what happend to training - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hey Stew we might be better w/o u too......

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Hey 12345 Nurses with 10 years base pay is about $90,000.. u are not paid that at CCSO not even close. Also nurses don't work 43 a week, and they get shift diff and extra for working weekends. Times are hard for a lot but we deserve better. Also if you never worked OT in Comm Center you don't know how hard it is answering the phone when it never stops ringing and eveyone has problems, and needs help now.. it is very stressfull (my hats off to the MEMBERS that work there full time) CCSO should treat COPS better. the public deserves better when people start leavings the public will suffer.......With out getting a head of the problem we are getting farther behind.

Hope KR has some plans......

Actually, most Sgts with 10 years of experience and a few details make around 90K as well. Police work doesnt require a degree though...Nursing does so it pays more. Now go stir crap somewhere else.
    have a nice DAY

No Sgt's with a few details don't make 90 K and in a few years it will require a degree to be a Sgt.

Read the Policy and Procedures up dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a Lt. with 10 years might make 90k ...

It these tough times it is up to the senior Cpls and Sgts to take the training lead and help train the new younger guys. Someone Please take the hint from Sgt TE in D-8 who spends every free moment he gets in training not only his guys but anyone willing to come out and learn or even refresh their own skills.
    This has been going on for years in D8, 12345.
    But I am sure you were still in college, or NJC when that was going on.
    This isn't a reinvention of the wheel.
    And those were not tough times.

This has been going on for years in D8, 12345.
    But I am sure you were still in college, or NJC when that was going on.
    This isn't a reinvention of the wheel.
    And those were not tough times.
    Well if this has been going on for years in D-8 I don’t remember PeeWee training anyone, yep I go back that far, much farther then you, I am sure of that. But I do remember the guys out there always taking care of each other because they have too. Sgt TE has just stepped up and taking over with his training and it is a good thing. If other districts would just get beyond the drama and start working as cops instead of a bunch of old ladies in a sewing circle then things would get better there too. Yes I have worked OT in the Comm Center and it is not a fun job. Those who work the comm. Center are forever in my debt for the support they give to the LEO out here, However LEO’s working the Comm Center is not what it was designed for. Comm Center personal work the comm. Center and LEO’s work the road. If OT is available then great just don’t bank on it. As far as pay goes, I will hit the $68,000 mark this year as base pay, no OT, that is with out the much acclaimed “college degree” and without any brass on my shoulders. If you are looking for that magic $90,000.00 mark then may I suggest that you go back to school and get your nursing degree, spend your time as an intern and work your ten years until you hit that $90,000.00 mark. In fact it appears that nursing may be too Noble of a profession for you, Maybe law school is in your future. The world could always use another ambulance chaser, because obviously money is your motivating factor in your life and not the work you do.
    Training is better done by those you work with anyway, that way all shift members are on the same page, working as a team when they need to. You are not trying to blend a video made in the early 80’s into your work in 2008, while your shift mate may have seen another video that tells him/her to do something else. Shift training make more sense, is more cost effective and provides better up to date training for the guys in the field. I would rather have the new Rookie standing next to me and be able to guide him through the needed training then have less personal and no backup when needed!

If you have been around as long as you say you have then will know that training in D8 started well be TE and was carried on by the likes of SF, MC and others. While all agree the training TE does is a good thing, the suggestion has been made numerous times that when doing the training and utilizing the instructors, to use a lesson plan that may already exist within the agency so that guys attendning the training can sign in and receive credit for attending training. As one knows, you can never have to much training on your resume...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Hey Stew we might be better w/o u too......
    You wish. I'm not going anywhere and my only real complaint is reading the whiney coments from the likes of you.

Life is like a box of chocolates.....

I've been viewing this site for a long time now, just as an observer not a poster. This post hits "home" a little bit for me so I figured I would throw in my 2 cents. I work in D-8, you can try and figure out who I am I don't care. I am not here to bash anyone. I wasn't in D-8 when SF, MC, JD, or any of those guys were here when they did their training, however I hear all the stories. From what I hear it was great training they did back then. All of those guys have moved on to bigger and better things. I feel this post was intended to show that even though the budget is hurting our training situation, training can still be done. Sgt. TE is a doing a phenomenal job. The training obtained in academies, inservice, and classes can not be matched against training you obtain with the people you work with every day. When you train with the people you work with they know what you thinking and what your going to do before you even do it. I know the last post stated something about lesson plans for the training so people would get credit which is a great idea and has been discussed. When we train we incorporate D8 along with D4, D7 and D2. Coverage is provided for the other districts just so their troops can join in. As I stated earlier SF, MC and JD had great training and have moved on and now we have TE, NL, JJC, and others to continue it.

Anyone reading this that is in road patrol should know how "dead" its been lately. We have more time on hands lately than we know what to do with, so Sgt. TE fills it with training. Trust me if you have the time set up some training, even if you aren't the Sgt. of the shift I am sure your supervisor will be up for it.

I guess that was a little bit more than my 2 cents.

I've got building clearing training tommorow night, what are you doing on your wednesday night?

If you have been around as long as you say you have then will know that training in D8 started well be TE and was carried on by the likes of SF, MC and others. While all agree the training TE does is a good thing, the suggestion has been made numerous times that when doing the training and utilizing the instructors, to use a lesson plan that may already exist within the agency so that guys attendning the training can sign in and receive credit for attending training. As one knows, you can never have to much training on your resume...
    Absolutely those other Sgts and personal have done a lot of training and do great things, my post was in no way meant to say the TE conceived of the idea of training his shift or any other personal. My post was to point out that with the budget cuts, that training is now our responsibility to maintain. Sure lesson plans and sign up sheets would be best to do and I think are in the works, but the fact is the needed training is being done to provide training to the needed personal and it is being done without a training budget drain. Those complaining that they no longer get to watch the videos need to get over it and share their experience with those who may be new.
    Yes a resume is great to have, documentation is even better, but training is the key, in what ever form it may come in. So when it is cut in the budget we must, as professionals, find other ways to stay sharp and train. No disrespect was intended to those who taught before and are still teaching today. TE was just an example of the many good guys out there doing what needs to be done and not crying over spilled budget cuts.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast