Poll regarding upcoming 2008 election for SHERIFF - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Well then step up big boy

Quote Originally Posted by been around
    You took my post and took it into a totally different direction...I spoke of the need for alot of exposure and alot of money to run a successful campaign against Dawsy. Move back up here and run for Sheriff or shut up!

Hank hemrick is a qualified and honorable candidate. Go to www.hemrickforsheriff.com and look at the issues he is proposing for his platform. If he has no public exposure (in your opinion) then let's work together and get it for him..same goes for the cash. Let's not get wound up on what a candidate seemingly doesn't have, and get behind him and try to better your lives, and the lives of the taxpayers. Any suggestions posted here will be read and delivered to Hank personally...so please, fire away...

Re-Election

[quote=Work with what you got][quote="been around":4hni2cnu]You took my post and took it into a totally different direction...I spoke of the need for alot of exposure and alot of money to run a successful campaign against Dawsy. Move back up here and run for Sheriff or shut up![/quote]

Hank hemrick is a qualified and honorable candidate. Go to [url="http://www.hemrickforsheriff.com"]www.hemrickforsheriff.com[/url] and look at the issues he is proposing for his platform. If he has no public exposure (in your opinion) then let's work together and get it for him..same goes for the cash. Let's not get wound up on what a candidate seemingly doesn't have, and get behind him and try to better your lives, and the lives of the taxpayers. Any suggestions posted here will be read and delivered to Hank personally...so please, fire away...[/quote:4hni2cnu]

Good point and well said. I'm retired and enjoy fishing & golfing here, we should do a benefit golf outting to support Mr. Hemrick, this way the campaign gets exposure and the word gets out...I believe his site has a place to sign up for volunteers and suggestions also.

www.hemrickforsheriff.com

Grass isn't always greener...

How do you know who is posting these messages on this board. How do you know that Hank isn't posing as someone else to just try to get votes. He's a politian and there is one thing that we know that is true about politians....THEY LIE!!! People always say that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.....well, there's probably a reason for that. No matter who is Sheriff, there's going to be something about that person you don't like. Let's take the president for example, you vote them in because you like their campaign...and do they ever actually change anything....NO!! So why screw up something that is already good. I've read alot of complaints on this board and I think people are getting petty. Do you know how many cops out there don't have jobs because of the economy??? Why can't you just be happy that you have a job, put in your hours, do the work you're asked to do and shut up!!! If you don't like it in this pasture...go somewhere else! No agency is perfect, if it was....everyone would work there! We make good money for our county... who cares what our cars look like or what our patches say...be happy you have a patch on your shoulder and have some appreciation for the command that hired your sorry butt. You say our command is soooo bad....well, I don't see you standing in the Sheriff's office saying it to their face. You're just as two faced as you claim they are! Either man up and say something so everyone can hear it or move on....either way...I hope you never back me up....I might never get the knife out!
    I read on one of these messages that our command will push you out in front of a bus...or they believe others over the deputies... well here's a hint....If you don't treat people like crap...and you're not a dirty cop....THEY DON'T COMPLAIN!!

Re: Grass isn't always greener...

Quote Originally Posted by Happy to go to work!!
    How do you know who is posting these messages on this board. How do you know that Hank isn't posing as someone else to just try to get votes. He's a politian and there is one thing that we know that is true about politians....THEY LIE!!! People always say that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.....well, there's probably a reason for that. No matter who is Sheriff, there's going to be something about that person you don't like. Let's take the president for example, you vote them in because you like their campaign...and do they ever actually change anything....NO!! So why screw up something that is already good. I've read alot of complaints on this board and I think people are getting petty. Do you know how many cops out there don't have jobs because of the economy??? Why can't you just be happy that you have a job, put in your hours, do the work you're asked to do and shut up!!! If you don't like it in this pasture...go somewhere else! No agency is perfect, if it was....everyone would work there! We make good money for our county... who cares what our cars look like or what our patches say...be happy you have a patch on your shoulder and have some appreciation for the command that hired your sorry butt. You say our command is soooo bad....well, I don't see you standing in the Sheriff's office saying it to their face. You're just as two faced as you claim they are! Either man up and say something so everyone can hear it or move on....either way...I hope you never back me up....I might never get the knife out!
    I read on one of these messages that our command will push you out in front of a bus...or they believe others over the deputies... well here's a hint....If you don't treat people like crap...and you're not a dirty cop....THEY DON'T COMPLAIN!!
    Here it is folks in black & white!! :twisted: The above posting is a supervisor/commander or part of administration. Things are VERY well in their shoes on their schedule and their immediate future for retirement. But look at how this person is lashing out towards essentially patrol officers simply speaking our minds to better our selves and future....

What does this mean??? They are intimidated by the FACT Hemrick or someone in the future could disrupt there cushy lives by what happens if DAWSY and this same mentality are pushed out of their seats after election day. Or even worse if by chance collective bargaining was allowed in; God forbid the union comes in and establishes fairness, integrity and more professionalism....or in this case Sheriff Hemrick takes office. Dawsy and his CRONIES like Mr. "Happy to go to Work" :shock: are saying here "SHUT UP" :roll: kinda like disputing disciplinary actions. Sign here or face the consequences, well guess what ass clown!! :P we are people with rights. The Officer Bill Of Rights, the very ones people like you violate and get away with under this adminstration.

Jack asses like "Happy to go to Work" make sure its never greener on the other side. Fact of the matter is I wouldn't back this guy up either especially if he was gettin his you know what handed to him.. :lol: He probably deserves it as a wake up call for talkn trash to his troops and NOT having the spine to stand up for them.

Folks I believe this site has the front office on notice that we want equality, fairness, and a Sheriff that won't JUST LISTEN; one that will DO!!!and support the TROOPS with a voice of reasoning and give us a voice of representation which we are afforded by state legislation/PERC & collective bargaining.

If Jeff and the boys don't FEAR unions or being upset about this coming election then ask yourself:
    WHY are they fighting it?
    WHY are they DENYING your RIGHT to representation?
    WHY is there no COMPENSATORY time?
    WHY do we have to FLIP/FLOP every 28 days and they DON'T???
    WHY is there no STEP payplan?
    WHY are we working 12 hour days when it was proven in a lawsuit to be illegal opposed to 11.5 hours like most other agencies? Because they saw an easy way out, known to us as FLEX instead of straight time or time 1/2 which is unheard of......

Your choice as an American both on paper and on the WEB to Freedom of Speech and to VOTE...

Be intimidated like a PUPPET or DO THE RIGHT THING!

When Dawsy leaves he still has his palacial palace in Pine Ridge/free golf, FREE Tampa Bay Club seating season tix and the fact he's been cashing in on 125k salary+ for last 8years.....POLITICS huh....

Jeff is the BEST POLITICIAN I know, ten times better than that MORON DEAN but all good things comes to an END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Insight's comment

WOW DUDE!!!!
    You couldn't be more wrong!!! I am not a command memeber!! I have worked at this agency for roughly 5 years and I still enjoy my job. I don't want bid shifts or a monday - friday work week. I enjoy the alpha bravo schedule and switching every 28 days doesn't bother me. I push a green and white, and I enjoy working at an agency, that when I see the command, they call me and my family by their first name. I say if you want all this stuff the big agencies have, go to one!! Many people have left this agency thinking it was better elsewhere and then they come grovelling back because they can't make it anywhere else....Is that your problem too? You can't get hired anywhere else, so you're gonna run your mouth and try to turn this family oriented agency into a big city agency.
    This is the truth people. Whoever "Insight" is, apparently screwed up somewhere along the lines, got disciplined and didn't like it. So now, he's gonna lash out at the people who disciplined him!!
    Suck it up, take it like a man....and deal with it.
    Yeah, Dawsy has his palace in Pine Ridge, HE'S EARNED IT!!! He's protected this community longer that most of us have been cops!
    If you want what he has, go earn it!! I could care less about some of his command, They do some screwed up sh*t, but it's because stupid deputies make stupid mistakes and allowed themselves to be treated that way.
    I listen to deputies b*tch and complain about what they don't have and what they aren't getting......But look at their activity!! Most of them won't even get out of their car to check a building in the rain! It's called an opinion man...and this is mine! Have some consideration for those of us that are happy with our agency the way it is and move on and find your benefits elsewhere!!! As always, happy to go to work!!

Re: Insight's comment

Quote Originally Posted by Happy to go to work
    WOW DUDE!!!!
    You couldn't be more wrong!!! I am not a command memeber!! I have worked at this agency for roughly 5 years and I still enjoy my job. I don't want bid shifts or a monday - friday work week. I enjoy the alpha bravo schedule and switching every 28 days doesn't bother me. I push a green and white, and I enjoy working at an agency, that when I see the command, they call me and my family by their first name. I say if you want all this stuff the big agencies have, go to one!! Many people have left this agency thinking it was better elsewhere and then they come grovelling back because they can't make it anywhere else....Is that your problem too? You can't get hired anywhere else, so you're gonna run your mouth and try to turn this family oriented agency into a big city agency.
    This is the truth people. Whoever "Insight" is, apparently screwed up somewhere along the lines, got disciplined and didn't like it. So now, he's gonna lash out at the people who disciplined him!!
    Suck it up, take it like a man....and deal with it.
    Yeah, Dawsy has his palace in Pine Ridge, HE'S EARNED IT!!! He's protected this community longer that most of us have been cops!
    If you want what he has, go earn it!! I could care less about some of his command, They do some screwed up sh*t, but it's because stupid deputies make stupid mistakes and allowed themselves to be treated that way.
    I listen to deputies b*tch and complain about what they don't have and what they aren't getting......But look at their activity!! Most of them won't even get out of their car to check a building in the rain! It's called an opinion man...and this is mine! Have some consideration for those of us that are happy with our agency the way it is and move on and find your benefits elsewhere!!! As always, happy to go to work!!
    One word bro "Scab" when the vote comes around you choose to look the other way because everything is hunky dory in your WORLD according to Dawsy...right?

Insight is exactly that assclown from an LEO on the job actively 11 years with more time attending union meetings than you do making line-ups

So when everyone is facing a 12% raise across the board you reap the bene's like those who worked for it....I know your kind "DO BOY"

Thats why this is a forum there DETECTIVE because you can hide behind your badge and lash out on this site, cause you are to scared to face the staff and address matters or in this case "DO the Right THING" when matters count about your general livelyhood in this career.

I appreciate you 1%'ers and your 1 cent opinions....Gives me something to laugh at daily....When you are facing discipline and it will happen because if it don't you are nothing but a rolling secretary collecting a check, you will learn to appreciate those who fight for representation, fairness, and integrity that doesn't exist with the current regime...

Funny how those who have NO real law enforcement experience and only worked at CCSO are quick to lash out. Amazing cuz dis is all dey know and fear change in command or that there is REALLY room for improvement and equality.

Did Jeff give a new car, computer, cushy little position on the eastside too?

Re: Insight's comment

Hank Hemrick has stated that he intends to audit the departments expenditures, and trim the fat from those areas where the abuses are taking place. That is commendable in my opinion.

As far as I can tell, it is the deputies who are safe, and the upper ranks who should be worried about their cushy jobs, new gas guzzling vehicles & gas cards, and above-the-law mentality--(Marton & others).

Those who are abusing their positions, and you know who you are--will be the ones who go bye-bye.

The deputies are the bread and butter of the CCSO and I truly believe that the citizens love the men & women who put their lives on the line to protect us--It is they who deserve an Employee Bill of Rights. You will be heard, and your resources will not be taken away no matter what the status quo tries to say. The issues of importance during the upcoming election are the out-of-control spending with no accountability, and the "don't ask questions or have an opinion if you want to work for me attitude."

With that said...

It's election year and here is what I see:

NEW QUARTERLY PERIODICAL

Mr. Dawsy has created a quarterly periodical that outlines the "accomplishments" of the CCSO in past years. This periodical's inaugural issue coincidentally appears during an election year. The reality is that this is nothing more than election year propaganda, from a politician who is a master at manipulating what the public thinks, using taxpayer money to fund campaign literature that is disguised as a helpful and pertinent news periodical directly from the sheriff. Everything in the periodical touts the accomplishments of Jeff Dawsy, not the department as a whole. We as Americans, are fed information, and we don't look past the ink on the paper. We just fall in line with the one who makes us feel good now, while sacrificing the American way of life for ourselves and future generations.

HARASSMENT OF CITIZENS

There is an increase in the number of traffic stops that is noticeable to many people out there. I notice it, my neighbor notices it, and if you pay attention--YOU will notice it. Could this be a ploy to pull over as many citizens as possible, and give the vast majority of them warnings? This tactic will be used to gain favor with the voting public, because it makes them "feel good." Awe, I love my sheriff--he is so fair, he doesn't give me a ticket! I view it differently--I view this as harassment, pure and simple. Every day citizens are blind to the tactics that are being used, but they do feel harassed and intimidated--they don't feel secure.

THE BIG BUST!

Let me see if I have this straight...The CCSO has been working on this guy for two years--a guy who was well known to just about everyone in Crystal River as being involved in drugs for at least the past ten years--and so they set up this big operation with four individuals on the list of targets. They bring in the FEDS and have a total of 80 officers collectively, many of whom are dressed in garb that resembles para-military forces, and they only get two of the four targets on the list. The other three (count them--THREE) arrests are collateral arrests. Additionally, the Citrus County Chronicle is enlisted as an extension of the propaganda machine to plaster the news on the front page of the ONLY paper in town. I suppose if I was a power-hungry, ego-maniac, then I would recruit Mr. Mulligan to be my ***** too! Hey what better way to gain favor with the Public than to have the only local newspaper in town, print nothing but favorable information about you. And I wonder...What makes Mr. Mulligan so special in comparison to any other reporter or news organization out there????

2 1/2 HELICOPTERs ARE A FAILURE AND A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY

Roughly a month ago, a storekeeper was shot at the Citgo on Highway 44 near Connell Heights. A short time after there was the hum of the Sheriff's helicopter. They searched the area that night, and then they did the same thing the next morning. As of this posting, there has been no arrest made and so it would seem as though the helicopter proved useless outide of getting the pilot his/her flight time. Other high profile incidents that have involved the use of the helicopter are escapees from the Jail, which is run by the private firm Corrections Corporation of America. None of the escaped convicts that have been captured, have ever been located using the helicopter--they have been captured by good old fashioned police officers. I guess we should keep spending money on the useless nightly military-style patrols in order to maintain peace and security in our sleepy little county. I do not live in fear of crime--I fear the unchecked expansionof and abuse of power, under the guise that you are here to protect me. I fear the police state, which in many ways is already here. Keep federalizing the local police Mr. Dawsy! You are an American too, and YOUR kids will have to live in the society that you are playing a role in creating. Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither~Benjamin Franklin

SUMMARY

Any elected official who utilizes fear in order to expand the reach of government beyond its intended boundaries, should consider this. What are your priorities? Are you sincere in your service to the public, or are you serving your own selfish interests. Do you welcome the opportunity to be held accountable to the citizens who elected you, or do you silence those who question you through intimidation or harassment? Is the lack of transparency regarding your department's expenditures, in conflict with the the idea of open government of the people, by the people, and for the people? Remember what John F. Kennedy (A Democrat) said: "There is little value of ensuring the survival of our nation, if our traditions don't survive with it."

Think For Yourself...Vote your Conscience...Save your Country--Politics is LOCAL!

Out with the abuse of power and the status quo. Bring back the system of checks and balances that you learned about in grade school. It IS what made America great.

To those who serve, I say thank you and be safe. NEVER forget who and what you swore to protect!

Election Day

Primaries are around the corner folks, get the word out its "time for change in '09" It's time to instill more fairness, integrity, and professionalism amongst the ranks and the agency across the board. I've met Hank Hemrick on several occassions now. He is caring, compassionate, attentive to OUR concerns, educated, very qualified and able to get the job done for Citrus County. Hank has resided in Citrus for years and doesn't seem to be driven by political agenda to bost his personal resume like our Sheriff. He has told me personally that Deputies are his primary concern with non-sworn and citizens to follow in that order NOT like our Sheriff now. Hank has advised he looks forward to working with us on a personal level to keep the family atmosphere alive but without the two faced approach that exists. So get the word out and tell your friends, family, neighbors and we look forward to seeing you on election day.

If we stand any chance of fair representation like many other agencies in the great state of FLA we need to vote out the OLD WAY and in with the NEW & Improved ideas that benefit the ones who get the job done!!!!

Just a reminder representation was afforded to LEO's across the state in elected positions back in 2003. Thats 5 years ago people....As many times as the issue has been brought up and shot down by shift reps, its what is known as a CLUE that he fears fairness, and itegrity being instilled which allows there DICTATOR mentality of discipline which we have all witnessed over the years. Its your CHOICE in the upcoming election, DO we KEEP the DICTATOR or GO FOR CHANGE?? :wink:

http://www.hemrickforsheriff.com/

CCSO-DAWSY

MOST OF THE POSTED REMARKS HAVE SOME MERIT. I FOR ONE KNOW WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON AT THE CCSO BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN AROUND AWHILE. TRUTH IS IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE IN LEADERSHIP. THE WORKING (KEY WORD HERE) DEPUTYS NEED BETTER JOB PROTECTION AND TREATMENT. SOME OF THE OLDER SUPERVISORS ARE JUST PLAIN MEAN AND FULL OF THEMSELVES. THE SHERIFF HAS ALLOWED SOME OF THE PRESENT MEMBERS VIOLATE POLICY AND FLORIDA STATE LAW BY UNLAWFUL INVESTIGATIVE TACTICS, DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL, WRECKING COUNTY OWNES VEHICLES AND LEAVING THE SCENE OF SAID CRASH, AND TO ADD INSULT TO IT ALL, OF THESE MENTIONED THEY HAVE NOT ONLY RETAINED THEIR JOS, BUT CURRENTLY HAVE RANK AND OR POSITIONS OF AUTHORITY IN THE COMMAND STRUCTURE. AND AS FOR THE BUDGET, WELL TO GET PAID $90,000.00 TO WALK AROUND A COMFY INDOOR OUT OF THE HOT SUN BUILDING AND REALLY DO NOTHING BUT JUST HAVE A GRAND OLD TIME COLLECTING YOU BIG PAY TREATING THE REGULAR WORKING ROAD DEPUTY LIKE S#*T MUST MAKE YOU COMMANDER TYPES FEEL SPECIAL.
    THE CCSO COULD DO MUCH BETTER WITH A LITTLE LESS TOP HEAVY STAFF AND PAY THE WORKING DEPUTY A DECENT WAGE TO DO THE (REAL) HARD WORK.

We Need a NEW Sheriff in Town

Vote for Hemrick then vote for PBA. You will be glad you did.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast