Miami Dade cop shot - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Come on Now !!

Quote Originally Posted by B-4-L
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachCop
    Shooter didn't even go to Ward D? Circumstances didn't allow the use of necessary force? Come on!

Brothers in Brown. You guys better revert to some good old fashioned justice or more of you will be getting hurt out there.

The beach is full of sh**birds. But they know what's coming if one of us gets hurt. They know what time it is when they're on the beach. I don't here the same when they run into MDPD.

Not criticizing you guys....just making you brothers aware that word is out that you guys are soft.
    No, we (MDPD) are not soft! If a subject is not armed at the moment we get him; does not pose an immediate threat with some other weapon, and gives up, we cannot use deadly force, or beat the offender to a pulp. If we do, then who are the criminals? Besides, we want to convict the offender and subject that person to the fullest extent of the law. Moreover, resorting to the methods you recommend provides an avenue for defense challenges; we don't want to give one. True, the first instinct is to rip the offender's heart out with your bare hands, but we must control such base emotion and think and act professionally, after all we are not murderers! Still, we who have danced with the Devil, once and lived to serve another day, know that those who talk so forceful, when faced with the chance to do what you recommend, do not! Let us thank the Lord our God that this time, our fellow officer did not die, and will recover and serve another day, should he choose to!
    What the heck is this? The "Liberal Lunch Hour?"

Lesson

MDPD not bashing you but, you do have to send out a messge that you re not to be f'ed with. Within the limits of the law ofcourse can not use deadly force if the perp is not armed, and yes you want to make sure no lines are crossed to make sure that it's a tight case.

But things happen you mistakenly thought that at the point of searching him he made a move to attack you, or he tried to kick you, headbutt you and your instincts kicked in a accidentally smashed the motorola radio to his cranium causing him to collapse, and you were trying to help him up you though he was trying to make a dash for freedom so you had to forcably take him back down on the hard pavement, not grass, never on the grass. If not then you send a message to the bad guys saying that t's okay to do whatever with you because it will not be as bad in the long run.

To Messenger,

Are you even off probation? Why would you come on a public forum and write that?

I don't give a flying 7-4-7 f**k what the "concerned public" thinks, my and/or my 15's safety out there on a 19 comes first and I am damn sure thinking tactics and angles and how NOT to get shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12