Behavior while visiting other states - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Behavior while visiting other states

To all law enforcement officers of the United States.
    If you don't want to get a ticket in Florida or in any other state you visit I suggest
    you follow the following advise.

OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS!!!!

Any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-43
    Quote Originally Posted by CAP
    in the early Eighties Central and Northern Florida State Troopers would sand bag and stop South Florida Troopers in their marked units as they traveled north on the Turnpike to their training facility in Tallahassee, Florida. While most only lectured their fellow officers, other when as far as to write them. If by any chance you happened to be Hispanic, or Black well lets just say thing were a bit uglier, but that’s another story all together.

Thing have improve quite a lot in the last 25 years with FHP. I can speak for the Troopers in South Florida the great majority will extend curtecy to a fellow LEO as long as there is a respectful interaction. Most of the good old boys have retired, by enlarge the new generations has a different mentality. BUT, beware there still some Winners at a FHP.

A few years ago we had a serious incident with a rooky Trooper name Burgos who elected to write two summons to a City of Miami Lieutenant responding to the scene of a traffic accident involving his son a Miami Dade Police Officer. Under those circumstances, I think I would have offered to drive the emotionally distressed Lieutenant to his destination. Due to his lack of experience, perhaps he could have contacted his supervisor for some words of wisdom in resolving the situation at hand. This Trooper detained our Lieutenant over 20 minutes, wrote him two traffic summons and then allowed the Lieutenant to get back into his private vehicle continue his reckless race to get to his son. Now that was very smart! and it really insured the safety of the Lieutenant and/or any other motorist in his way.

Lieutenant Bello arrived at the Trauma Center only to discover that his son Miami Dade Officer Bello had passed away from injuries received in the accident. Needless to say Trooper Burgos is very popular in South Florida for all the wrong reasons.

I have traveled to NY and NJ I have not been stopped for any reason, but I have interacted with officer who after learning that (as you guys say) “ I was on the Job” I got the royal treatment.

Thank you Guys and Galls God bless all of you, and be carfull in the Northern part of our State.
    This Metro Dade Lt was being a racist azzhole and that is the long and short of it. He should be on the porch for conduct unbecoming. That gives all LEO's a black eye. The Lt was all over the news. What a bunch of bullshitz.
    :devil: 8) :devil:
    You must be Burgos, A Hispanic Lt. being a racist with a Hispanic Trooper? Yeah right. What was all over the news, was the trooper acting like an A-hole. He could have had dispatch call the hospital and verify if it was true or not.
    Not all Florida Cops are writing up LEO's, and not all troopers are a-holes. Most troopers are brother/sister cops and use discretion. But the few, color the how all troopers are viewed. And I have used that discretion 3 times with NYPD's finest. Do not let a few, hurt our relations. The bull shitter is the guy who has Bello as a county cop, when he is City of Miami. I am sure the NYPD has it's share of idiots too.
    I di 30 years in south florida. I never ever wrote another cop, or a retired cop or firefighter. Just didn't do it and never let a rookie in my presence do it either. I put several in cabs and parked their cars safely when they should not have been driving while on vaca. Glad to do it.

What makes you think you should get any benefit at all? Because you have a badge? Doesnt work that way anymore you might call it brotherhood the rest of us call it corruption. Your badge does not grant you any extra privileges. Doing 90 you should have been taken to jail. That's what would have happened to a regular citizen. That's what should have happened to you. I got news for you the public is watching and filming you now. Even that free cup of coffee you get from the corner deli in the morning is corruption. Its a new dawn and your days of acting like this are over. You did it to yourselves you had a good thing going and your greed is bringing all to an abrupt end. Quit your crying and pay your ticket like the rest of us do.

I think the younger FHP troopers must be brain washed in the academy. Some are OK but others aren't. Some Florida troopers write cops, some don't. They don't give shit how fast you go when they need backup however.

I was only stopped once by FHP in one of Florida's famous wide spot in the road speed traps where it drops from 55 to 35 for a 1/2 mile. The trooper who was middle aged pulled me and the car in front of me over together. Funny part was I was a deputy and the other car was a retired NYPD officer. The trooper thought it was funny we were both cops. He even walked back to me and showed me the other drivers NYPD retired ID card. I told him some days it's just hard to do business. He agreed and was smiling when he got back in his car and left us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345