Special Details - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Details

My name is Cupid and I know nothing, and am proud of it.

Lets see a LT make about 90 grand a Cmdr makes about 110 grand that is 200 grand for the two of them and they are taking details to pad there pockets so the guy/gay making 40 grand who can't make ends meet is unable to work them. Interesting.
    To add insult to injury captains etc get details as well and how much do they make about 130 grand a year.
    Stinks of the old boy system to me.
    They ax our OT and then they grab our details. Sounds like they are trying to keep up poor as well as stupid.
    It dosn't take someone who wants a union or otherwise to see this agency is really messed up.

"People walking up to you Singing glory hallelulia And they're tryin to sock it to you In the name of the lord"
    From the games people play.
    Joe South (born and raised in Atlanta Ga.) Not even a yankee and he saw it 4 decades ago.
    And nothing has changed.......

Guest huh, Weekenders is not "all that". There is always a toilet on a bus that needs drained because it is full from a few weekends of sitting around. Boy o Boy - those lucky peeps, it is saved just for them. Maybe that will make some of you run out and get a CDL so you can stop whining. Probabaly not, be thankful for the details you can grab from MJ. Take a look outside the agency - there are people without jobs, benefits or OT who would trade places with any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by guest peep
    Guest huh, Weekenders is not "all that". There is always a toilet on a bus that needs drained because it is full from a few weekends of sitting around. Boy o Boy - those lucky peeps, it is saved just for them. Maybe that will make some of you run out and get a CDL so you can stop whining. Probabaly not, be thankful for the details you can grab from MJ. Take a look outside the agency - there are people without jobs, benefits or OT who would trade places with any of us.
    Guest Peep,
    What kind of stupid reasoning is that. brass making 130 grand a year getting details a deputy making 40 grand a year can't get and we are suppose to be thankful for the crumbs Mikey gives us.
    Get a reality check.
    When JW grabs a toilet brush and starts cleaning a toilet, and leads by example I will be happy to watch.

:cop: Rocket Science, Right on brother!!!

Hard Candy, all you have to do is check their ID #’s under SPECIAL DETAILS and see for yourself. If details are truly disseminated randomly according to your schedule (like it should) how does a commander get 5 consecutive Phil harmonic details???

349, I thought you were doing secret squirrel sh*t. Why are you posting here? Go back to your UC world and leave the matter at hand to the road guys. If you want to I can start a thread for you “How to sit around the VNB office and drink coffee all day while criticizing people.” Find any at BayView hanging low lately? (wink, wink)

413, please don’t turn this thread into another Tony Lauer forum.

Details

Quote Originally Posted by Paparazzi LEO
    No Detail 4 Me - Details are issued to deputies based on how well you can read and write. Obviously you get the short bus list.

Stop complaining, jump back into your Crime Scene van and be glad you get a detail every once in a while.
    For your information, Crime Scene people are just faster than you. It's not Crime Scene that's complaining. Want cheese with that wine?

Re: Details

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    No Detail 4 Me - Details are issued to deputies based on how well you can read and write. Obviously you get the short bus list.

Stop complaining, jump back into your Crime Scene van and be glad you get a detail every once in a while.
    For your information, Crime Scene people are just faster than you. It's not Crime Scene that's complaining. Want cheese with that wine?
    I believe that MJ gives EVERYONE a fair shot at details. If you are so desparate to have some, then just make the call to him and stop complaining.

Re: Details

I believe that MJ gives EVERYONE a fair shot at details. If you are so desparate to have some, then just make the call to him and stop complaining.
    Our OT is based strictly on seniority. The guys that’s been here the longest has the first shot at a detail. We have so many that this has never been a problem because many times there are more details than cops to work them.

Hey X-ray unit. 349 was a road cop long before he was a UC guy and for a lot longer 14+ years if I am not mistaken, and I am not. If you would stop complaining for just about a second and listen to those who came before you, you might learn a thing or two.
    I don’t work details, why, because I don’t need to. I live within my means, but I do know plenty of new guys who get all the details they want and they are not in the “Good Old Boy” group. In fact most of them probably could not be picked out of a lineup by your so called “Good Old Boy” network.

349 must have tired himself out on the road, because he hasn't done much in a while.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast