AGENCIES THAT DID NOT HIRE YOU?

AGENCIES THAT DID NOT HIRE YOU?

I was just wondering. Has anyone else been called by DOT months AFTER the Polygraph was passed, and asked for a list of phone numbers and contact people for the law enforcement agencies you applied to that did not hire you? Everything was fine with the Polygraph. This seems a bit out of the ordinary. In fact, NO other agency EVER asked me for this. What about you?

dont fret

It is part of the background process. maybe the other agencies found you not fit enough to wear the uniform. If that is the case, why would we hire you. It is not unuslual. we doit all the time.

Re: AGENCIES THAT DID NOT HIRE YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by WONDERING
    I was just wondering. Has anyone else been called by DOT months AFTER the Polygraph was passed, and asked for a list of phone numbers and contact people for the law enforcement agencies you applied to that did not hire you? Everything was fine with the Polygraph. This seems a bit out of the ordinary. In fact, NO other agency EVER asked me for this. What about you?

I've never heard it done. I know our agency goes above and beyond whats required in the hiring process

Sounds like you were rejected from some other Dept. We only hire the best qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sounds like you were rejected from some other Dept. We only hire the best qualified.
    Has anyone on you department ever applied anyplace else, and not been selected? Or is everyone on your job only interested in DOT, and NEVER applied anyplace else?

Our agency sucks........ Why would you want to work for DOT ?

Forget the polygraph....... You need mental health counselling.

Find another Job

Quote Originally Posted by RU-Thinking
    Our agency sucks........ Why would you want to work for DOT ?

Forget the polygraph....... You need mental health counselling.
    If you dont like it with the DOT find another job.

True. Find another job. That's why guys like me and others can not take it anymore. What? 24 hours OT for the pay period to make up for NO raises! You have to be out of your mind! And these new recruits think that being a cop is hot s**t? Think again. I'll admit, being a DOT cop years ago was fun. Then things changed. Additional duties were formed, people being promoted and NOT qualified! Example; two guys, right now, that are LT's, never were Sgt.'s and were promoted. That was a Fountain move. If you are breathing and have an IQ of an eggplant, you'll get promoted. I digress. Had a Maj. retire just over a year ago, came back as an officer, starting at $55,000 annual. Another case. Had an individual retire and was brought back as OPS, doing the same job. Three guys lost the chance to promote because of that. In the penalties section, you have a retired Maj and SSgt working OPS. Now, I'm pissed. During a meeting with Big "D", he stated that he's going to promote from within. Not happening :evil:

who cares

who really even knows or cares about DOT?