10s - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 10s

The concern over the lengthened days is legitimate. You can all stop asking about whether the Town's goal was to save money or not. I can assure you that saving money was the sole goal of going to twelve hour days.

The reason that it seems that we have been stripped to bare minimum is that they used to be willing to supplement manpower shortages with overtime. If there were five people in training, they would pay officers to bring up the minimum. They are no longer willing to do this.

There also seems to be the impression that we are starting our days with 20 officers. This is incorrect. There have been a few times when we have had 18 officers, but this is rare and depends on no one taking vacation or using sick time. The situation that occurs every night from about 5 - 630 PM is a tremendous disservice to the residents of this city. There are times when we have half a dozen officers responsible for the entire city. This may be alleviated by the new schedule, but it was allowed to go on for three months without adjustment.

The answer to the question of whether or not the town went to 12's to save money is kind of obvious. It is not safer; it is not easier for the officers; it robs the city of enhanced manpower during peak hours and it has been a tremendous hindrance to training.

As one commenter said, the 10's are in the contract, but don't hold your breath. They didn't go to 12's for you and they aren't getting rid of them for you. This saves them a ton of money and you aren't the one's electing Council members. I would also be willing to bet that if the citizens knew what they were giving up in terms of police service, they would still be in favor of the 12's. People want a police department, but for the most part never think that they will have to use them.

THAT WAS A GREAT POST WHAT HAPPENS BETWEEN 1720-1820 HOURS IS NOT SAFE FOR US THE OFFICER'S AND THE CITIZENS BUT THE BOTTOM LINE THE TOWN COULD CARE LESS AS LONG AS ITS SAVING MONEY. HOPEFULLY THE NEW SCHEDULE WILL FIX IT AND IF IT DOESNT TOO BAD BECAUSE THEY WONT CHANGE IT FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone know if the schedule will be tweaked again the next time around?

example:

TFS off

2 ofcs 6-6
    2 ofcs 7-7
    2 ofcs 8-8

rather then an entire squad all on the same hours?
    It will be tweaked
    The possible addition they looked at and it could be added is a 9-9 shift or 1 430/430 630/630 to help at busy times, it sounds like it could help clear up some calls for those of us who work nights

THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH CLEARING UP CALLS FOR THE NIGHT SHIFT IS THAT MOST OF THE NEW OFFICERS ARE TO BUSY DOING 50S AND DONT HAVE TIME TO ANSWER THIER CALLS OR BACK EACH OTHER UP!

Quote Originally Posted by NYPD BLUE
    THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH CLEARING UP CALLS FOR THE NIGHT SHIFT IS THAT MOST OF THE NEW OFFICERS ARE TO BUSY DOING 50S AND DONT HAVE TIME TO ANSWER THIER CALLS OR BACK EACH OTHER UP!
    Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot.

So what would you guys & gals suggest?

B****, Moan, Complain. But here you have the perfect forum to put ideas out there, so what would you suggest? As long as the town is saving money, 12s will be here to stay. So we have them. Deal with it. Quit dreaming about 10s and start shelling out some constructive suggestions.

For example: How about a larger overlap? Two hours instead of one? Maybe three hours? Some officers come in at 6AM/6PM while others come in at 8AM/8PM?

How about dividing the zones differently? 13 zone is ALWAYS hopping, so why not make that 2 zones instead of one? Same for 11 Zone? How about having an officer at the front desk, this would relieve the calls for 22 Zone, would it not?

Constructive criticism, people! This site is for so much more than ragging on each other and talking about fictional characters!

The problem is that another schedule WAS submitted. The schedule I submitted, covered all the overlap problems that we have now. This schedule was extremely popular with those who looked at it. The schedule was also shown to the chief, who had no problem implementing it, but was talked out of it by one of the captains. The schedules will be forced on us by those who don't work it now or in the future. All we can do is take care of each other out there. Before anyone criticizes this post please have the balls to use your name or ID number.

The remapping of zones is already in the works. Also, we are trying a lengthier overlap. Now let's talk a little Chance. Also, Davie634, quit hiding behind your anonymity. Who the hell are you?

The remapping of zones is already in the works. Also, we are trying a lengthier overlap. Now let's talk a little Chance. Also, Davie634, quit hiding behind your anonymity. Who the hell are you?
    The remapping that pines ended up with is a mess (go to their site or an employee). As for a new schedule, the captains are on a contract and they have to justify their jobs so no change thats good is gonna happen. Now lets all get back to wearing our coast guard rings

As a new Officer I would like to say I enjoy all the days off I get... I take as few calls as possible during my 12 hour shift, as its clear other officers are moer then willing to take the calls for me!!! Subsequently I have more free time to go home, hang out with supervisors and most of
    all visit my boyfriend… wherever he may be! In closing please don’t change anything. This is working out great for me!

P,S. I would also like to say how appreciative I am to have broken the “most days off by someone on probation” award. It was something I have worked hard to accomplish… I’m sure I will destroy next years award for “most days off by someone who does not have a terminal illness” Thank you to all the people who made it possible.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast