Academy Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Academy Question

Question I am at the end of my process with your dept. and I was told that after the April class the next academy class wont be till Oct/Nov? Any truth to this, I thought you had classes running every two months?

Bureaucracy at its finest, I wouldn't quit your day job yet.

True statement, I heard that the acad is frozen until oct.

It's probably true. I'm in the process too for a PD job with the county. I have a 8 month hiring process for a job. The county has my old county Id, my fingerprints and etc. I don't see why they're in dire need of experianced people, but take almost a full year for the paperwork to be pushed through. So, don't stress it, and don't quit your job now. You'll see how slow the county is to get anything done once you're out of the academy. :lol:

I'm certified (self sponsored academy grad) and took my polygraph a little more than a month ago. I suppose its appropriate to say I won't hear anything for another few months?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    It's probably true. I'm in the process too for a PD job with the county. I have a 8 month hiring process for a job. The county has my old county Id, my fingerprints and etc. I don't see why they're in dire need of experianced people, but take almost a full year for the paperwork to be pushed through. So, don't stress it, and don't quit your job now. You'll see how slow the county is to get anything done once you're out of the academy. :lol:
    You probably don't have a criminal background, are white, and have some common sense. MDPD is notorious for dragging their feet on these types of hires.

If you were the exact opposite of the qualifications listed you would have been hired by now.

ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Truth
    It's probably true. I'm in the process too for a PD job with the county. I have a 8 month hiring process for a job. The county has my old county Id, my fingerprints and etc. I don't see why they're in dire need of experienced people, but take almost a full year for the paperwork to be pushed through. So, don't stress it, and don't quit your job now. You'll see how slow the county is to get anything done once you're out of the academy. :lol:
    You probably don't have a criminal background, are white, and have some common sense. MDPD is notorious for dragging their feet on these types of hires.

If you were the exact opposite of the qualifications listed you would have been hired by now.
    What a sad commentary on the state of our MDPD! This is what it has come to under the Alvarez regime! Still, on November 2, 2008, WE have a chance to change it, by voting the inept Alvarez from office and restoring common sense and diligence to MDPD. If you live in Miami-Dade and are a registered voter, make a difference in YOUR future, VOTE for ABC -- Anyone But Carlos! Otherwise, the same cretins will remain in command and thing will only get worst!

I spoke to my Background Inverstigator and I was told that they are waiting for the commisioner to give them money for the next academy....It could be as soon as June and as late as Oct so let's keep our fingers crossed................

I spoke with a background person today. I took my poly almost 5 weeks ago and I'm not even in their computer system yet! However, according to the investigator, applications won't be actively processed til July 1. That's when they'll get their new budget. I'm not holding my breath as I have a pretty comfy day job. ;0)

Background Investigator Lied

I spoke with a background person today. I took my poly almost 5 weeks ago and I'm not even in their computer system yet! However, according to the investigator, applications won't be actively processed til July 1. That's when they'll get their new budget. I'm not holding my breath as I have a pretty comfy day job. ;0)
    Whoever you background investigator is, that person is an idiot! "Their" budget is part of MDPD's budget, and the department's budget cycle runs from October 01, 2007 through September 30, 2008. Obviously MDPD is in the midst of its budget cycle. The real reason your application is languishing is because of the incompetence that exist at the Personnel Management Bureau. Apply with the City of Miami!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast