Miami police comm cntr - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Miami police comm cntr

Quote Originally Posted by GoRdan86305
    Quote Originally Posted by Never appreciated
    The communications center at the Miami police dept never appreciates its employees. Dispatchers are used and abused and never thanked. It is our job they say, to handle calls the right way or do what we're supposed to do, but when one of us go that extra yard no one notices or even cares.
    I watch programs where they show the efficient way a call was handled by the police when they arrive, but nothing is ever mentioned of the way it was handled as the call came in. The efficiency, kindness and smartness of the person answering the call or dispatching the officers to the scene. It would be nice to get credit when credit's due. But not in Miami.[/quot

Dont feel bad Police department also treat officers the same way. Give them your best and nothing gets said. Make a mistake and off with your head.
    What do you expect you are a civilian employee working in a paramilitary organization. You are not sworn therefore you are not born. Do your job go home and don't worry about the stupid job. The hell with them.

Re: Miami police comm cntr

I worked dispatch for over 25 years. There was never a day that I didn't feel appreciated, from the officers in the field to those I worked with inside. I have a folder full of commendations from my own department and several others (we were a central dispatch for four cities), as well as from civilians who called for service.

But even without the recognition, I knew I was doing a great job. If you're in it for the accolades, you're in the wrong business. It should be your own sense of satisfaction that makes the job worthwhile. I wouldn't take a million dollars for my experiences in dispatch. I loved every single day of it whether we were rocking and rolling from one Code 3 to the next, or yawning through a quiet midnight shift. And believe me, even if your supervisors aren't patting you on the back, the officers out there working the road appreciate a good dispatcher every time. They know you have their lives in your hands, and that they rely on you to take good care of them. Don't get discouraged, just keep on doing a great job and knowing that you made a difference!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12