hiring - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: hiring

Oh no, i am not trying to bad mouth the panel, it was kinda of surprising to see them grill me about things though, i felt like a recruit rookie all over again. Sorry if you took it that way. I respect those guys, they seem like they know what they are doing. No hard feelings, trust me.

Maybe i just found it little weird from a cop's view, thats all.

MAN UP NANCY!!!

You will be a rookie all over, dont talk about how you did it here or there because no one really cares and its gonna get you a bad rep. Suck it up, play the game and arrest some scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by REWOB
    You will be a rookie all over, dont talk about how you did it here or there because no one really cares and its gonna get you a bad rep. Suck it up, play the game and arrest some scumbags.
    For t those officers with military background (ground pounders) I have respect. But there’s a lot of little boys in FLPD that were nothing before they had the chance to put a uniform. Now they are walking around like they took part in a Fallujah assault. Please!!!!!!!! When the $hit hits the fan they are the first to run and scream like little girls over the radio for their 94.

The feeling should be mutual as far as respect. Just because you blew or kissed somebody’s ass to get those little mickey mouse stripes and you are now an FTO with 1 year in; does not make you a badass. FLPD FTO’s are ill trained with a Rambo complex. Burger King those not have a SWAT team …..

FTOS

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaUnit/AlmostOut
    Quote Originally Posted by REWOB
    For t those officers with military background (ground pounders) I have respect. But there’s a lot of little boys in FLPD that were nothing before they had the chance to put a uniform. Now they are walking around like they took part in a Fallujah assault. Please!!!!!!!! When the $hit hits the fan they are the first to run and scream like little girls over the radio for their 94.

The feeling should be mutual as far as respect. Just because you blew or kissed somebody’s ass to get those little mickey mouse stripes and you are now an FTO with 1 year in; does not make you a badass. FLPD FTO’s are ill trained with a Rambo complex. Burger King those not have a SWAT team …..
    Many FTO's here are useless bordering preformance plans, this has produced some terrible cops. Some are terrible with stats, they are this as described above. Anyone with 1 year in thats an fto has 2 years of police work else where, Ft Lauderdale PD is not the most violent place to work despite what the people who work here think. Many other depts are less dangerous also of course. However many officers here came from agecies where its very dangerous, you have no backing (less than here) and little or no back up. It comes down to your personal drive to do the job. You are either stopping elderly white females on the way home from church or every dirty car you see, and waiting to hear gun fire and return same. Un fortunately hiring has shifted to people that do not have that drive in many cases, its very apparent. Listen to the 10-50's going to teletype dob W/F 10-6- OF ? 1951 WHAT?. Find a dam criminal let the elderly go. Do not go 15/19 for a publix employee on the way to work with one DL suspension.

You can’t drive to Dist. 2 and not make an arrest for various crimes. Narcotics being on top of course yet, it becomes business as usual for some officers. Just because you’re not stopping 41’s & 21’s in progress does not mean you are not going to do your job busting that Publix employee with a suspended license. The key here is to be a well rounded police officer who can exert his discretion and authority when the time comes or when the situation calls for it.

My time to be swigging it in the street is long gone way back when I was a rookie with brown uniform. Now that I’m down in Indian Land makes me feel like a crusted old fart. FTO’s when I was training were a lot more abusive because the streets in Fort Lauderdale were a lot more dangerous. I can’t say that the quality of training was any better than what it is today but the FTO’s were definitely more qualified. When I went through I had the same FTO for the duration of my field training program. The officers who decided to put on those stripes were more than ready for the challenge. The majority of candidates applying for the job were prior military with the typical mindset of an a$$-kicker. Back then police jobs weren’t as easy to come by with horrible salaries. Today you get the Britney Spears rejects trying to exude some type of super badass complex with every new recruit that hits the streets. I can’t tell you the amount of times when these new Ipod puffy boys have the nerve to tell me how to do my job. Amazing, just less than one year on the job and they can override 20 years in service.

I don’t have 20 but I’ve been here for 10 and I concur with what you said. A lot of these new young cops act like they want shot at American Idol or something. No respect for the senior officers whatsoever.

Its everywhere, Police and Fire. Its the generation of ****y done nothing but know it all. Most still live with mom and dad and have no clue what real life is about. I do agree, when the s&%t hits the fan look who is still with you and go from there. Be safe and tune their asses up! School of hard knocks never fails!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234