TAKE HOME CARS - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TAKE HOME CARS

Quote Originally Posted by You dunce!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Well screw him, look at all the money he is saving in payroll by not paying his deputies. gotta go im going to get something at lowes...in my HCSO car.

Thanks a lot, numbskull.

Let the public and the county commissioners get the impression that your attitude is the attitude of most deputies and the use of take home cars for off duty purposes WILL be forbidden.

You are incredibly stupid to put such a post on a public board......

I have to agree. What happened to being a professional? The public does read this board. If we want to be paid and treated as professionals we must act like them.

gas $$$

Whether this is a LEO site or not it was EXTREMELY unprofessional for those who posted such sarcastic messages about gas prices and those who may be abusing the privilege of take home cars (unmarked to be specific)

Off the cuff comments like "I have to run to the Lowes now" is why the public has lost respect for deputies and anything else wearing a badge as a whole.

Far as the smart butt saying "you don't tell us what to do." You want to bet? Ask a few demoted or now fired and out of a job deputies who made the wrong comment to the wrong taxpaying political connection about who can tell who what to do when push comes to shove.

Don't let your badge, free gas, cute car with lights, and gun overrun your butt and mouth there before you get put in your place by someone with some pull to ruin your career or a nutter who wouldn't hesitate to take your life because they deem you disrespectful to them.

If you want some respect from the average civilian (not the criminals the average LEO implies that all non sworn people are) you might do well to lead by example and show some respect as well. It truely does go both ways.

People do not dislike cops because they give tickets and all that nonsense, they dislike arrogance, power trips, and two bit idiots flashing metal at them.

Give the profession the dignity it deserves or find something else to do.

Too bad most of the "cops cop" have retired or passed away. Such sad, pathetic, napoleon complex types are overshadowing the good ones.

Many that read this board must also remember that many that post such comments may not even be a LEO.

“Off the cuff comments like ‘I have to run to the Lowes now’ is why the public has lost respect for deputies…..”

The public deserves comments like this because they have lost respect for cops. If the public can’t take the disrespect, they shouldn’t dish it out. It’s time for cops to stop backing down from disrespectful people. Give it back tenfold.

darn right. The only time I witness a deputy being "disrespectful" is when it comes the citizen first. It's usually the ones like the above that post on this site that like to call us public "servants" as if we owe something to them.

or the little gang banger that thinks he's hard. Guess what, I will not be calling him "sir" when I am dealing with him. I intend to harass every known gang banger as much as I can.

99% of the people I come into contact with are the problem children of our society. I SERVE the rest of society by dealing with these idiots so they don't have to.

Well if people cannot identify sarcasm in such comments, screw em again, they are to stupid to reason with anyway.

That includes you

10-65 ?

darn right. The only time I witness a deputy being "disrespectful" is when it comes the citizen first. It's usually the ones like the above that post on this site that like to call us public "servants" as if we owe something to them.

This is not true, and you know it.

Just because you had a bad day dealing with vermin, don't take it out on the next grandmother you pull over.

And just FYI, in case you had forgotten that you are SWORN to uphold the law and to be a PUBLIC SERVANT, that oath still stands. DO IT or get the F OUT.

Re: 10-65 ?

Quote Originally Posted by MzTimko

This is not true, and you know it.

Just because you had a bad day dealing with vermin, don't take it out on the next grandmother you pull over.

And just FYI, in case you had forgotten that you are SWORN to uphold the law and to be a PUBLIC SERVANT, that oath still stands. DO IT or get the F OUT.

What part fo "It’s time for cops to stop backing down from disrespectful people. Give it back tenfold."................... did you not understand?

No one said that that cops should intiate the disrespect. Cops should (just like uses of force) take it up a notch once it has been dished out. (Or in this case case take it up 10 notches "Give it back tenfold"!!!!!)

$$$$$$$$

“Off the cuff comments like ‘I have to run to the Lowes now’ is why the public has lost respect for deputies…..”

The public deserves comments like this because they have lost respect for cops. If the public can’t take the disrespect, they shouldn’t dish it out. It’s time for cops to stop backing down from disrespectful people. Give it back tenfold.
    You have to earn respect not just demand it. That era of "look it's officer friendly" is over in case some have not caught on to that yet. No one is going to blindly respect anyone because you have some borrowed flashing lights and a badge on that says "serving since yesterday" Which no it is not your car or lights. It's the sheriffs, get on the wrong side of the brass and you'll find out how quick none of that is yours.

Not everyone deemed the public is a snotty, idiotic, cop hating, gang banger or lawyer or whatever group some deputies are whining about this week.

A lot of the seasoned deputies (not all) don't encounter as many problems because they don't get ****y with the public. They do what they have to do and handle people accordingly and on a case by case basis. On the other hand there are those that treat everyone like they are a gangbanger (which someone mentioned) including other deputies (whom they may not know or recognize) while the real gangbangers are driving down the street doing EXACTLY what they feel like doing.

The public also witnesses a lot of the above mentioned nonsense as well. Before some get all defensive just admit that many deputies will drive on by or not answer anything that might get them kicked around for real or cause some more report writing. Then there are the deputies who will stand by and watch another deputy get beat up (again admit it happens) and many still all want blind respect from the public. Why should the "public" blindly respect any entity that does not respect or defend each other? If you want loyalty and love then buy a dog.

Before you dish it out to the "Great Satan" I mean public. (I take it your entire family is sworn and isn't part of the evil empire know as the PUBLIC) make sure you're faster, stronger and that your backup is for real.

Far as giving it back tenfold just because you "THINK" you can "dream on" like the Aerosmith song says.

Re: $$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by We're scared now

You have to earn respect not just demand it. That era of "look it's officer friendly" is over in case some have not caught on to that yet. No one is going to blindly respect anyone because you have some borrowed flashing lights and a badge on that says "serving since yesterday" Which no it is not your car or lights. It's the sheriffs, get on the wrong side of the brass and you'll find out how quick none of that is yours.

Not everyone deemed the public is a snotty, idiotic, cop hating, gang banger or lawyer or whatever group some deputies are whining about this week.

A lot of the seasoned deputies (not all) don't encounter as many problems because they don't get ****y with the public. They do what they have to do and handle people accordingly and on a case by case basis. On the other hand there are those that treat everyone like they are a gangbanger (which someone mentioned) including other deputies (whom they may not know or recognize) while the real gangbangers are driving down the street doing EXACTLY what they feel like doing.

The public also witnesses a lot of the above mentioned nonsense as well. Before some get all defensive just admit that many deputies will drive on by or not answer anything that might get them kicked around for real or cause some more report writing. Then there are the deputies who will stand by and watch another deputy get beat up (again admit it happens) and many still all want blind respect from the public. Why should the "public" blindly respect any entity that does not respect or defend each other? If you want loyalty and love then buy a dog.

Before you dish it out to the "Great Satan" I mean public. (I take it your entire family is sworn and isn't part of the evil empire know as the PUBLIC) make sure you're faster, stronger and that your backup is for real.

Far as giving it back tenfold just because you "THINK" you can "dream on" like the Aerosmith song says.
    Two words: "Cuckoo" and "cuckoo".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast