortly after I left, Department started a take home policy and now show a net savings of about 27% per year in maintenance and other cost. Department is mid sized, about 230 sworn. Patrol vehicles range from new to 6 years old so replacement cost are the biggest savings. There are a lot of studies out there like the one I posted. Hope this helped some.

Thanks MOD 422 for your concern and intent to help out. Unfortunately the administration is well aware of but not interested in studies, savings, or the fact that it just makes sense to do it. It is a benefit that they will not grant under any circumstances because the mayor believes that the officers in Patrol don't deserve it. About 30% of the PD fleet is take home now but are assigned only to specialty units and DB.
    A majority of the posts on here are due to the frustration with the political administration in Hialeah and the utter helplessness of the officers to do anything about it. This is the only real outlet they have to vent. Again, thanks for the even handed way that you moderate this forum, It is I that salute you!

Re: Pretty sorry -- Yes, Do Something About It

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Even school board gets take homes.

We are getting gypped at least $5,000 a year! No it's actually more like $7,000
    Enough complaining about it; do something! Stop posting your frustration here and work toward leaving this Castro look-alike regime! Devote your energies to apply and pass the entrance requirements at police departments where you can develop a career, i.e., MDPD, Miami, Miami Beach and Coral Gables!

To Guest at 10:56:24. Your welcome. I’m just and “Old School Cop.” You see a brother with a problem, you try to help.

MOD422....THOUGHT ABOUT RUNNING FOR PBA REP ? I'M A ROOKIE FROM THE NEW CLASS. WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR AND A HALF THERE WILL MASS EXODUS FROM THE ROOKIES. THIS IS A DEPARTMENT WITH GOOD COPS BUT A UNSUPPORTIVE MAYOR. SOME OF OUR OFFICERS ARE WORKING MIDNIGHTS WITH A DAYSHIFT VEHICLE (NO SPOT LIGHT). TALK ABOUT OFFICER SAFETY. I THINK THEY ARE WAITING FOR ONE OF US TO GET SHOT AND KILLED TO BE SUED. PATHETIC.......

I AGREE THIS IS PATHETIC.....AND THEY WANT MORE FROM US.....YEAH RIGHT.

Re: Take Home Policy

Quote Originally Posted by MOD 422
    Here is some information you guys might want to look at.
    www.fop.net/programs/research/takehomecars.pdf
    Tell them Bert.

Views

Mr.Modd when are you going to learn that in Hialeah it is not about economics! Its about a different view on life. A view that brought us the great Fidel Castro and others like him! Cops should not have a vehicle they take home because factory workers do not!!!! Please Modd stop it!

The city has millions of dollars in surplus funds yet they choose not to spend it on their employees, they plant trees and flowers with it.
    If you ask me you should start doing donuts with a marked unit in the middle of those gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The city has millions of dollars in surplus funds yet they choose not to spend it on their employees, they plant trees and flowers with it.
    If you ask me you should start doing donuts with a marked unit in the middle of those gardens.
    :lol: thats funny hiow about you freaking put in your app and leave man stop being scared everyone just leave !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast