TAKE HOME CARS - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TAKE HOME CARS

Re: $$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by We're scared now
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    “Off the cuff comments like ‘I have to run to the Lowes now’ is why the public has lost respect for deputies…..”

The public deserves comments like this because they have lost respect for cops. If the public can’t take the disrespect, they shouldn’t dish it out. It’s time for cops to stop backing down from disrespectful people. Give it back tenfold.
    You have to earn respect not just demand it. That era of "look it's officer friendly" is over in case some have not caught on to that yet. No one is going to blindly respect anyone because you have some borrowed flashing lights and a badge on that says "serving since yesterday" Which no it is not your car or lights. It's the sheriffs, get on the wrong side of the brass and you'll find out how quick none of that is yours.

Not everyone deemed the public is a snotty, idiotic, cop hating, gang banger or lawyer or whatever group some deputies are whining about this week.

A lot of the seasoned deputies (not all) don't encounter as many problems because they don't get ****y with the public. They do what they have to do and handle people accordingly and on a case by case basis. On the other hand there are those that treat everyone like they are a gangbanger (which someone mentioned) including other deputies (whom they may not know or recognize) while the real gangbangers are driving down the street doing EXACTLY what they feel like doing.

The public also witnesses a lot of the above mentioned nonsense as well. Before some get all defensive just admit that many deputies will drive on by or not answer anything that might get them kicked around for real or cause some more report writing. Then there are the deputies who will stand by and watch another deputy get beat up (again admit it happens) and many still all want blind respect from the public. Why should the "public" blindly respect any entity that does not respect or defend each other? If you want loyalty and love then buy a dog.

Before you dish it out to the "Great Satan" I mean public. (I take it your entire family is sworn and isn't part of the evil empire know as the PUBLIC) make sure you're faster, stronger and that your backup is for real.

Far as giving it back tenfold just because you "THINK" you can "dream on" like the Aerosmith song says.
    Guess this guy has never worked Ida...i.e...they are all gangbangers.

Indy package

Just for the record agencies often refer to take homes as the "Indianapolis Package".

The history behind that statement Indianapolis Police Department (Indiana) was the first agency to ever come out with take homes. They allow their officers to drive the vehicles anytime anywhere in the county or any of the five surrounding counties. Every other agency in the state that has take homes operate the same way with the exception of Carmel PD, Fisher's PD, and the Indiana State Police who for recruitment reasons (benefits) allow their officers to drive them anywhere in the state.

Now that I have moved here to Florida and hear everyone crying... it's crazy. The thought process was the more cars they have out there the more crime will be deterred. This is why apartments offer discounts to officers to get them to reside there. They want that car out front. I hear nobody crying about Gieco, Progressive, AIG they offer take homes, that's your insurance money, or drug companies that offer cars to their drug reps, that's why prescriptions are so high. It's a perk, and if I seen a HCSO car rolling through Lowes. walmart, 7-11, I would feel a bit safer knowing that there is a D/S there. I have driven many of miles from my PD for classes wearing shorts and a T-shirt but people look at that car and slow down, or stop whatever else they wearing thinking of, even though I have no jurisdiction and am dressed in plain cloths.

RIGHT ON!

Re: Indy package

Quote Originally Posted by any username not taken
    Just for the record agencies often refer to take homes as the "Indianapolis Package".

The history behind that statement Indianapolis Police Department (Indiana) was the first agency to ever come out with take homes. They allow their officers to drive the vehicles anytime anywhere in the county or any of the five surrounding counties. Every other agency in the state that has take homes operate the same way with the exception of Carmel PD, Fisher's PD, and the Indiana State Police who for recruitment reasons (benefits) allow their officers to drive them anywhere in the state.

Now that I have moved here to Florida and hear everyone crying... it's crazy. The thought process was the more cars they have out there the more crime will be deterred. This is why apartments offer discounts to officers to get them to reside there. They want that car out front. I hear nobody crying about Gieco, Progressive, AIG they offer take homes, that's your insurance money, or drug companies that offer cars to their drug reps, that's why prescriptions are so high. It's a perk, and if I seen a HCSO car rolling through Lowes. walmart, 7-11, I would feel a bit safer knowing that there is a D/S there. I have driven many of miles from my PD for classes wearing shorts and a T-shirt but people look at that car and slow down, or stop whatever else they wearing thinking of, even though I have no jurisdiction and am dressed in plain cloths.
    Pinellas has had this plan for decades. Anyone know of any negatives to the plan over there?

RE UPPING

Going back in

Quote Originally Posted by ;1220105
    You have to earn respect not just demand it. That era of "look it's officer friendly" is over in case some have not caught on to that yet. No one is going to blindly respect anyone because you have some borrowed flashing lights and a badge on that says "serving since yesterday" Which no it is not your car or lights. It's the sheriffs, get on the wrong side of the brass and you'll find out how quick none of that is yours.

Not everyone deemed the public is a snotty, idiotic, cop hating, gang banger or lawyer or whatever group some deputies are whining about this week.

A lot of the seasoned deputies (not all) don't encounter as many problems because they don't get ****y with the public. They do what they have to do and handle people accordingly and on a case by case basis. On the other hand there are those that treat everyone like they are a gangbanger (which someone mentioned) including other deputies (whom they may not know or recognize) while the real gangbangers are driving down the street doing EXACTLY what they feel like doing.

The public also witnesses a lot of the above mentioned nonsense as well. Before some get all defensive just admit that many deputies will drive on by or not answer anything that might get them kicked around for real or cause some more report writing. Then there are the deputies who will stand by and watch another deputy get beat up (again admit it happens) and many still all want blind respect from the public. Why should the "public" blindly respect any entity that does not respect or defend each other? If you want loyalty and love then buy a dog.

Before you dish it out to the "Great Satan" I mean public. (I take it your entire family is sworn and isn't part of the evil empire know as the PUBLIC) make sure you're faster, stronger and that your backup is for real.

Far as giving it back tenfold just because you "THINK" you can "dream on" like the Aerosmith song says.
    You're telling me, cops don't have each other's back these days?

Unregistered
    This thread is pointless and I think the OP is not a LEO or even works here.

I personally do not care about the whole take home cars subject. However, this is where I do have a problem... if one day they decide to back off on cars or fuel use, they will do what they did last time. Bother patrol and move patrol deps out of their zones and squads that they are comfortable in and move them to another district closer to home. Regardless if they been at that district 10 years or more. Also, does anyone remember the old, "turn off your engine every hour for ten min" rule to save gass? It was stuipd. They always screw with patrol. How about detectives and sgt's and above not use their cars for personal use on HCSO fuel before screwing with patrol. Also, why does jail brass need HCSO cars? They dont go to call outs. Anyway. Its a non issue until they screw with patrol instead of looking at themselves, the brass.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This thread is pointless and I think the OP is not a LEO or even works here.
    No, this thread is dead. It's been dead for 9+ years. Who the @#$% goes digging up 9 year old threads...?

Unregistered
    Didn't some order come out a few years ago stating you couldn't tow your boat, RV or jet ski with an SO owned vehicle?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123