FLPD Chargers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLPD Chargers?

FLPD Chargers?

So I saw a FLPD Charger tonight on Davie Blvd. and it looked great!

Any plans for some more?

THEY GIVE THEM TO NON COPS ! ANOTHER ARM OF THE DOG AND PONY SHOW!

Chargers

The Dept is not going to purchase any more Dodge Chargers due to extensive and expensive maintenence problems. Dodge is also discontinuing the Magnum in 2009. Sorry drug dealers and scumbag bad guys, time to find a new brand of car to use for your dirty deeds!
    Its unfortunate the Charger looks cool and is fast but its not practical for police work (i.e. no trunk space, small interior ect...)

IMO buy some mustangs and challengers :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by DONT WORRY
    THEY GIVE THEM TO NON COPS ! ANOTHER ARM OF THE DOG AND PONY SHOW!
    I didn't realize I was considered a non-cop. As far as the trunk space is works as well as the Crown Vic. I have heard both ways about purchasing more but it's not that bad. the cruise control is nice for the trip home, keeps me out of AVL trouble.

TJ

Yeh, like the Ford CV is a great vehicle. Ford has always made junk cars, we are just so used to them, its the norm. These junk Fords are always going in the shop for something or another. I say give Dodge a chance, its a new model so they need a little time to work the bugs out.

Re: FLPD Chargers?

From the departments that have the Chargers [since 06] all say the Chargers last for about 20K miles before they start having major issues. They need constant expensive and extensive repairs. The Texas DPS and allot of other departments around the country aren't ordering anymore.

The reliability scores just came in yesterday and Chryslers reliability is still in the toilet as usual. Gee what a surprise.

Hopefully Ford will come up with something in the next few years before the Crown Vic is put to sleep.

^
    thanks for posting that info to the whole world!
    :roll:

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

I removed a post that didn't need to be included here. Not that the information probably couldn't be gained else where, but I choose not to have it disclosed here. The less said revealed about some officer safety techniques/items the better.

To paraphrase the post without divulging to much info:

The department is paying for an officer safety feature in the Crown Vics that is not available for the Charger.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Thanx MOD1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast