FHP Rapid ID - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FHP Rapid ID

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jeffrey L. Succi
    Can someone explain something to me. Guess I'm too old to understand this!!!!!

The legislature has not funded a pay raise and everyone is rightfully upset. Everyone wants Chargers, tasers, rifles, etc.

We find grant money at no cost to the State to purchase a valuable tool for ALL the troopers to use and to make your job better and all I see is complaints.

At least the agency is looking for ways of getting you new tools. They can't do anything about the money, but they are looking for things for you to be proud to have.

Should we do nothing?????????

Please explain the rationale to the old guy.

Captain Jeffrey L. Succi
    ( 3 - 10 - 1 )
    Capt:

People want to complain about anything and everything. I hate to lose fellow Troopers, but it is tough to deal with some of these complainers. The department sometimes comes up with something that costs nothing and people still complain. The asphalt company is always hiring...if you don't like driving in your air conditioned cruiser during the summer, go lay asphalt. Then you can complain when they give you a better shovel.

Brass has no power over the pay, some people just don't comprehend. I know they are trying their best, but the government doesn't care. I understand that, but I make the best of my situation. I work my OT, I live my life within means, and I still love being a Trooper.

However, if brass can get some free stuff while we are waiting for more pay, that sounds good to me.

You could give some of these Troopers a free diamond, but they would complain it wasn't clear enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Can someone explain something to me. Guess I'm too old to understand this!!!!!

The legislature has not funded a pay raise and everyone is rightfully upset. Everyone wants Chargers, tasers, rifles, etc.

We find grant money at no cost to the State to purchase a valuable tool for ALL the troopers to use and to make your job better and all I see is complaints.

At least the agency is looking for ways of getting you new tools. They can't do anything about the money, but they are looking for things for you to be proud to have.

Should we do nothing?????????

Please explain the rationale to the old guy.

Captain Jeffrey L. Succi
    ( 3 - 10 - 1 )

No offense sir but this topic makes my blood boil. This is a dangerous
    job and I have a degree. To be compensated like we are supervisor's
    of illegal alien farm workers' is unacceptable.
    Boil that blood. I hate to say it, but come on...complaining about free stuff is pointless.

Ladies and gentlemen, the pay sucks! Okay, everyone heard it here first.

The Colonel and Electra know and they try the best they can within the constraints of collective bargaining.

Everyone needs to keep pushing it as hard as they can. If you want to blame FHP for the pay go ahead, but it is a legislative issue and for the bargaining union to handle with our Staff's assisatnce.

Until the legislature comes on board, take the new toys and gadgets and remember it was FHP that got them for you. Our Staff is proactive in looking for new innovative ideas and tools and if there are ways to get them, they will!

Look around and see what other LEO's have and ask yourself, are we really behind the times in equipment? Yes, we are way behind in pay, but not in equipment and the abilities we try everyday to get for you.

Sometimes this is all we can do.

Captain Jeffrey L. Succi

NO IDEA, WIPE THE SHIT FROM YOUR FACE................KISS ARSE

NO IDEA, WIPE THE shizzat FROM YOUR FACE................KISS ARSE
    Well said!

I must say in my 30 years I have never been accused of that, but if that is what you want to believe, so be it.

Captain Jeffrey L. Succi

Some of the people are culeless. These are free toys, bring them on. Anything we can get to make our jobs eaiser out here is a great thing. Keep up the good work tally and keep looking for more toys.

tools

Captain Succi,
    First and foremost, thank you for all that you do in regard to the mdt project and the time that you put in. I do have to take excception that grant money is free money. The fact is that grant money is someones tax money. It does not matter which pocket it comes from, it comes from the same pair of pants. I personally think that the fhp does too much for free. We investigate traffic deaths and we give the reports away for pennies considering what we have put into them. I for one will be grateful for the tools that staff provides. But, it wont be long before staff looks around and asks who will use them.

Well said!

I must say in my 30 years I have never been accused of that, but if that is what you want to believe, so be it.

Captain Jeffrey L. Succi
    Captai,
    That ignorant poster obviously isn't one of us (or any LEO) for that matter. You sir are a class act and in my opinion should be Colonel or Lieutenant Colonel. Thanks for giving it to us straight. I too would like a raise but I know that's not the domain of anybody in FHP or DHSMV. New equipment is and thanks for helping us get it.

Well said!

Captain Jeffrey L. Succi
    Captai,
    That ignorant poster obviously isn't one of us (or any LEO) for that matter. You sir are a class act and in my opinion should be Colonel or Lieutenant Colonel. Thanks for giving it to us straight. I too would like a raise but I know that's not the domain of anybody in FHP or DHSMV. New equipment is and thanks for helping us get it.
    I think whoever posted the comment about needing to wipe their face was not directed to the Captain...it was probably meant towards my comment.

Captain

Never in all my days, would I think it would come to this.

Surely this kind of person can't be a member of the Patrol.

Lets agree to disagree and at least show respect for the other mans opinion. If one can't do that, then they need to get off this group.

Hook up and have at it Smart Arsel, and if you are a member of the Patrol don't let the door hit you in your arsh as you leave...The sooner the better!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast