Who I want for sheriff in 2008 and why - Page 3
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

During my 12 plus years at the Escambia County Sheriff's Office, I had the pleasure of experiencing several administrations.

I started out under Seely. He was in office only a few months after I started, so I never really got a feel for his way of doing business. He seemed to be fairly well liked by the officers, but he was said to have an issue with nepotism.

Next we had Charlie Johnson. Charlie was a nice guy, but he made the mistake Morgan has and surrounded himself with self serving, power hungry idiots. Charlie had been a FHP Trooper, and a business owner. Had he been given some decent advise and allowed to learn the ropes, he may have done better. As it was, he tried to make the agency into a traffic department and was never close to his troops. Four years and end of story.

Lowman probably brought the department farther along than anyone in recent history. He increased the number of officers, secured some decent raises, and brought in new technology. Letting Shane develop Smart Cop on the County's dime and then licensing it to himself was an interesting move that never got the attention I thought it should have. Lowman lasted two terms, but his second one seemed to be used to advance the careers of certain individuals and he lost touch with the troops. I was also concerned with his close relationship with Ted Ciano and Mike Murphy.

Now we have Ronnie Mac. I left the department right before he took office, so all my opinions are as an Escambia County Citizen. I have seen a gross increase in budget, with no discernable increase in officer presence. From the few Escambia officers I ever have contact with, I see moral and enthusiasm at a very low level. Rudeness abounds and there seems to be an overall feeling of "don't give a damn".

It is time for a change. Morgan may have been a contender if he had not surrounded himself with his current entourage. His "media adviser" is on a personal crusade and his former campaign manager is a nut with an idiot son who was hired and fired twice. I have no idea about Lucas, and with no name recognition, he stands a little chance of winning. Larry is the best choice by far. He has the experience. He has been in corrections, patrol, investigations, and narcotics. He understands the job and mission of the agency. I don't know Larry well, but he coached both of my sons in baseball several years ago. He is intelligent, humble, and approachable. It is my sincere hope Larry can bring pride and community support back to this agency.

Concerned Citizen: You are way too deep into this to appear subtle anymore. You are pushing a very obvious agenda... David Morgan. Nice try but people b.s. us all day... and you are no exception. In fact, your writing style smells like David Craig. Go blog someplace else as you are not wanted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Concerned Citizen: You are way too deep into this to appear subtle anymore. You are pushing a very obvious agenda... David Morgan. Nice try but people b.s. us all day... and you are no exception. In fact, your writing style smells like David Craig. Go blog someplace else as you are not wanted here.

whoever you are, you wrote exactly what I was thinking.

thanks. i smelled a rat too.

12 year vet: Your take is right on every point except for one thing. Shane. He is a friend and I know the following to be true. He did not take any software he made at the ECSO, he took ideas that he came up with on his own. He rewrote the software after he left the SO and that is what he is selling to other agencies. Furthermore, he has never charged ECSO any money (and still we don't use the stuff right like the SRSO does). He even gave the ECSO all the new stuff his company wrote. Although his ideas are, by default, legally his and he could have taken those with him anyway, he had a contract from 1993 with Lowman that said he had the right to his ideas free and clear
    As for investigating him and his company, that was done. A complaint was filed with the SAO and they turned it over to the FDLE in Tallahassee. The complaint was filed in 2000 so even though he won't say by whom, I got a good idea. WearTV got tipped off with the same bad info on the complaint and they even did a story on it before they got the facts. After reviewing the facts, contract, etc., the FDLE and SAO said the complaint was unfounded and that everything was beyond legit. As for his politics, he told me he wants to remain out of politics completely in Escambia. He was knee deep it in 2004. On one hand, I know personally that hung out and rode a bunch with LS in Narcotics and Patrol. On the other hand, he goes to church with the Sheriff so who knows what is going on there. He won't talk and I can't figure it out -- but I have my suspicions.

Thank you for sharing the inside knowledge about Shane. I've only met him a few times, and I'm glad to know the allegations were investigated and found baseless. I don't blame him for keeping his thoughts about the election to himself. This is shaping up to be a nasty year, and many friendships will be strained because of it. I am happy to be able to openly support Larry, as I have no fear of reprisal. For the newer officers; best to keep your heads down and political opinions to yourself. Make your stand in the voting booth and may the best man win. Regardless of who wins, what you do really is not affected. The job you do is governed by the Constitution, State Laws, and County ordinances. Work with your fellow officers to project professionalism and integrity. The moral will go up and the citizens will respect and support you more.

Concerned Citizen what part about: The next event for Larry Scapecchi will be held Saturday, March 22nd at the PBYC (Pensacola Beach Yacht Club) from 11AM- 4PM this is a crawfish boil.
    was hard to understand?

Concerned Citizen you certainly have a lot of interest in when Scapecchi is going to go into high gear and seem to be suggesting that since Morgan has been very vocal about his candidacy the last several months he has more courage than Larry.

Your posts only lacks the required disclaimer for political ads that says something like, “paid for by a supporter of David Morgan”.

Concerned Citizen be patient. When the time is right you’ll hear more and more and see more and more of Scapecchi. Until then, you have been told several times when and where Larry will be on March 22. I look forward to seeing you sitting on the front row with a lot of questions to ask that you want answered. If you’re not there, everyone will know who is the one who is hiding. Be sure to ask him why he is hiding and not discussing his platform and the major issues of the campaign.

Scapecchi is not facing Morgan so it really does not matter when he shifts his campaign in high gear. He is facing Lucas and when he beats Lucas he will be going after McNesby or Morgan. I am sure you will hear more from him then.

Concerned Citizen -- I agree with the posts above. You have an obvious agenda and seem to have gone into hiding since being called out. When I read your posts I can't help but hear David Craig's monotone voice in my mind questioning perps while impartially filming them or trying to enter houses on search warrants with his lights and cameras. Sciuridae.

12 Year Vet -- It does matter in the end who is Sheriff as far as agency effectiveness. The Sheriff can, through policy and force allocation, make or break an agency. This is the case now in Escambia. We are less capable through mismanagement.

Larry and Shane -- If you have been around you know that he hung out with the 3 Larrys that worked in the back. So is he tight with McNesby because they go to church together? There is no love lost between those two. BUT does it matter? Not unless he takes a stand and gives Larry some of that $$$.

<<< VOTE FOR LARRY S >>>

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast