Poll regarding upcoming 2008 election for SHERIFF - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Poll regarding upcoming 2008 election for SHERIFF

Well I believe Hank has crossed the 1st of the biggest hurdles and did it with astounding grace. Now the family must really pull together and remain diligent in being focused on the mission at hand. The biggest and most important issue at hand was finding qualified candidates to replace Dawsy. Hank Hemrick is the answer; very qualified by experience, 1st hand knowledge of county as a resident who directly invovled in many aspects of the community. He brings a valued and fresh approach with years of experience to the table. He is willing to address each and every valued concern that is ovelooked by the current administration. He agrees we shouldn't be fearful by intimidation that currently exists. He is open to new ideas and values related to current approaches with Community Policing & Affairs, while revamping the current resources available to us and the community without it being a burden on the tax payer. He agrees that there is always room for improvement while maintaining integrity and a family atmosphere from within. Get the word out for Nov. 2008 Hank for Sheriff 2008

Crunch time is here CCSO make sure you are registered to vote by now or its too late on making a difference...

Good luck Hank!

Well to say the least I was shocked saddened and just plain livid. I found out the Florida PBA endorsed Dawsy in the citrus sheriff race. I could not believe a police union that is supposed to be in the business of protecting our law enforcement officers could do such a terrible thing. This has got to be the biggest slap in the face to every decent and hard working dues paying officer in the state of Florida by their own union. I had to try to find out why, how could this have happened? After some research I believe I have this answer. Even though Dawsy will not allow the deputies to join a union for bargaining and basic employee rights, he will allow PBA membership dues to be deducted from the deputies pay! So you can be a PBA member in name only. So it seems here that the PBA is happy with this arrangement since they are assured to get their money every month. I for one am very disappointed in the Florida PBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Slayer Two
    Well to say the least I was shocked saddened and just plain livid. I found out the Florida PBA endorsed Dawsy in the citrus sheriff race. I could not believe a police union that is supposed to be in the business of protecting our law enforcement officers could do such a terrible thing. This has got to be the biggest slap in the face to every decent and hard working dues paying officer in the state of Florida by their own union. I had to try to find out why, how could this have happened? After some research I believe I have this answer. Even though Dawsy will not allow the deputies to join a union for bargaining and basic employee rights, he will allow PBA membership dues to be deducted from the deputies pay! So you can be a PBA member in name only. So it seems here that the PBA is happy with this arrangement since they are assured to get their money every month. I for one am very disappointed in the Florida PBA.

The Florida PBA and it's various local branches are the most corrupt unions in the state. They won't fight for you, they'll take your dues money and when you ask them to help you with a problem they'll tell you some b.s. like "it's not covered in the contract" and back up the sheriff. They're in bed with a whole bunch of sheriff's across the state and their membership is starting to wake up to that fact. You need union protection and you won't get it from the PBA. Join the Fraternal Order of Police, a union with national strength and the power and size to get things done! Don't let Dawsy bully you and run your life anymore!

I'm a life long PBA member in good standing and have to agree with the postings above. I was appauled to see they are backing the incumbent who has no interest in his troops other than to passify them. I guess thats what the PBA is doing passifying their endorsement under the circumstances.

Post Re: Poll regarding upcoming 2008 election for SHERIFF

Bad news. I just learned that Steve Burch is backing Hank Hemrick for sheriff. Yes, it is sad, because he just caused Mr. Hemrick to lose a few hundred votes. The citizens of Crystal River lost their police department because of him and Andy Houston. The Sheiff is doing a great job for us and we need to keep it that way. God help us ALL is Burch is ever put in charge of anything at the sheriff department.

Post Re: Poll regarding upcoming 2008 election for SHERIFF

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen of Two
    Bad news. I just learned that Steve Burch is backing Hank Hemrick for sheriff. Yes, it is sad, because he just caused Mr. Hemrick to lose a few hundred votes. The citizens of Crystal River lost their police department because of him and Andy Houston. The Sheiff is doing a great job for us and we need to keep it that way. God help us ALL is Burch is ever put in charge of anything at the sheriff department.
    Regardless, of who's backing Hank, its going to be a sad day, and another 4 years in the wrong direction if Dawsy :twisted: gets re-elected. Those within are aware and are witheld by scare tactics an intimidation which will reign another term with the current dictatorship.

Lord help us if he the incumbant wins.... :devil:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345