New Cars at HQ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Cars at HQ

New Cars at HQ

I noticed there were about 80 new cars at HQ. How do they decide who gets them?

If you have to ask, than its not you.

100k on your car - unless you are a rookie with an 8500 id or higher, then you keep it a little longer.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by answers
    100k on your car - unless you are a rookie with an 8500 id or higher, then you keep it a little longer.
    So what if I have a 6k id# and 85k miles "what are my chances for a new ride???"

just be lucky you have a take home car

*happy, not lucky

I have a 70xx ID and have 80 K on my car. Jessie said 100k is the cut off.

Entitlement!

I can't quite understand this new generation of law enforcement officers. What happened to the "right of passage" and "paying your dues" with this agency before expecting all kinds of toys, new cars, etc.?

For alot, and I hesitate to say most, its become nothing more than "expectation" and "entitlement." It's really disgusting and makes me wonder if these types of people would have even had what it takes to last in this job had they started 15-20 years ago when things weren't handed down on a silver platter.

There's many people in this agency, that have been here for 10, 15, 20 years that have maybe had one new car and some have had nothing but "used hand downs." And many of these new "wet behind the ear rookies" act as if they would settle for nothing less than new.

They are also the same ones that are critical of the PBA and what the union doesn't do for them. If you fit this mold, remember that if it wasn't for the union, and the Collective Bargaining Agreement that were governed by, you wouldn't even have a take-home car in your first year of probation.

Advice: Be appreciative of those that came before you and what the PBA does for all of us because sometimes its difficult to see whether there's any real appreciation for what we have these days.

CP gets the cars along with extra points for the promotional process coming up, come'on, how long have you been here!

I know a Courthouse Deputy who got a brand new car recently. Road Patrol Deputies are driving cars with 80K and 90K on them. There is no method to Motorpools madness. Never has been

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast