Homeless
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homeless

Homeless

Will you guys ever do anything about this problem? It's getting out of hand, there's a billion of them now.

Once it becomes illegal to be homeless, we will. Until then, shut your whining ass up!

In case you didn't notice you idiot, they are the ones doing all the 26's and 29's in your City. Then again you guys are always on a 12... just the other day I reported a 29 in progress and the first Officer showed up 18 minutes later.

I'm not a PO stupid, I'm a civilian that lives in MB.

Long time PO.
    Hey citizen, I feel your pain, but like the other officer said it is not illegal to be homeless. Also, they are not the ones doing ALL the 29s. Most of the 29s subjects come from across the water, City of Miami, Hialeah, or Opalocka area. Yes the homeless is an eye sore, but most choose to be there. Federal grants were used years back "homeless outreach" where we rounded them up and gave them shelters and the opportunity to better themselves. Maybe 2% did while the others CHOOSE to live that lifestyle. Until you have had contact with most of the homeless from 87st south to government cut and actually corresponded with them, STOP WITH THE NONSENSE ABOUT POLICE DEALING WITH THE HOMELESS. For better or for worse, a smelly dirty bum drinking in public (dip arrest) is no better than mr. lawyer/doctor/etc. drinking in public other than the bum being smelly/dirty.

Excellent post. I must add that the "civilian's" of this country are the one's that have created and constantly cry about this thing called Constitutional rights. This is the same thing that bind officers from properly doing their jobs. If you'd like the Police to start violating these rights just so you can sleep good at night, start a movement you friggin hippie.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    In case you didn't notice you idiot, they are the ones doing all the 26's and 29's in your City. Then again you guys are always on a 12... just the other day I reported a 29 in progress and the first Officer showed up 18 minutes later.
    Are you trying to say that all bums commit crimes? Or are you saying that all crimes are committed by bums?

city po

Move to the city we dont have a homeless problem :wink:

happy mr. citizen? now you are rid of 2 homeless individuals. the one with the bullet in his head, and the other that put the bullet there. so be happy but realize this. when the new officers are brainwashed and praised to make D.I.P. (drinking in public) arrests, it is for the reason of making certain areas (ocean dr. and lumus park) LOOK/APPEAR better. the fact of the matter is MOST people in this area, tourists, professionals, families, students, upstanding citizens, etc, and yes HOMELESS, are doing the same thing, D.I.P. there is only so much one person can take, and i believe what goes around, comes around.
    So Mr. concerned citizen, new Officer, or the usual salty RDA Officer, keep signaling out and arresting the SAME non-eye appealing HOMELESS and turn a blind eye to the PRETTY people doing the SAME thing. It has happened in the past here, and other cities with large populations of crazies and homeless, one day in the unfortunate future, another Police Officer is going to make the ultimate sacrifice by maybe just approaching a fed up crazy homeless. LAST WEEKS SHOOTING IN LUMUS PARK WAS A HOMELESS vs HOMELESS. THAT BULLET COULD OF BEEN MEANT FOR THE NEXT UNIFORM THAT ARRESTS THE SAME HOMELESS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR D.I.P. (sometimes not)!

OK, then just ignore it. Thanks for trying though. Your speech brought a tear to my eye. Hey, lets just ignore anyone that "MAY" be dangerous. That will help also. From now on, never go to any call that may involve any chance of anything ever happening at all. You should never go to any call unless it is a lost teddy bear call. Get dressed for work - careful not to pinch yourself with the zipper, and then huddle in a corner because anything else is too scary. We make DIP arrests because it does make Ocean Dr. and Lumus park better - even if it's just for a few hours. Is it frustrating - yes. It is an excercise in futility - yes. Does it piss you off when they are let out after a few hours - yes. But it is our job to do what needs to be done. Someday the politicians will make the penalties harsher for these quality of life violators. Until then, we owe it to the people we protect to do the job, no matter how nasty it can get. Calling in scared is not an option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast