Telecommunicator Week - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dtto....

Quote Originally Posted by radio2u
    Dtto....
    I think I Love you!

Give some meds to the b$%ch at mso who sounds like she is going to reach trough the radio and strangle you every time you try to do something over the radio. She is the type that gives all the rest of the dispatchers a bad rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Give some meds to the b$%ch at mso who sounds like she is going to reach trough the radio and strangle you every time you try to do something over the radio. She is the type that gives all the rest of the dispatchers a bad rep.
    Which dept is MSO?

Our Fire Department gives us wonderful Fire Department T-Shirts that we are not allowed to wear in our Communications Center or for that matter out in public since we may be confused with one of our Fire Fighters. So we have a nice T-Shirt that can be used as blue toilet paper. Since that's how most of the Dispatchers in my center feel about the Fire Department with there tyrannical behavior and their superior our sh*t don't stink attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by F the FD
    Our Fire Department gives us wonderful Fire Department T-Shirts that we are not allowed to wear in our Communications Center or for that matter out in public since we may be confused with one of our Fire Fighters. So we have a nice T-Shirt that can be used as blue toilet paper. Since that's how most of the Dispatchers in my center feel about the Fire Department with there tyrannical behavior and their superior our sh*t don't stink attitude.
    I understand your frustration with that. I guess you can wear it around the house or something.....we dont even get t shirts...

How We Will Celebrate 911 Week

We will hold a memorial service for our friend and dispatcher who died in 2002. We are making an appearance on TV and writing article about how E911 started, and where we are now and whats in the future. We will have snacks from all the agencies we dispatch for throughout the day. Supervisors will relieve dispatchers for 2 hours on each of the shifts so the workers can go to breakfast, lunch or dinner. Each Dispatcher will also get a new lanyard and a $25.00 dinner gift certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tan & Black
    We try to encourage our comm operators to answer the radio without saying 10-9, hang up the personal phone call, minimize the solitare game, and shove aside the large plate of nachos. We then try to solicit a response without an attitude, give our location the third time, give the tag a second time, and finally, we go and hide some place until the shift is over. Happy Tele Communications Week, or whatever it's called!

We try to encourage our officers to answer the radio without having to call them 3 times, call them by their name, multi-select and tone them out, and send an another officer to their last known location; hang up the personal call that they are conducting with the department issued cell phone causing them to go over the 500 alloted minutes a month; shove themselves away from the lunch room table at the hospital while gorging themselves on free food. We then try to get a response from the officer that is not dripping in disdain and disgust, give us a location that actually is a real address in the city, have to raise you three times to get you to give us that made up location, tell me to 23 on the tag, and finally, go hide at a fire station and unplug your mdt terminal and somehow always the same officers having trouble with their avls towards the end of their shift or towards their 10-10 or 10-40. See people it is a two way street
    Looks like FTW! is back on the board again. I feel your pain.

911 week

Works in a small southern California police department. Where they seem to go out of their way to IGNORE the week even though they have been told about it yearly. Funny is they NEVER fail to recognize Administrators Week when the clerks and such are given gifts and taken to a very nice lunch. Can you imagine how that makes us feel to see this?

If we want attention (we don't) let anyone make the slightest complaint about anything!!

Celibrate yourselves!!!! Have matching T-shirts made, bring in pot luck.
    but Celibrate yourselves, that you do a good job even if no one notices
    print up certificates and give them to each other and maybe juuust maybe
    the light will go on in someone's head or the light will stay off. A few years ago a couple of us had shirts made "How's my dispatching?
    1-800-Kissmyradio"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast