PBA needs to speak up

PBA needs to speak up

I know there is the http://www.flsleo.org/ website, but we are still hearing little to nothing about what is going on.

The PCB SSC 08-13 "pay raise" bill passed a House committee, what is next? Who do we need to write or call to bring more attention to this bill?

Why is everything being kept so secretive?

pay raises

You can find it on the web, call PBA

all you can find is the wording of the bill. PBA has a website they could use, SLEO chapter of PBA has a website, we have a SLEO newsletter that hasnt been updated in over a year, they should be keeping us more informed.

PBA

Sounds like a sour former iupa guy

not at all. I like pba, I appreciate what they do. I believe much more communication could be put out right now though. Look at the FHP board and how much they are all keeping up with their pay bill.

The problem is that our Pres. wants to get into politics on the state or local level, and the VP was in politics on the local level and may be looking at going to the state level. They are looking out for themselves not us. Look at the history of those on union boards and Department reps. Most are in it for themselves, be it a promotion, K9, transfer to a different agency while moving up a few pay grades, retire and work for the union, etc... Not all are like this but it seems to be almost the norm.