Let's vote for the guy who will stand up for us! - Page 2
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The one major brought over from ECSO was one they WANTED to be RID OF! At least our home grown version has actual road and detective experience, so who's right and who's wrong?
    The one he broght over wasn't a Major at Escambia, he was a Sgt. Hall made him a Major when he hired him.

Well at least ours is full grown so you need to throw yours back and let em get a little bigger or the FWC will get ya!

All these posts are not going to mean anything unless Van Camps gets out there and do his politcal stuff.

My vote is for Van Camp. Hall and is entourage has worn out their welcome. As long as the current admin is there this agecny will never change.

The problem I have with Van Camp being Sheriff is he has never had any supervisor experience. He has never dealt with a budget. How can he be a good leader when he has never lead anyone. I would much rather have someone in office who has been a supervisor at least a Sergeant I would feel better supporting. I can't vote for Van Camp due to his lack of leadership experience.
    He can say he is going to get raises, change the cars..and everything else, but where is the money goingto come from? The county claims they don't have any and want to cut budgets. Where is someone who has never managed a budget going to come in a give raises and new cars.

It is not going to happen and if you believe Van Camp will then it is a sad day.

Dear Voter: The Sheriff does not personally balance the budget; he hires people that are experts to do it. The Sheriff doesn’t have to be a supervisor; he delegates the authority to others to do it. However, the Sheriff is held accountable. Jeff is smart guy, and I’m sure that the person that he appoints in his admin will be people that have the experience. Sheriffs don’t supervise, they appoint supervisors and he is held with his feet to the fire by the public... the real question to ask in this race is "How will the county be better served?"

Being a Major doesn’t give you anymore experience to run a Sheriffs Office than being a Master Deputy. It’s all about the Inner circle and the levels of competence and INTEGRITY that is with-in that circle. Therefore my vote is with Van Camp... The money is there, its called "essential services"... call Tallahassee and ask what that means... the Sheriff gets his budget passed by the BOCC and if they cut his budget, he appeals it, know this, that "essential services" cannot be cut from a budget... if the union has a binding contract with the Sheriff, that gives a step increase in pay then it MUST be funded by the county commisioners... and if they dont, then Tallahassee steps in and makes the BOCC fund it.

Voter, you should look more into who has the intestinal fortitude to stand up for the Deputies and the citizens in this county. Its time to get this county back to where it needs to be.. experience means little to me, having a brain and balls mean so much more than what any Inbred Brain Dead spinless sheriff with "leadership" experience could bring... under your standard ,Ronnie Mac would be the "Best" canidate for the job... he has the experience!!! Look where that got Escambia...

I agree!

I could not have said it better myself DDG. Hall's time is over and it’s time for someone to make some much needed changes in this department and that’s why I will be voting for Jeff Van Camp.

followup on ddg's post

Quick followup on DDG's post.
    Jeff has financial mgmt experience. If I remember correctly, he was president of the FL Crimestoppers back around 2004-2006?
    Managed the budget, worked w/the attorney general and all of that?

One of the constants is that patrol deputies want somebody who understands the day-in-day-out part of the job.. Then people post who complain that a patrol deputy isn't qualified to be sheriff.
    what do you want?
    jeff has management experience, leadership experience, patrol experience (currently doing patrol).

i'd rather have a guy running the shop who knows how things work and then surrounds himself with people who are smart enough to fill in the gaps and also have the backbone to use the word "NO" than a guy who just wants to hear "yes" and just fills slots based on who has the nicest boat.

jeff has my vote because he doesn't want yes-men as his advisers.

I have to agree with J5. The problem we have now is the admin that has no patrol experence or make bonehead decisions. The Impalas are a good example. Space for on deputy is highly restricted but put two in the car (as FTO's/ trainees, etc) the space os so tight and the computers really are laptops. The crown vics have had some serious wrecks in which most of the deputies were able to walk away. Wreck an Impala, especially with two in the car we may see some serious bodily injuries or fatalities. Does LB have to drive on or ride on one everyday? No. I would like to see him do that for 1o plus hours. If the Impalas are so great why don't the Sheriff get one for himself. What about Collier and the other guys? Too big to drive an Impalas or just too special or high up? Jeff wants to change all that.

Jeff has management and leadership experience, I guess when you manage yourself that should count for something...........

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast