Knight jumps in sheriff race

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Staff report, Sun-Herald
    Former FHP Maj. Tom Knight has announced he is a candidate for Sarasota County Sheriff.

Knight has been a South County resident since 1973.

"The sheriff's department needs strong leadership to deal with its budget and the challenges that come with a slowing economy."

Knight identified the budget as his No. 1 issue.

"I am backing a Citizen Budget Review Commission" Knight emphasized.

Knight graduated from Venice High School in 1981. He is currently enrolled as a graduate student in the public administration program at the University of South Florida in Tampa.

Knight lives in Nokomis with...
    Click here for the full story.
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

Yeah. You can see how that budget goes. Troopers will be making more then us and he will systematically begin with agressive firings (not layoffs) to down size the department with out claiming he has to layoff people. I think the morale will get even worse. Ask the Troopers how they feel and the way he ran that agency to the ground. Also, ask how he aggressively harassed good troopers so they would leave..

I read the article and I've concluded the following about Tom Knight:
    • Knight has learned one key political principle: Tell the people what they want to hear and not what you'll do. Knight has chosen to talk about all the hot-button political issues that have been in the local and national media:

- budget problems
      - getting rid of illegal aliens
      - creating a budgetary civilian oversight review board
      - executive schooling and experience he's claiming
      - budget issues
      - college degree, plus currently enrolled in USF MPA program
      - worked as SPD patrolman (roots)
      - 20 years experience in law enforcement at FHP
      - budget fiasco
      - lived in Sarasota County since 1973 (roots)
      - budget madness (his words)
      - graduated from Venice High School (roots)
      - he said that the budget as his #1 priority?
    All of these "political hot button issues" are and have been in the news!!!

He's obviously been coached by some smooth political talkers on "what to say" because he hit all the political hot buttons -- every single one. If he is elected, will all those things materialize? No, of course not, but that's not the point. The point is that he's talking about all the political hot buttons in an attempt to get elected. Will it work? Probably not because he looks and sounds like Poindexter, BUT he's obviously been coached on which political hot buttons to push -- and he's pushing them!!!!

The other candidates should copycat his platform because THAT'S politics!!! Nobody will remember who pushed the political hot buttons first if all the candidates are pushing them.

Charlie Wells stretching his long arm of the Law

We can only hope he "jumps out" as suddenly as he "jumped in."

Go to Manatee County and run against Stuebey. Charlie Wells is backing you to run a puppet regeim in Sarasota County. He has his PEEPEE Skinners locked in Manatee, now he wants them here.

Something's Not Right

I agree illegal's should not be here if it violates our laws. I however cannot help but feel his message has racial overtones and is meant to make the good O'le White Boys vote for him. Something in my gut tells me something is not right. :shock:

Who is this minute man? I think he fits the standard cop profile.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R0FPDPTd0LA