what happend to training - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

"What 'happend' to training"
    I think who ever 'invented' this topic should start their training in the REPORT WRITING class... Perhaps 'spelling' will be trained for a few hours.
    FYI - "HAPPENED" is the correct spelling.

While I agree training is the key and you can never have enough training, especially with the people you work with on a daily basis,(well put ccsonoone) Those who have been around long enough know that if it isn't on paper, it didn't happen. So, when I go to court and have to testify that the reason I did something was because I was "trained" to do it by 12345's other 1/2, and they look in my training file and cannot find where I was "trained" to do that, I may have a little explaining to do. And why is only D4 and D7 invited. Isnt that some form of regional discrimination ? And ccsonoone, I am sure there is a lesson plan for building clearing. Hope there is a sign up sheet so you get your credit where credit is due. [/i]

you are missing the point....

HanSolo, you seem to be missing the point here. These people have noticed a problem and are doing what they can on their level to fix it. Yes it would be nice to be able to go to court and say this is the class it took that trained me to do what I did, but it is even more important to make it home that night to be able to go to court and make your explanations.
    Regional discrimination, no, just a SGT. who has taken the ball and does what he can, I am sure with all the talent that region 1 has they too could figure out some sort of training method too. If not get with TE I am sure he would be happy to have your boys there as well.
    TE is doing the same thing that was done way back when LTJJ was running a shift and trained his guys on felony stops and building clearing. Same with SGT MR when I worked for him. This is what a good Sgt does to benefit his guys and the guys around him. TE has taken it to another level and started to include the entire region in his training for those who wish to come. If training wants to provide sign up sheets and lesson plans then great, if not I am sure the training will continue regardless because it is what is right for the safety of his guys. If your Sgt is not doing these then ask him why not?

I am not missing the point. The training is great and I commend all those involved. I wish those in my region would take more initiative and do some training on those dreadful Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Its not up to training to provide lesson plans and sign up sheets. Its up to those conducting the training to get the lesson plans and provide the sign up sheets. There is a certain amount of liability involved in tranining and vicarious liability at that for those conducting the training. Lesson plans and sign up sheets benefits everyone. Once again D8 seems to be setting an example. As mentioned before about building clearing, I guarantee there is a lesson plan for building clearing and sign up sheet can be obtained. If these classes are being taught as they should then why not get the lesson plan from tranining, provide the handouts and get the guys in attendance from D8,D4,D7 credit for attending.

I think that everyone is missing the point. Training is important to everyone. The budget cuts is not the fault of anyone except the taxpayers. We have hard times ahead of us and we need to make do with what we can. TE is doing a good job, but everyone needs to be involved. It should not just be D8 or D4 or D7, it should go Agency wide. Their is alot of talent in all divisions, and it should be utilized. Trainers are being asked to balance time to teach classes. I know many including myself that would do anything for the cause. Lets not compare TE to every other person who has done training in the past because he is doing his thing right now, and tomorrow it will be someone else that needs to pick up the sword. Everyone need to get off this stupid site and get back in the game.

As momma always said, "Stupid is as Stupid does"

Well put my friend Forrest. I would love to see some training on the art of being a shrimp boat captain. Speaking of games, ping pong is a great game and I love to play ping pong. Back to the topic, everyone needs to be involved in training. There are alot of talented individuals in a variety of different areas within this agency. Utilize those talents across the regions, get credit for the training as others have mentioned and lets all work together for the common good.

"My momma says I'm special"

what happened to training?

Sybil?? Scary Mary?? 854??

Forrest great idea about the talent in all divisions and utilizing it. Why not take a poll and see what training people would like to have or need and then who is best suited to provide it. Work it out among the districts/regions to get everybody trained on those slow Tuesday/Wednesday nights. Use the lesson plans, get the credit and everyone is happy. Not all training has to be hands on. Some of the most informative training I have had has been classroom training back in the day from JD and SF.

One more thing Forrest, we get to carry swords now. When did we get rid of the expandable batons.

This new training thing is expensive........

I don’t know about you guys but I find this new training program to be expensive, I was re-qualifying with my duty weapons on the internet and ended up shoot my monitor which cost about $200.00, They should have never but those targets on line, how can you get forty shots off when the first round takes out the screen!!!!!

Hey 12345,

We don't have a problem stepping up and training our people. Many of us have been doing that for years. The problem is when the administration promotes someone with zero law enforcement experience to commander of training. Yes, I'm talking about Commander Beth. She has never worked a day in law enforcement, yet, she is in charge of training. Absolutely incredibly irresponsible. We cut training partially to cover Commander Beth's new salary. If she had an ounce of self respect or professional responsibility, she would have refused the promotion because she knows that she has no business running a law enforcement training bureau. Beth, I know you will continue wasting my tax dollars by accepting a pay check in a position about which you have no clue.

I am confident that Rambosk will make the appropriate changes when he is elected.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast