Our new reporting system
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Our new reporting system

So I think we all know what the verdict is on this new system. Since we've been LIVE I bet everything ( arrests, citations, self initiated activities, fir, etc) is down 30 to 50 percent.( that might be under estimating it) I know all the CIS people are hurting for FIRs and our stats are not as productive as they once were. Since we are short handed, admitted or not, shouldn't we have a more user friendly system where we can spend less time on the computer and more time on the streets??? If we did, maybe we can hide the fact that we are short officers. I'm willing to bet that it's almost 50/50 as far as time on the street and time spend typing. The millions that the city has spend on this project does not compare to the millions that the city will lose in the production of the department and the pay out of overtime to their short staffed department. We are POLICE OFFICERS not data entry clerks, which is what this new system really is. I have not heard many positive things about this system and even the SUPERUSERS are getting irritated when they have to help the rest of the officers out. Yeah we had training but we didn't add a million items into property that are link to this and linked to that and should be tied to this offense but not to that and the arrested subject is charged with this charge but not with that and this suspect is unknown and should be put in this way but his address is not verified, and ethnicity code is not entered and he's missing a thumb and so on. You get my point??? This is ridiculous. It takes the same amount of time now to enter a citation as it did to do a full report in the old system. Calls are holding even longer now because officers are staying x6 trying to type their report or at least trying to make the SHELL hahaha.....Back when you were down 3 or 5 reports it was not a big deal but now if you are down that much you're looking at a full day of work. what sounds better to you 3 hours for 35 citations or 3 hours for 13????

I understand we'll probably use up the overtime budget within the next two or three months. What about summer time when more sh*t goes on and we have the same amount of officers out there handling an increase amount of calls??? ILEADS is going to be great!!! I bet we are going to loose officers over this reporting system which is crazy. Its ok though once we get the hang of this we'll be fine we'll do things quicker......BS!!! So instead of taking 35 mins to put something in it takes 20 when it took 5 before!!!!! DO THE MATH!!! It's not rocket science Oh yeah, it takes just as long to figure out what the errors are and how to fix it as it took to do the whole report...... wow this is so irritating. OK I'm done venting!!!! :shock:

Ileads

Sooner or later the brass wil have to deal with this system that is so bad. Something has to give. We can not go on with officers 10-6 half the shift working on ileads.

The big hit will be to the Major's pockets. I highly doubt they will be getting their "Low Overtime Bonus" anytime soon. I find that kinda comforting.

Well rook,

I must be one of the few, because I honsestly like the new report writing system. At first, I couldn't stand it, but after I figured it out (I mean, who still knows what a "20N" error means), it is not really bad. My overtime has even cut down. I know it was difficult at first, but I do like it.

Hey Rook, stop crying and do your job.

I agree the new system can be better for simple reports like domestics and traffic arrests, but as for accidents, citations and property collection, the system is horrible.

Just takes some getting used to.

Hey Rook: Congratulations. You just wasted enough time to type an entire incident report whining about a system that you're stuck with either way. If you think about it, that's supposedly enough time for you to type THREE incident reports in pistol! Talk about a lack of productivity... Focus your energy elsewhere - it will be good for you.

And you shouldn't be staying X6 to type in ILeads. That's called dodging calls and you probably did it when we had pistol too.

Dam far cry from our Tandy 100........I miss that old machine

20,000 bytes.... no memory to save things......b&w lcd display.......two lines on the screen was one line in a report.......print and delete to do the next....better of been to those hard a$$ sgts satisfacction or start over....and everything was a written report.....911 hangup, false alarm, barking dog, everything.....

.....Dam I miss my Tandy 100

Why don't you ask around and see what the percentage is of the people that like it and the people that don't. Since you know that we are short on the streets..or maybe you didn't and think we are fully staffed and this new system is great and very productive..... maybe you should take this into account....The bottom line is POLICE OFFICERS belong on the streets handling calls not behind their computers. I became a cop to be on the streets not behind a computer doing data entry stuff. I understand that I will need to do reports and I'm grateful to have a computer to do it on, but I didn't plan on splitting my time 50 / 50 between the streets and computer. They are supposed to make things easier for us with all this new technology not more complicated. The system is not user friendly and a better one could have been used. If you are a boss and had to hire a staff wouldn't production of your staff be important to you? Wouldn't you do whatever it took to make things easier and FASTER??

I've never been a call dodger and never will be! Obviously I'm upset because I want to go out and do more but this new system is slowing me down.

Have you been to an invest where the State Attorney is unable to get a hold of your report because it can not be printed yet??? Have you printed out a report for yourself?? Do you know what a printed report looks like? Do you realize how much extra paper is used to print out your report?? A one paragraph report is like 4 pages....

I'm a pretty fast typer so it doesn't take me long to type away...It's the stupid little boxes and tabs and F2 and F3 buttons that take long to enter stuff in. Oh yeah don't forget to put the ethnicity and residence code in. Make sure the address is verified too. The time it takes me to type this post is faster that entering a Trespass Warning in the NEW system. A better more productive system could have been tested before going with this one.....

Ileads and rook

Hey Rook,

The only ones that think Ileads is good is a handful of people who have been told not to say bad things about it. You are right. Ask around if officers think Ileads is good. More then 95% will not just say it is bad but say it may be the worse thing this department ever did. That says it all in this place. Rook, do no let the five people in this department try and change you mind. Your opinion is just about what eveybody is saying around here.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast