carjacking at HQ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

carjacking at HQ

Deputies: Released inmate tried to carjack woman in jail parking lot

By ROCHELLE E.B. GILKEN

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

WEST PALM BEACH — A 21-year-old man released from jail this morning was arrested again minutes later when he tried to carjack a woman in the jail parking lot, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

Frank Singleton, of West Palm Beach, was arrested for a misdemeanor trespassing charge in Riviera Beach at around 5 this morning. He was released from jail on his own recognizance at 11:45 a.m., around the same time a woman arrived at the jail in a Nissan 350Z.

Singleton tried to stop her, but she got in the car to drive away, the sheriff's office said. He caught up to her, pulled her out and got in the driver's seat. But he couldn't get away because he didn't know how to drive a five-speed, the sheriff's office said.

A visiting pastor and booking deputy were able to restrain him.

He is now charged with a felony, carjacking, and is back in his cell.

HAHAHAHAH

Which brings up an interesting point. I see sum bags wandering through the parking lot ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT and Day after being released. Caught a few of them looking inside cars as well as checking out license plates on vehicles as well. Of course, the worst thing I have seen is scum bags waving to corrections deputies coming / going to work with the usuall exchange something like "what up dawg", "what up dawg", "you just get out?", "yeah", "hows you momma and brother?" etc ...

Quote Originally Posted by got2bkiddin
    Which brings up an interesting point. I see sum bags wandering through the parking lot ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT and Day after being released. Caught a few of them looking inside cars as well as checking out license plates on vehicles as well. Of course, the worst thing I have seen is scum bags waving to corrections deputies coming / going to work with the usuall exchange something like "what up dawg", "what up dawg", "you just get out?", "yeah", "hows you momma and brother?" etc ...
    they are a bunch of idiots

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Amazing more problems actually don't occur in that plot...But this along with the grafitti last year or so is only a sign its going to get worse around there....

It only takes one dangerous predator to take one of our friends, co-workers of family members away in the blink of an eye. This is a problem that administration refuses to address because all of the executive staff have the nice little front parking spots and some people even have more than one. There are a lot of gals that work in the evenings and have to walk to the back of the lot in the dark shadows because they parked thier car in the full lot during the day to get to work for the night shift. I have heard stories of released scum-bags knocking on the car windows and asking to use peoples cell phones, get a ride or demanding money. Another act of deliberate indifference. We need an employee designated parking area and should do away with all of the executive assigned parking spaces. It is clear there is a security issue for the employees and if some of these special interest people with their take home cars and special parking spots had to walk in their subordinates shoes, maybe something would change. We have a duty to protect our employees. Now someone with a fancy salary needs to man-up and do their job. We should have to wait until the medical examiner is dispatched to the parking lot to clean up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    It only takes one dangerous predator to take one of our friends, co-workers of family members away in the blink of an eye. This is a problem that administration refuses to address because all of the executive staff have the nice little front parking spots and some people even have more than one. There are a lot of gals that work in the evenings and have to walk to the back of the lot in the dark shadows because they parked thier car in the full lot during the day to get to work for the night shift. I have heard stories of released scum-bags knocking on the car windows and asking to use peoples cell phones, get a ride or demanding money. Another act of deliberate indifference. We need an employee designated parking area and should do away with all of the executive assigned parking spaces. It is clear there is a security issue for the employees and if some of these special interest people with their take home cars and special parking spots had to walk in their subordinates shoes, maybe something would change. We have a duty to protect our employees. Now someone with a fancy salary needs to man-up and do their job. We should have to wait until the medical examiner is dispatched to the parking lot to clean up the mess.
    \\

SECOND THAT!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by got2bkiddin
    they are a bunch of idiots
    I unfortunately have to agree. Some of the officers I work with make me wonder whos side they are on. Ive seen Sgts and Lt's talk to the inmates like they were best friends, and would not even speak with the deputy working the unit.

Just for your edification, the Sheriff's Office has been working with the County Facilities Division for the last year to construct fencing that would provide some safety to the employees of the agency. It is encumbent on each one of us to be vigilant and aware of those who might be predators. If your law enforcement or corrections, stop one of them if they're lurking in the parking lot.... If your a civilian, get on your cell phone and call commo and they'll send someone to challenge the loiterer.. Do somehting other than complain on here.

Not for nothing, If someone didn't say anything here, nothing would get done. It would be ignored because it doesn't effect the artistocracy with assigned parking. And by the way, this is PBC, everyone knows they have to be situationally aware at all times with the problems we have. You would think the sheriff's office would be somewhat of a sanctuary from acts of violence. Someone with the authority of rank needs to step up and make a decision and create an assigned parking area for employees only, not just for the blessed and 9 to 5 / 2-hour lunch and 1 hour work out peeps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast