Clermont doesn't want their officers to do police work

Clermont doesn't want their officers to do police work

Then, on Friday, Diogi (pronounced D-O-G) scored his biggest drug bust to date. He found 3 ounces of cocaine and more than $2,100 in cash inside a car stopped by deputies at Citrus Tower Boulevard and Grand Highway. Michael Gonzalez of Minneola is charged with various offenses including trafficking cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Gonzalez, 21, was the passenger in a car spotted by deputies Friday night because of its dark-tinted windows. Diogi and Lukens circled the outside of the vehicle and the dog indicated the smell of drugs inside.

A search of the car turned up the cash and cocaine, according to reports. Deputies said Gonzalez claimed ownership of the items.

He was booked into the Lake County Jail, where he was being held Monday with bail set at $166,500.

"I knew this would have a positive effect on how policing is done in Minneola," said Mayor David Yeager. "If you're going to deal drugs in Minneola, you need to move on."- From the Orlando Sentinal

And move on they will, right to Clermont. I wonder why.

they'll move right into Clermont, because according to the MAN (the city manager) who runs the city, there is NOT a drug problem, or a crime problem. It amazes me as to why I have never see any type of press releases. Wait a minute, I forgot he does not want the media attention, because then he would have to justify as to why the police department is in the condition that it is in. NO TAKE HOME CARS, NON WORKING COMPUTERS, AND NO EQUIPMENT. So, drug dealers come to Clermont and set up shop, you are sure to make a bundle!

I guess even a blind squirrel gets a nut every now and then.

Maybe you where actually thinking "I guess even a blind nut gets a squirrel every now and then?"