Stand Together
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand Together

Stand Together

Career Suicide: To perform an action or partake in an activity that will totally discredit you and nullify any chance of personal advancement.
    Davie Career Suicide: The reason that one gives for allowing his or herself to be taken advantage by the administration.

Examples:

“I would demand comp time, if it wasn’t career suicide.”

“I would refuse the lateral transfer on the grounds that it is unfair, if I wouldn’t be committing career suicide.”

“I would refuse to work a DUI checkpoint for comp time if it were not career suicide.”

“I would go to the Town Council meeting to either demand the removal of the Chief or to support a fellow officer, if it were not career suicide.”

Probation: Subjection of an individual to a period of testing and trial to ascertain fitness (as for a job or school).

Davie Probation: A time of terror for new employees used by the Administration to undermine the collective bargaining agreement.

Examples:

“Hey, you’re on probation. You’ll work for comp time. Won’t you?”

“I’m assuming that since you are on probation, you won’t be putting in for overtime even though you had to stay an hour late.”

“I know you’re on probation, so I would expect you to put in for the “voluntary” AR-15 program.”

“You’re on probation, right? I’m going to just adjust your hours this week.”

Any time that a member works outside of the collective bargaining agreement, they are screwing over every other officer in this Department. The only reason that the department tries to get away with things like unpaid training; forced comp time; transferring members, without giving them a reason; administratively moving detectives without posting the positions; etc. is that they know that someone will step in, and out of personal interest, take the place of the officer who made a stand.

I have never seen this place in such a horrific state of affairs. This is the time for us to stick together. Not go out and cut our own separate deals. Do not accept personal gain by stepping over the bodies of your friends, regardless of what you think of them.

Why don't you just quit ! My kids are more mature than your last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Davie Resident
    Because I have a contract, which I live up to. I am talking about management constantly attempting to violate that contract. Why don't you come work here and see if you like the atmosphere of intimidation that is pervasive in this department?

Quote Originally Posted by Davie Resident
    Great post Capt. Richards

after 17 years of police work one think you learn is that someone will always jump into another persons detail.

Quote Originally Posted by nypd blue
    after 17 years of police work one think you learn is that someone will always jump into another persons detail.
    I know, but does that make it right? I don't mean that no one should ever fill a position that has been vacated by an employee that was removed under negative circumstances, but rather only when the department starts to play their cloak and dagger shennanigans.

The reason that the threat of losing the SWAT team didn't cause anyone to lose any sleep is because they (probably correctly) assumed that other people would fill the slots. They dangle the SWAT carrot in front of a few officers and they rebuild the team. They care more about the gear than they do about who fills it.

Well, what if they don't get volunteers. What if the AR-15's gather rust? What if the SWAT truck sits in the parking lot? What if Davie didn't have a narcotics unit? What if the FTO program was staffed with probationary volunteers?

I don't want any of this to happen, but I do want them to deal with us in good faith. The Union shouldn't have to file a grievance every week. This is getting ridiculous.

Everyone wants to be a hardnosed administrator in this place. Give the orders and don't listen to the griping. George Patton was not a great general because he slapped a soldier and shot a mule. George Patton was a great general who also slapped a soldier and shot a mule.

When ambition and favoritism win the battle over leadership and talent you get the Davie Police Department.

I hope this was slightly more mature for you, you jackass. That was for Davie Resident.[/i]

You my friend need to find another job. You just made me cry. Have you got no clue about anything !!! Go join the military and then complain about conditions.

Nice to have some accountability... Are all these posts that make me cry... from the X vin guys. I've got to go get a tissue or two. I'll be back.. as the great one said.
    Can someone also tell me who said.. What goes around, comes around.

This is one of the best threads I have seen in a long time. One good FTO left the FTO program this week and the rumor is that another good one is getting out as well. Guess they could care less about the catch phrase "career suicide".

Once again! Something positive is done by administration and 3 or 4 people get spanked. Then those 3 or 4 people cry and make like everybody is against this.. Way to go Chief. We love accountability. Things are finally turning around at our PD. No more good ole boy. Do your job right or quit.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast