Our new reporting system - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

ILEADS STILL SUCKS

You can spin it, keep having the same person defend it. No matter what, at the end of the day it will stay the same. Ileads sucks and will set this department back. Something this department can not afford.

Rook & 1156:

Rook: If you know how to use it, then how is it not faster? Stop justifying your shortcomings.

1156: Learn to use it. PERIOD

more holes then swiss

Are the handful of you guys who are so pro Ileads smoking crack? How is it slow? How about three times a day when eveybody has to log off becasue yet another flaw has to be fixed (the ones that can.) How about you have to wait minutes several times in the hour it takes to write a simple report just to get to the next page. Then you have to take five minutes to go through a pick list that has 700 state of Florida's with out an address. I could give you over 500 reasons why Ileads sucks. You can keep saying how great it is. The vast majority (95%) in the department from officers to Sgt's to records to the state attorney hate this archaic system. Spin away all you want. We were promised the world with the system and got the Commadore 64 in return.

I'm loving this system more and more. The more I use it the more I love it. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We should just make a master memo with dates left blank so we could just fill in the blanks for why there is more than 8.5 hrs of OT for the week........

Rook:

This post is old. Get over it. You suck.

Hey NoUrNME, This post is old but did you see how many people joined in on this topic??? Obviously it's a hot topic and you suck..Go find somebody to kiss their A** and tell them how great this system is.....

Rook and Ileads

Rook, not much to really say when you are right. So right in fact, that changes are coming with Ileads.

The post may be old, but the system still sucks!!! I hate this new system, but I understand that it is here to stay. So lets fix some of the problems that are fixable. Here are a few that need to be addressed (add to the list as you please):

1) The servers need a vast upgrade. There is no reason why I should wait 30 seconds to 10 minutes for the system to catch up whenever I am inputting data. Not only is it annoying, but it is counter productive and a time waster.

2) Someone needs to go through the names file and clean that mess up. While doing that they need to validate all the addresses already in there. What a a pain in the ass.

3) Concerning the validation of addresses, the system should automatically determine if the address is valid once you type it in and "tab through". I should not have to validate each and every address I use. Another waste of time and a step that should automatically happen. We should get an error if the address is not in the file immediately after tabing it in. Not after I press a button to ask the system if the address is OK.

4) The evidence collection is horrid. Why the hell cant I add the evidence in my report on the street? It makes absolutely no sense! The inputting of evidence is such a hassle. I should be able to input the info in my report on my mdt, then in the basement open the incident and add the locker number and print it out. Done!

5) Does it really matter if you put your unknown suspect in as "2008-000000, Unknown 1" or "2008-000000, Unk 1"? I think not. REJECTION!

6) Crash reports. Nothing else to say on this one. Complete overhaul needed. We need to go back to writing these out, along with tickets, and have the data entry people put all that stuff in. Thats what they get paid to do.

There is a lot more, but it's Easter and I'm hungry.

Ileads sucks

Dude, you have only scratched the surface why is Ileads is so bad. We all could go on for two hours. Some you can fix. Many you can not. I would seriously go back to writing reports by hand then Ileads.

Hey Azazel excellent post and good points. Bean Pole, what sort of changes are coming can you fill us in??

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567