10s - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 10s

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire
    I have nothing to do with the person to which you referred. You take shots at someone and don't even hint at your identity. That makes you a coward. Do you see yourself as noble? Righting some injustice that you would be persecuted for attacking? Please. What do you think of yourself? "Hey, I really taught that female cop a lesson. I was able to attack her without her ever knowing who did it." How brave!

I know who you are talking about and I have almost no interaction with her. I also have strong feelings about the watered down product that equal opportunity has created, but I will not resort to anonymous and not all that funny attacks. People like you are what is wrong with this department.

In fifteen years, no member of this department has gotten in a fight with another member. What the hell are you hiding from?

Also, I recognize that your "blurb" is "somewhat false." It's called satire.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. Mr. Holier-than-thou, calm down. First off, YOU are anonymously bashing the poster, with whom you disagree. So, you're just as bad as he/she.

People like him/her are what is wrong with the department?? Sounds like you're doing the same thing, so maybe you need to look in the mirror, if you actually believe what you're writing.

No fights? I can name several in the past 15 years. Like, once when two females almost going to blows in the DB. I can keep going, but I figure one example is enough.

So, think before you post. You are just as bad as "us."

I, too, have had maybe one interaction with the female that they are bashing. But, I hear from reputable sources that she is a huge problem already. Now, I agree with you that bashing her behind her back is stupid and juvenile, but let's face it...what's the difference between posting these messages and just talking crap under your breath when she walks by? Same thing, in my mind. So, unless you're going to say you don't talk about people behind their backs, keep your holier-than-thou crap to yourself and move on....

Yes, I didn't miss the irony that I am posting anonymous posts about bashing someone for anonymous posts. However, I have used this name for a while to discuss things that would not be favorable to the administration. In order to remain consistent, I continued with Voltaire. I certainly didn't remain anonymous to protect myself from the original poster or anyone else involved with this topic. Like I said, this name links me to other controversial topics in past forums.

I don't mutter things under my breath about anyone. I have always gone straight to the person or I keep my mouth shut. I had no idea about two females coming to blows in the DB. However, I have never heard of a serious fight taking place in this department. Although, I may be forgetting something.

As far as the intimidation factor goes, I doubt that the original poster has much to fear in the way of retaliation. My whole point was that under no circumstances is what that person did acceptable. I don't care what kind of piece of crap officer a person is; they still have the right to face their persecutors.

However, since we do have people torpedoing their fellow officers, I'm not going to be an idiot and reveal myself, just to draw the same sort of attacks. In other words, when you guys start putting your name to these things, I promise to reveal myself to you. By the way, my choice of pseudonyms eliminates at least a few people, right?

To the original poster: try to be more like Chance Ransom, would you?

Incidentally, I have nothing against the person that said I was being hypocritical. You were right to point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire
    Yes, I didn't miss the irony that I am posting anonymous posts about bashing someone for anonymous posts. However, I have used this name for a while to discuss things that would not be favorable to the administration. In order to remain consistent, I continued with Voltaire. I certainly didn't remain anonymous to protect myself from the original poster or anyone else involved with this topic. Like I said, this name links me to other controversial topics in past forums.

I don't mutter things under my breath about anyone. I have always gone straight to the person or I keep my mouth shut. I had no idea about two females coming to blows in the DB. However, I have never heard of a serious fight taking place in this department. Although, I may be forgetting something.

As far as the intimidation factor goes, I doubt that the original poster has much to fear in the way of retaliation. My whole point was that under no circumstances is what that person did acceptable. I don't care what kind of piece of crap officer a person is; they still have the right to face their persecutors.

However, since we do have people torpedoing their fellow officers, I'm not going to be an idiot and reveal myself, just to draw the same sort of attacks. In other words, when you guys start putting your name to these things, I promise to reveal myself to you. By the way, my choice of pseudonyms eliminates at least a few people, right?

To the original poster: try to be more like Chance Ransom, would you?

Incidentally, I have nothing against the person that said I was being hypocritical. You were right to point that out.
    Good post Voltaire. These guys don't understand the "thin blue line". Unfortunately, it takes a funeral to bring us together.

i guess the topic shifted as usuual....why are we still on this awful schedule?.....why are alot of us complaining yet the upper level bosses think its great?....to bad we all just cant get along....
    how bout rotating weekends for the newer folks??/

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    i guess the topic shifted as usuual....why are we still on this awful schedule?.....why are alot of us complaining yet the upper level bosses think its great?....to bad we all just cant get along....
    how bout rotating weekends for the newer folks??/
    Because most of the prople who voted for it dont work it...easy $$$$

Because most of the prople who voted for it dont work it...easy $$$$[/quote]

Hey Stupid,

16 people voted against the contract. There are 82 on Road Patrol. So 80% of the people that work the schedule voted for it. Get your facts straight.

yes unfortunately, almost every single one of these posts gets off topic. (i always like a chance ransom reference). but not enough people asked the right questions about that portion of the contract before they voted to ratify it.

most of the senior people, who either dont work the schedule, or are senior enough to not have to work crappy days, didnt care what we worked because of the dramatic increase they recieved through the contract. i honestly dont blame them.

but the thing that none of them really cared about it the "membership"

this piece of crap schedule rotation was written into the contract. so unless we go back to ten hour shifts, we are contractually stuck with this for another 2 1/2 years. great job!

so the officers who work it, and hate it along with the bosses are stuck. fatigue is a reality as are the amount of crashes we are seeing department wide (road patrol) but none of the upper management wants to say there is a direct corrulation (probably spelled wrong) between the two as a cause and effect although there have been countless articles about 12 hour shifts and working more than 3 days in a row affecting officers.

the problem that faces us is not the fact that we do not wish to work this schedule any longer, it is the fact that as long as we are separated by all of the petty crap amongst us and we cannot stand together on any single issue, nothing will ever happen. contrary to what many believe, the membership neither is made up of the "board" nor a select few who actually choose to voice their opinions. the membership is every single person that pays dues. maybe people should have seen that no one on that joke of a board would actually stir the pot since they are mostly supervisors. except for i think our chaplain and ML. everyone else is either on probation or trying to make the next rank or justify their useless positions.

the bottom line is either stand up as a group or nothing will ever change around here because the union isnt going to do anything without being made to do so by all of us. just a sad fact. none of them can grieve anything for us, we have to do it ourselves.

You truly are clueless. It is amazing how people that are on a losing side will try to justify their position anyway they can.

Anyone who says that they were not informed about the contract is either a moron or lives under a rock. The Union made every possible attempt to inform those that wanted to be informed. Meetings were held, posting on the Union board and people available at the vote to explain anything that needed to be explained.

By your post, it is obvious that you are new to the Department and feel that you are entitled to something. Do your time and then you will be able to enjoy the days off you want. If you want a Monday through Friday, 9- 5 job, go work in a bank.

The schedule was written into the contract to protect everyone. The purpose is so that the Administration can come in and change the schedule anyway they want. Go talk to some other Agencies and tell them that your schedule is your contract and see what they say. The ones I have spoken to are usually amazed.

You blame fatigue for the crashes we are having. I bet if we did a study for what day the crashes happen it will not have anything to do with the schedule. Let’s look at reality, cell phones, laptops, writing as you drive, late details those are probably better reasons for the accidents. Be careful what you ask for. If they do research the reasons for these crashes you might find a limit on details or the banning of cell phones. If that happens I guarantee you will be up in arms.

So you’re not happy with your life and you feel you need to attack others. An easy target for you is the Union Board. You blame them for being supervisors. If I recall correctly, anyone that attends meetings could run for a Board position. There were not an overwhelming number of people that chose to run for a position. I think it was only two people per position. We did this democratically and those members were elected by a majority. It is obvious that you are the minority.

I do agree with you about one thing and that is our membership. It is pathetic. We have 158 sworn members in this department. I think 156 are paying members. When was the last time you saw 156 members at a Union meeting? And the excuse that they are intimidated or spoken down to so that is why they do not come to the meetings is garbage. If they continue to lay down, they will never get ahead.

The Facts

Although I am NOT a fan of the current schedule, I would like to address the post about the 12's in the contract. During negotiations that I attended, we were TOLD by the idiots with the town that we WILL be going to a 12 hour shift if we liked it or not. Our only recourse was to bargain for a contract that would at least compensate us well financially for this major change to our lifestyle. The reason that it was put into the contract is because we wanted to keep from having 8's in the contract. If you have read the article you will see that the ONLY schedules we can work is 12's or 10's. This was specifically written to keep us off of 8's, which was the town's first suggestion. Before you make comments about the contract, please read it or have it explained by someone who was actually in negotiations.

if you read my post again, i said i cannot blame the senior members. please read it twice. it doesnt matter how long i have been at the department to formulate an educated opinion as to how things are conducted.

and you saying that people are talked down to at union meetings is garbage, is just that.... a big bag of sh*t. if you attended the meeting before the ratification, that was done, sgts, senior officers and lts were basically calling anyone out right there on the spot. no rank in union meetings my ass!

i really dont give a sh*t what the union says or does because it usually ends up not happening, just like the fact the prior president said at one meeting that we will hold out for what we want, and the very next meeting, not at impasse, he then sold us on the contract.

whatever, i really dont care what or who you think i am bashing. the whole issue of this contract happening or going to impasse, was the 12 hour shifts. i was just saying not alot of people asked about the ramifications of this shift. and that is a fact based on how many people that voted for the 12's now say they hate them, and didnt even realize that the 4-3, 4-4 schedule was even written into the contract. that includes both veterans and rookies alike.

the bottom line is this. our union isnt worth a shit to us because they have no backbone...... which is the membership.

you say i have no clue about what i am talking about. what may be the case is that you have spent so much time away from road patrol, or are so worried about who's ass you will kiss next to get anywhere in our agency, that you are brain washed into thinking that you live and work in a blissful agency and in the meantime, someone sold you a big box of sh*t and told you it was great. go sell your unicorn somewhere else.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast