Department Funding
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Department Funding

Hey your department has brand new cars (Saw in a post on here) and you have all new officers and equipment (Per the posts on here), and now I just heard that all your officers were laid off becuase the city cant afford them?

Is this department being run by business idiots? Buy new cars, buy new equipment, fire certified position for lack of funding? WOW Good thinking there Cheif!

RE: Department Funding

Yeah many people thought Chris Baty was the best thing that ever happened to Zolfo Springs Police. When he cam on board he immediatly changed the patches and uniforms (which has been protocol for ever new cheif their since god knows when), he got rid of all the officers and hire new ones, except this time he gave them full time positions and benefits, (which we all deserve, unless the department cant afford it), then he got computers and caars and great new toys, then guess what, HE SCREWED IT ALL UP AND OVER SPENT!

Chris, your nothing more then a half whit street cop who should have never been running an agency in the first place, go to work at Tractor Supply here in Wachula or Winn Dixie becuase now that you ruined your last chance as a cop the sad part is you will never get hired anywhere else.

Sorry for the good guys who lost their job becuase of Chris's lack of business knowledge, but hey, you can get a new job elsewhere.

One more thing, the city has a councilman named Goere Kneel and just a month ago he was quoted in the paper as saying:

"The police is better then it has ever been, and we have the man in place to be our Cheif, Chris is the man for the job"

Less then month later the HCSO is called in to cover 90% of the shifts becuase all the officers are fired and the city cant afford to operate the PD....The citizens should look at Mr. Kneel and see if he is the right man for the job.

Idiots

Well I guess these idiots that post there comments need to check the facts.
    The PD did not over spend they was under budget last years and this year.
    So I guess WB needs to checks his fact before opening his mouth.
    And as for the chief he done a great job and still does his job so get a life losers.

You Sound Disgruntled

Chief Baty has done a fine job with his department. I have worked with him for years in law enforcement, and he has always been up front. Chris knows how to run that department. There have been promises made by the City Commission that were not kept. The City just recently hired a woman for the Town Manager position who has NO supervisory experience at all. The problem is with the management of teh City not the department. Everything that was purchased by Chris had the permission and endorsement of the City Council. They should keep tabs on the amounts being spent by all of the City, and deny purchases that will put the City in jeopardy. Apparently the first two posts in this discussion were made by individuals who know nothing about how a City works or the people who put all of their time into trying to make a failing City revive. The Sheriff's Office is taking the majority of the calls and reports now, but that is due to the City Commision not coming to the conclusion that they can not revive a town that has no sustainable income. The City does not want to lose it's Charter (if you even know what that is), so they have to keep the Police Department open if only at a part time basis. And in case you didn't know the S.O. isn't the only County agency trying to help. Oh yeah and by the way idiots in the first two posts it's spelled "Chief" not "Cheif", dumbasses.

Yea

You go popo773. Finally someone with great insight. Thanks...
    As for yep-amazing and wow-amazed go back to school and learn how to spell before you open your mouth!!!!!!!!

Re: You Sound Disgruntled

Quote Originally Posted by popo773
    Chief Baty has done a fine job with his department. I have worked with him for years in law enforcement, and he has always been up front. Chris knows how to run that department. There have been promises made by the City Commission that were not kept. The City just recently hired a woman for the Town Manager position who has NO supervisory experience at all. The problem is with the management of teh City not the department. Everything that was purchased by Chris had the permission and endorsement of the City Council. They should keep tabs on the amounts being spent by all of the City, and deny purchases that will put the City in jeopardy. Apparently the first two posts in this discussion were made by individuals who know nothing about how a City works or the people who put all of their time into trying to make a failing City revive. The Sheriff's Office is taking the majority of the calls and reports now, but that is due to the City Commision not coming to the conclusion that they can not revive a town that has no sustainable income. The City does not want to lose it's Charter (if you even know what that is), so they have to keep the Police Department open if only at a part time basis. And in case you didn't know the S.O. isn't the only County agency trying to help. Oh yeah and by the way idiots in the first two posts it's spelled "Chief" not "Cheif", dumbasses.

Well young feller, I might not be the most smartest chap around, but let me say this, if yer fixin to slam someone for spellin, maybe you should check ya own grammer and spelling first. To help ya out I have highlighted some of ya mistakes. We dont make the first letter of most of the words in bold a capitol, we only use the capitol letter to start sentences and on formal names. Oh yeah bud one last thing, the word "the" is THE not "teh".......DUMBASS.

As far as yer comment on the charter, the city aint required to have a police department to keep it, they just have to provide LE services, which they will do in the form of a contract with the SO. Second, the county aint tryin to help out, they, by law, are required to provide LE services to the citizens of Zolfo Springs whether or not the PD is around.

Now not to be rude, but I make the recko-men-dation, that you go back to ya trailer, hang out with the wife and your ugly dog, and watch re-runs of the Andy Griffith show (note the caps on the name), and futher more, try not to act like ya aint Chris defendin himself so hard and maybe next time we will think your really someone else.

As far as the title of yet post, why in the holy h*ll would I be disgruntled about yer department I work a county over and for a PD that serves the people 24 hours a day, without the assistance of Highlands County.

Guest?

When you do your job you don't have to defend yourself.(not yer) (Hillbilly).
    And has for popo773 I can grant you its not Mr. Baty he has to much class to even respond to your comments. So in your case Mr. Guest who wants to be a cop and can't. Go back to your Hillbilly shack and stew alittle. DUMBASS!!!!!!!!

Get a Life

As for popo773 he or she sounds like a real cop. Not a want to be cop like Guest, Yep-amazing and wow-amazed. Popo773 atleast has the balls and class to know the facts before saying things. We are a group of people from the Town of Zolfo Springs and we support our Chief 100%. Unlike you outsiders who just want to run your mouths. Again (not yer)Hillbilly.
    If you were a real cop you would have known short type for your is ur not yer. Big time DUMBASS!!!!!!

To Guest- do you feel better about yourself for correcting others spelling and punctuation? If that is what makes one feel good, i'll give it a try: the word is 'furthermore'; your first 'your' was used correctly, the second one should be 'you're.' You do have a good grasp of when to use the comma, which is nice.

Well, it didn't make me feel better.

Little Lake- you did good and I am glad you ok.

And to Chris Baty and all others from ZS, I wish you well.

Dear Guest,
    Did it ever occur to you that popo773 capitalized the words he did in order to accentuate his point on who's repsonsible for this town's financial shape. I only saw one misspelled word and it was "the". I'm glad you can focus on this and insult someone instead of addressing the facts stated in the post.
    Since you "work" for an agency in another county, why don't you just keep your ignorant comments to yourself? I can only imagine what an outstanding "officer" you must be. I certainly don't hold in high regard an agency that would employee someone who would insult A FELLOW OFFICER the way you did with your white trash comments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast