Practical ways to save money w/o affecting morale - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Thanks for the civics lesson. I for one feel better.

Bring on the Sheriff's Office, the savior of all of a things good and proper. The Chief law enforcement officer of the land.....A political hack.....with a department run by political law enforcement like no other in the county.....Bigger is better right?

Of course, I know several lawyers that disagree with you. But, then again, 50% of all lawyers are wrong. Please cite the Florida law references that you quoted so that we can examine the circumstances of the cases. You speak well and me thinks you may be on to something, but it would still be distasteful to contract to the SO for SWAT service.
    Just pull the state constitution. The Sheriff is the Chief LEO and he/she is elected by the county residents, some who also reside in the city. The Sheriff is responsible for the city as well. Just as if a Deputy backed you up, and the stuff hit the fan, the Sheriff will assume more liability than the city. Call FDLE, look it up in the constitution, or ask another Sheriff. I'm not saying PCSO is the best, I'm just stating the facts. Be safe and take care.

I'm not saying it would be better for Pinellas Park to contract PCSO for SWAT, I don't know what it's like over there. There are many responsibilities and liability that come with being the Sheriff Chief LEO. Up North, State Police have that responsibility; down here it's the Sheriff. In the end, we are doing the same thankless job. Take care.

We don't give a damn "HOW YOU DO IT UP NORTH"! Tired of hearing that one.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789