Tickets to our own - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Find a new job

If you are not going to do your job and respond to the emergencies in this city at the speed that is appropriate because of this policy, then resign now for you do not deserve the badge.

You don't cherry pick which calls you are going to quickly respond to. The urgency is dictated by the people in need, not who they are.

You are a disgrace.

Please post for us who you spoke to at each agency and outline the agencies and what their policies are. I doubt you will be able to do it. Don't cite confidentiality or any other such excuse. It is a public record and is not embarassing information. A policy is a policy.

The proper speed for all calls regardless of type is the speed limit, below in bad weather, using the two second rule spacing when following a vehicle
    , doubled in bad weather, MDC lid down as per policy.

Taking into account the response policy, pursuit policy and this new "treat cops like park mowers" policy, only a fool would ever go X18. I have a wife and kids to pay for and I'm not risking my job or health for anyone.

Yes, yes I'm a disgrace, I should go somewhere else.......Get good evals though, no discipline, pretty happy about most things.....well there must be some reason I have an opinion that differs from the Toadie that posted above.

The poster told you the FOP is handling it....ask them maybe? Do the research yourself?

You keep driving fast all over the place and see what happens when you hit someone and get sued?

One last thing....can we write moving violations to other cruisers for speeding and stuff if they are not x18? I know some easy stats I can get...

Toadie away, you little Igors.

Using the Two-Second Rule

At any speed, you can use the two-second rule to see if you are far enough behind the car in front of you:
    Watch the vehicle ahead pass some fixed point - an overpass, sign, fence corner, or other marker.
    Count off the seconds it takes you to reach the same spot in the road ("one thousand and one, one thousand and two...").
    If you reach the mark before you finish counting, you are following too closely. Slow down and check your following distance again.
    The two-second rule applies to any speed in good weather and road conditions. If road or weather conditions are not good, double your following distance. You should also double your following distance when driving a motor home or towing a trailer.

What

What drugs are you on?

First off, thanks for the teenage driving school lesson on the two second rule. Other than that, I am not sure what you meant in the rest of your post, you sound like a raving lunatic.

Don't come on here and bash our hard working brothers and sisters in the parks department. What did they ever do to you. Get off your high and mightly thrown, we are no better than they are. Our job is different and at times more dangerous but they work hard and don't deserve to be bashed on here by your holy than thou attitude.

As for the proper speed to respond to calls. It is the speed limit unless you are operating in an emergency status. Then state laws authorizes us to exceed the posted limit and legally violate traffic control devices while running lights or siren and operating in a safe manner. In other words do it safely and don't cause a crash. Once again, that is what the public expects and that is what we should expect of our co-workers. There are times when x18 is the right thing to do so shut up and do it. If you are too frightened to run x18 because of your family and losing your job... Find a different career. Even after your second post, you are less qualified to work here than you were yesterday. Oh by the way, If feel so much better you have no discipline. Neither do I. Whoopeee..... That means nothing...........................

For our next driving lesson, could you please explain in great detail the mechanics of who gets to go first at a four way stop when both vehicles arrive at the same time. That one always gets me.

Fool

It's "throne", "holier than thou" and "lights and sirens". The whole issue is soon to be moot from what I am hearing.

To the person I was bantering with: you are clearly a simpleton and I shall waste no more of my valuable time swatting at mental gnats.

Good day sir.....

Thanks

Thank you for the corrections...It is always great when us simpletons can be corrected for our spelling by the almighty know it all.

Thank you for not posting anymore, it will save the rest of us from the frustration of your rants.

I am a little disppointed though, I so was wanting to hear your expert interpretation or shall I say explanation for the four way stop sign dilema. Did I spell that right? I am sure you will let me know if I didn't.

Thanks

Puny Simpleton

Oh by the Way

Sorry, but I had to correct you..

It is lights or siren....

This is from the statutes. Look it up yourself...316.126(3)

(3) Any authorized emergency vehicle, when en route to meet an existing emergency, shall warn all other vehicular traffic along the emergency route by an audible signal, siren, exhaust whistle, or other adequate device or by a visible signal by the use of displayed blue or red lights. While en route to such emergency, the emergency vehicle shall otherwise proceed in a manner consistent with the laws regulating vehicular traffic upon the highways of this state.

I am sure you knew that though and this was only a test. I guess since you won't be posting anymore, we won't get your whitty response.

Thanks again for all the great lessons...

think about it. Why drive fast, when the city will bang you for it? unless an officer is in trouble, please drive the limit. see what happens when a city council persons in trouble or when a creditor is banging down the CM's door. All you rookies can haul as$ where ever you want, but ask some vets where that will get you.

A veteran

Since you said to ask me, I will tell you. Do your job.

If that means driving above the speed limit, do it. If you are too afraid of crashing and getting a ticket.......cry me a river and then get a new job. However, you better get one where you don't drive. Odds are no matter where you work, if you crash and your at fault.... You pretty much get a ticket.....

Next topic....

simple question

Simple question. What does the S.O.P. say about running lights and siren. What has the city found acceptable for responding to a priority call. Hey angry rookie. Look up the s.o.p. and you wont have to speak in relative terms. If you were a senior officer you would already know the answer. I left several years ago and still know the answer to proper speed for priority call dumb ass.

Holy Crap

No wonder your SGTs write Jail Guards speeding ticket for 15 over the limit. You guys eat your own. Nice group to work with.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast