H.C.S.O.'s Racist Program - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To the "proud black woman":

I am writing this response as a proud Native American man! These statements on the HCSO website are NOT racist in any way, shape, or form. The police are stepping up patrols in the crime ridden areas to protect the people of Hillsborough County. The fact that the higher crime area is in a "black neighborhood" doesn't make the Sheriff's Office racist. They are not targeting criminals based on color rather, they are targeting criminals PERIOD!!! The fact is that there is a lot more crime in the "black" neighborhoods compared to non "black" neighborhoods. Why is it that there are a disproportionate number of "blacks" in prison compared to other races YET the "blacks" only make up approximately 12% of our population? My thought is that there are more "blacks" committing crime and it needs to stop. Get a job, stop complaining that the "blacks" are always discriminated against, and STOP COMMITTING CRIMES! It's really that simple! Like a previous poster said, there are a lot more things in this world that you need to worry about right now. Stop feeling sorry for yourself because you are "black"! Have a nice day!

A copy of this letter was also sent to the Tampa Tribune and St. Pete Times.

Already named?

Quote Originally Posted by prince charming
    How about "preventing crime in the ghetto" ? Maybe that would be a better name for the program.
    I think they already have that program, it's called "CIS".....

:lol:

am writing this response as a proud Native American man!
    Just wondering...are you an Indian?

Just my take with all of the years that I have on I found that the biggest problem with solving crime in the black neighborhoods were those that live there. Many do not trust law enforcement nor are they willing to come forward in order to assist law enforcement. Thus crimes in these areas go unsolved.

You don't want me to judge by the color of one's skin, then do not jusge me by the uniform I wear. The deputies of HCSO will give any victim 110% in given a chance.

Until those in the communities are willing to stand up and say enough is enough those committing the crimes will be in charge.

Yes I am an Indian...but don't say that too loud. You may offend other "Indians" who don't like to be referred as such!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Yes I am an Indian...but don't say that too loud. You may offend other "Indians" who don't like to be referred as such!!!
    Why? Seems that would be something to be proud of, just like i am proud to be Irish and an American.

Why don't you write a letter to the paper criticizing the need for such a program and not the program itself. Ask any criminologist and they will tell you that crime is higher in black neighborhoods. Its no secret that the cops will go where they are needed most, and that's where the crime is the highest. That is why there is a high law enforcement presence in the black community.

You might be proud, but you aren't very smart if you don't understand that.

yeah ok

To the "proud black woman":

I am writing this response as a proud Native American man! These statements on the HCSO website are NOT racist in any way, shape, or form. The police are stepping up patrols in the crime ridden areas to protect the people of Hillsborough County. The fact that the higher crime area is in a "black neighborhood" doesn't make the Sheriff's Office racist. They are not targeting criminals based on color rather, they are targeting criminals PERIOD!!! The fact is that there is a lot more crime in the "black" neighborhoods compared to non "black" neighborhoods. Why is it that there are a disproportionate number of "blacks" in prison compared to other races YET the "blacks" only make up approximately 12% of our population? My thought is that there are more "blacks" committing crime and it needs to stop. Get a job, stop complaining that the "blacks" are always discriminated against, and STOP COMMITTING CRIMES! It's really that simple! Like a previous poster said, there are a lot more things in this world that you need to worry about right now. Stop feeling sorry for yourself because you are "black"! Have a nice day!

A copy of this letter was also sent to the Tampa Tribune and St. Pete Times.
    Ok seriously as a Native American man can you pass as whiite? Are you rez raised? I don't think you are personally based on what you said. I am not suggesting that some of what you said isn't true to some level but on that same note aren't a large percentage of "Native American" men also in prison? And stop looking at just Florida, check out Nebraska, Minnesota, South Dakokta stats there.

Have you taken a look at federal numbers of "ndns" and you should very well know this term if you are what you claim. How many "native americans" do you know with a job? Again if you are rez raised you know darn well it's not that many that hold a job especially the men. Oh yeah and per cap checks don't count. That's a tribal handout and only recently did that entail something besides food shoved in a can that not even a dog would eat.

If you are Ndn you should be figuring that ndn problems and not wonder about the "black" community and their crime stats or their relationship with cops.

I think you might be one who claimed to be Native American once you found out some per cap in the way of cash might be in store for you but I got news for you that that per cap is useless unless you are a Florida Seminole (the ones in OK live in poverty) or a Pequot or an Alaskan native who might get some pipeline cash. If you really are a Native American you would not have called yourself that no ndn would say it without claiming their tribe/nation/band.

Go ask those who live outside of the eastern seaboard how "righteous" ndns are and how many have jobs. Or better yet go out west and find out how "black" you will be considered once you are west of the Mississippi River and find out how ndns and cops live in perfect harmony :P

You're a twinkie and you and I both know it. Quit watching Dances With Wolves is on TV just cuz your hair is dark brown or great grandma was a "Cherokee Princess." Go read Black Elk Speaks and enlighten us all some more. <insert vomit here>

Joe don't listen to that faker

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    Why? Seems that would be something to be proud of, just like i am proud to be Irish and an American.
    Nope Joe that person cannot be proud because they are a "drum roll here" a Twink (he/she knows what it means they have hung around just enough) They can't be proud to be something they are not and only thought to be once they thought some federal funds might roll their way. That poster is full of it and with no connection to Ndn country outside of a past tie or their imagination or they never would have said what they said previously.

The last time anyone "Indian" was ashamed to be so was in the 60's and the twink that posted knows it. So Twink are you Sheridan Murphy by chance or some other person who got the boot from "ndns" for falsifyng your position or charging innocents for ceremony or for maybe you're Windancer trying to get in good with the local cops in the sad hope it may save you from the feds? Or better yet maybe you're the kind with one ndn parent who looks another way and will only claim your lineage but never in person, because all fakers and those who will pass reject those who can't or are too "traditional" aka embarrasing since they won't sell out for a $.

And stop spelling it Indians use the rez spelling like everyone else who carries a CDIB card or name your tribe or nation with the band included. Don't you dare say Cherokee either unless you come up with what band and clan. If you say Sioux then put it in Lakota, Dakota or Nakota along with the band and name all your cousins like every other Lakota would do. If you are a Dine then get back to sheep herrding and stop playing on the net jokes no!!!!!!!!! hahahah

Did I touch a nerve with you my fellow "Indian" brother/sister? Or maybe you are an angry "black" who I made angry with my last post. I prefer to use the correct spelling of the word "Indian" rather than the slang "NDN" as you have put it. I can assure you that I am indeed an "Indian"...not that I really care what you think. I belong to the Six Nations of the Grand River, Lower Mohawk band #4394. Ever since I was a young child, I have been "registered" as an "Indian" and I am damn proud of it. For you to come on here and make assumptions about me without knowing me is irresponsible and rude. You are correct to assume that I did not grow up on the "Rez". Both my father (100% Mohawk blood quantum) and my mother (100% Mohawk blood quantum) grew up on the "Rez" but they wanted a better life for their family so we lived a few miles outside of the "Rez". I graduated high school and received a full scholarship to college. I graduated college and became a Police Officer (something I've always wanted to be). I have always stayed true to my roots and culture and I am proud to say that I am NOT A TWINK. I don't, however, feel sorry for myself because my ancestors were raped and pillaged. That is the problem with our society nowadays. Too many people fall back on their ancestors past injustices and dwell on them until it consumes them with rage and hate. Don't be one of these people. You seem to have a lot of rage inside of you that you shouldn't have. Life is too short brother.....

Re: H.C.S.O.'s Racist Program

I’m calling it like I see it. The H.C.S.O. public website has a link that says “Preventing Crime in the Black Community”. That is a racist statement. It is racist in at least two ways:

1) It implies that the “Black Community” is so crime ridden that deputies will be enforcing laws more there than in non-“Black” communities.
    2) It implies that all non-“Black” communities will not get the same level of protection and service that the “Black Community” will get.

H.C.S.O. is targeting the “Black Community” because of race. It’s in bold print on their own website. I am a proud black woman, and I have made a call to H.C.S.O. to complain about this separate treatment, based upon race. I encourage you as deputies and citizens to do the same. White, Black, Hispanic, Oriental, or other, citizens and deputies of Hillsborough County should not tolerate this. Even if H.C.S.O. did not come up with the name of this program, and even if other agencies are participating in the program, it is still not right. H.C.S.O. needs to have some integrity and say that they will not participate in any program with a racist overtone. If H.C.S.O. wants to target high crime communities, then they should title this program “Preventing Crime in Dangerous Communities,” or something similar. Take race out of it.

Thank You,
    Mrs. Roberts.

P.s. this exact message has been sent to both St. Pete Times, and Tampa Tribune. Maybe one or both of them will print it in the Commentary section.
    IDIOT !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast