Let the Layoffs begin!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Lets relax and not point fingers. The Mayor says Public Safety will be the last resort.

(and yes I have seen the Renee our risk safety officer out many times when an accident has happened for all city workers)

Who is making $120,000? The only one I can find in the public record is the City Clerk.

I also checked for other cities and they pay their agency heads more but it does seem like a lot especially with the car allowance money. $500 a month wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    As the Chief said in his email he will keep us informed with factual information-- these posts are just the rumor mill.
    Rumor mill my azz! I was in that meeting 4-10-08 and their is 100 % FACT in what the Mayor's Office has planned for the PD.

I asked the Chief myself and he said the only thing factual is his email.

As for the budget meeting he said only two people were at the meeting him and the city clerk and if you are not the city clerk you are full of BS just trying to scare people.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I asked the Chief myself and he said the only thing factual is his email.

As for the budget meeting he said only two people were at the meeting him and the city clerk and if you are not the city clerk you are full of BS just trying to scare people.

So WRONG you are my lad! Every Lt. Unless previously excused and above were at the staff meeting with the Chief on 4-10-08. So dont try the "I asked the Chief myself" B.S. because if you did ask the him which I know as fact you did not, then he lied. It isnt a real secret ask any LT. or above if that discussion did or did not dominate the meeting.

Oh come on, do you see any LTs or above packing boxes???Exactly it is a last resort, probation employees will be gone before that happens..so move on

Funny how they say "Public Safety" will not be affected and that we are in a city hiring freeze. It seems some departments are still able to hire. Just shows where the PD stands with the city.

Real Savings

Why Public Safety -The City could save MILLIONS by contracting with Waste Management or a lower bidder for garbage collection. Why do you think the counties do it. Now the tax payers have to pay for the purchase of garbage trucks and related expenses, personnel, fuel, maintainance, landfill fees. Then you have the Recycling Center and related expenses. Close the Bradenton Municipal Auditorium and lease it to a private business. The City looses money on that each year. The take home cars being used by other non public safety City departments. When was the last fiscal emergency call out that justifies having a large Chevy Avalanch with a confidential tag as a take home car with a $500.00 a year bonus. Stop giving the hundreds of thousands of dollars to the non-profits that fill our downtown and 14th street with transients that doing nothing but trespass, commit crimes and leave nice calling cards on the business door steps. The Golf Course and related expenses. No revenue being made there. Get out of the baseball business. It is just easier to cut Public Safety. They will expect the same level of service and response after they make all the cuts and then ***** when they don't get it. Do away with the expensive annual Parade paid for totally by the tax payer money. Why doesn't the event organizer have to pay a dime other than the event permit. You could consoladate a lot of offices and responsibilites at the City Hall.

I can't believe so many lies on this board and how strongly the WRONG guy tries to prove his position.

Fact is their was no meeting on April 10 with the Chief and Lieutenants and above. Ask any Lieutenant, Captain or Major. Did not happen.

That Poster has no shame. He like the people we arrest every day.

Exactly! Did you read the paper today http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... 20510/1661

Public Safety will be a last resort. Sure it will! Leave it to IT department head and to the City Clerk to decide on whether police officer get new vests? And to them dispatch is not part of 'public safety.' Ahhh okay, nothing about emergency there. Wait till the complaints come in about how long it takes PD to respond to calls. Or next time one of the council people call complaining about some noise complaint. Can't wait to have them do it to the county!

And it's more important for everyone in code enforcement to have a take home car instead of a police officer. Just how many city hall and public works people have 'take home cars anyway?' They'll take it from the PD and Fire before they touch the candy in their own pockets.

There are so many ways for them to cut, but the easy way is police and fire.
    That's a way to stick it to the citizens of Bradenton. Maybe next time they won't vote the wrong way!

I told you Morons about the Meeting!!! Razz Lied!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast