Let's vote for the guy who will stand up for us! - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

You think Van Camp is qualified to manage a an agency, much less a budget because he ran Crimestoppers for a number of years? Is that really your BEST argument for him? Is that the keystone of his claim to management experience? What other administrative/management training and experience does he have?

I'm not trying to bash the guy, for personally I think he's a great guy and I'm sure he has the best of intentions. But honestly, he hasn't ever managed an agency. Kudos to him for doing a good job with Crimestoppers, but come on, really. As far as I know, the only two guys running that have ran an agency are Hall and Randle.

I like all the guys in the race personally. But I simply don't think you can say that a guy who's never made rank, never managed even a patrol shift, never ran an agency or even been in the top administration in one, can be qualified over all other competition just because he ran Crimestoppers.

guest likes Randles Mustache Ride

Guest, being the Deputy Chief of Gulf Breeze gives randle the power of being a Sgt at a real agency, come on??

ok, he has more supervisor experience, your right, look what he does with it. He puts civilians in patrol cars... that's real bright... he runs massive speed traps and gets gulf breeze on the AAA web site as just such. He RATS out cops for 'speeding' after their Sgt already took care of it, a verbal warning wasn't enough for him.... not to mention what he did in narcotics back in the 80'S??? it made the paper! look it up!!!

Guest, your boy Randle and all his great experience isn't what we need, we need some one that is all for the Deputies and the Citizens of this ever expanding county... spare me the qualifications of Randle, old farts driving marked cruisers, being a rat, and back to the Jerry Brown days of traffic do not excite us over here. Plus, if one didn't know any better, I don't think Randle will even be able to pull the gulf Breeze vote. does he even have signs? i'd save my money if I was him...

Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt it a conflict of interest for the sheriff's wife to be selling nextels to the agency? LB, who should be getting new cars out, is replacing nextels. Its also ironic the SO is no longer using USA digital and went elsewhere, just so happens the sheriff's wife works at the new place. Someone needs to look into this if the sheriff is using his postion for personal gain

That seems to be pretty ballsey of the sheriff. That may be some violation of using his position for personal gain even if his wife is selling the Nextel phones to the sheriff's office. Or better yet for the sheriff's office to use the retail store his wife works for. They quit using USA Digital. We all know he had some influence on that. Even if he didnt he should have said no. Perhaps the PNJ should be made aware of it.

jeff management

Guest.
    I guess Jeff being president of FL crimestoppers, working with the attorney general's office, managing the budget of FL crimestoppers, etc isn't quite enough?
    Fine.
    Then answer this question. Would you rather have a sheriff who will pick people to work with him that are highly qualified and will help fight for the department as a whole or have a sheriff who will pick people to work with him based on their boats or their ability to suck up?

Leadership and experience are about doing things right.

The absolute best managers are people who believe in what they are doing, are willing to lead, and are willing to take the lumps if they are wrong. The best managers also LISTEN to what they are being told and accept that they aren't always right. From what I can see, Jeff is surrounding himself with people that vary in opinions and background but aren't afraid to tell him "NO". And the best part is, the feedback i've gotten, is that Jeff actually listens to them and makes his decisions utilizing that feedback.

If that isn't management, what is?

Well we can start a Randle vs. Van Camp post if you want. My point is Randle has real administrative/management experience. He's a college graduate, almost finished his masters, attended many management courses like the FBI National Academy, florida leadership courses, and others.

You can downplay the size of the gulf breeze PD because its small... sure, it is. But in a smaller agency, much more responsibility and decision making rests upon the shoulders of someone in Randle's shoes. At least he's been in the position to oversee a budget, make decisions based upon said budget, and handle the day to day personnel and management issues as they arise.

Van Camp can surround himself with the brightest people in the world, telling what decisions to make, but if you don't have the common sense to walk and chew gum at the same time, what good does it do you? In that case, I would hope he surroudns himself with as many people to make the decisions for him.

j5, forgive me... but besides heading up crimestoppers, what management, administrative, and budget experience does Jeff have? All I ever hear about is him heading up crimestoppers... but what OTHER experience does he have? doesn't crimestoppers have a civilian oversight board too? I mean, yeah he did a great job at it, i'll give him that. but what OTHER REAL management, administrative, and budget experience does he have? I would like to know...

Major SC and Major WS (jail) were both in the FBi Academy. The are both majors. Neither one knows their left from right, they are not leaders and they are Major suck ups. Randle may have some administrative qualities but what we need is someone who will clean house and get this department back where it was before 2004.

SRSO needs a leader. It is obvious that everyone has their own opinion about who that would be. There are no leadership qualities of the person holding office now. So, it appears to be time for us to rally around someone else. Being a manager is not being a leader. Good leaders surround themselves with good managers, ones that listen-evaluate-decide-act (in that order). It has been so long since anyone has observed that type of leadership at SRSO. Set your petty differences aside and talk about leadership, not management. A goat farmer from D5 would be better a better leader that what we have now.

jeff college

guest.
    jeff is a college grad.
    do research before you do your negative posts.
    as far as the other issues you have?
    ASK HIM.
    His phone number is on his website. My gosh, that is how I started learning and then using google to find out more.
    Every single post of yours denigrates patrol officers as being incapable of management.
    I personally find that to be offensive.

Based on your posts, a patrol officer is incapable of leadership and management? Even with a 4yr degree and 22 yrs experience? President of crimestoppers?

Just want to be sure. I obviously don't agree w/the qualifications.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast