Poll regarding upcoming 2008 election for SHERIFF
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Poll regarding upcoming 2008 election for SHERIFF

Election day is closing fast and its time to POLL our viewers. Currently their are a very few qualified candidates for the position. I have been requested to post this POLL for viewers to enter their feedback or comments or simply place a "yes" or "no" or undecided regarding a needed change in command. Let's face it like the Campaign 2008 for the Presidential elect we are in DIRE need of change. For some with low id numbers things have been status quo for years and could stay that way till they retire. Then there is the rest of the agency who feels it is DEFINITELY time for change. From patrol to civilian things can be and should be approached with a fresh face or ideas that are consistently ignored or given no merit by the current administration. Please take a minute to indicate your voice of change to vote out Dawsy and the current administration along with ideas of interest you would like to see resulting from the upcoming election. For example; schedule change(s) for patrol like four 10 hour days/nights or collective bargaining for improved representation of "RIGHTS" and grievienaces, shift bids, Overtime & Compensatory that doesn't currently exist.

The biggest and most important issue at hand is lack of qualified candidates to replace Dawsy. I understand Hank Hemrick is very qualified and brings a valued and fresh approach with years of experience to the table. He is willing to address each and every valued concern that is ovelooked by the current administration. He agrees we shouldn't walk or talk with fear of intimidation that currently exists. He is open to new ideas and values many of the current approaches to Community Policing, Affairs, Resources but feels they can be improved.

Ideally the many residents in Citrus that are viewers as well should post a response and remain informed on these issues by diligently following this forum.

http://www.hemrickforsheriff.com/

We appreciate your input MOD 349

Poll Response

As a resident I have watched and seen many changes around the county. I've become very concious about what is occuring there at CCSO based on issues I have read in this forum. I have several friends working in patrol who have been learing in discussing topics citizens are not typically priveledged too regarding small politics. Based on this poll I have consulted with my friends with Fire Rescue and the Sheriff's Office and it appears it is time for change.

I will NOT be re-electing Dawsy

new sheriff

See if you can bring in Gee from Hillsborough. He's gonna retire up here anyway I here and with all the crap he's been taking he may be ready. He sticks up for his people and his troops just voted out PBA 3-1 in favor of Sheriff. Look at the new pay plan it'll be about the top anywhere in the state..

Just moved to Terra Vista, retired 19 years NYPD, and long time LEO Affairs member with retired friends in the area. Tell me what you guys need or who you want us to vote for so i can pass the word along.

Re: new sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by retiree
    See if you can bring in Gee from Hillsborough. He's gonna retire up here anyway I here and with all the crap he's been taking he may be ready. He sticks up for his people and his troops just voted out PBA 3-1 in favor of Sheriff. Look at the new pay plan it'll be about the top anywhere in the state..
    From the inside looking out my friend we need HELP!!! Another guy whose going to back the troops isn't the answer because thats what this one has said all along. We need collective bargaining brother!!! Since 2003 legislation has ok'd it for all Sheriff's office representation but North of Orlando it hasn't seem to catch on yet???

The previous attempts to vote them in get swayed at the last minute, amazing what intimidation does in small town atmospheres....

FOP/PBA/IUPA someone HELP US out!!!

Need a huge wave of support...

Whoever is going to challenge Dawsy is going to need alot of cash and alot of public exposure. Hank Hemerick (sp) has neither. Furthermore, when Dawsy steps down it will take alot for someone to get ahead of the "chosen" who shares many of his philosophies....Good luck to whoever that may be. I for one am happy going to work everyday and the commeraderie I have with my squad. Happiness is very much internal...

Re: Need a huge wave of support...

Quote Originally Posted by Been around
    Whoever is going to challenge Dawsy is going to need alot of cash and alot of public exposure. Hank Hemerick (sp) has neither. Furthermore, when Dawsy steps down it will take alot for someone to get ahead of the "chosen" who shares many of his philosophies....Good luck to whoever that may be. I for one am happy going to work everyday and the commeraderie I have with my squad. Happiness is very much internal...
    Well now, if your going to post it, you should at least be able to spell it "camaraderie" NOT commeraderie....Hope you supervisor catches it these mistakes! OOops, I forgot the girls in steno use spell check not the deputies... LOL

Huge wave of support for what? And you say public exposure and money needed, why? If you are aware someone else is running then others are as well. If you know it's TIME FOR CHANGE, then why worry? Get the word out for family and friends as well as citizens. Your future and retirement as well as the betterment of your family is at stake so taking a personal interest to improve your livilihood is a MUST.

There is more to life than just collecting a check and from what I have read here time & time again and will agree with is NOT being just a PUPPET.

By the way Dawsy's philiosphies are for your resume on Monster.com and ice cream stores NOT LEO's. Why anyone even thinks the way he does is beyond me. Dawsy has every citizen of this county FOOLED hence the SMOKING MIRRORS terminology. Why do Lientenants drive Expeditions? Is there something wrong with Crown Vics marked or unmarked?? Expeditions use more fuel, COST more to maintain.....CV's are better on fuel than an Exped., are roomy enough w/o a cage and have a legitimate use or purpose even if they are recycled to another unit later on, plus fleet maintentance has parts and tires for what already exists in the fleet opposed to farming it out or paying dealership fees/parts replacement. Detectives have them assigned to them, patrol does, SRO's/ warrants/ traffic units/judicial....WHY the EXTRA expense on taxpayers??????????

It's about as silly as the DECAL issue; The biggest waist in taxpayer expenses was the fact the 1st updated design was to similar to Hernando's design. So let's design another decal that caters to the visually challenged
    And then there's the upated uniform patch to what is DAWSY unique where all the other SO's around the state have a uniformly recognizable shield and star on the sleeve where we don't. NICE expense on the taxpayer again to re-do the unifrom patches instead of just updating them.

It's time to break up the GOOD 'OL BOY MENTALITY: TIME FOR CHANGE
    Don't want a leader who will support you when get jambed up by citizen complaint or use of control??? Think about that because the FACTS are DAWSY has a proven track record of NOT being there for you unless your one of his PUPPETS.

The writing has been on the wall on now its been posted, so where is your support with the guy you grab lunch now and then with or doing something for your future???

Well then step up big boy

You took my post and took it into a totally different direction...I spoke of the need for alot of exposure and alot of money to run a successful campaign against Dawsy. Move back up here and run for Sheriff or shut up!

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    Whatever you do, don't entertain bringing back that MORON Dean!
    There is life after Law Enforcement.... Until you give in and get back in the cruiser....

Re: Well then step

Quote Originally Posted by been around

You took my post and took it into a totally different direction...I spoke of the need for alot of exposure and alot of money to run a successful campaign against Dawsy. Move back up here and run for Sheriff or shut up!
    Funny, I guess that's what they tried to do by firing him. Seems like it didn't work?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast