Problems with Central - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

CCSO Dispatchers suck aZZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    thats kinda grouping them all in under one stereotype. kinda like saying all blacks are drug dealers all whites are rednecks

there are good and bad in everygroup of people.

i dont think its fair to generalize about everyone in a certain group.

The biggest problem with this whole dispatcher mess is that the media and others have latched on the the word "dispatcher" and this is where this issue gets sticky. If you read the Internal affairs report (and I have) and you read the paperwork on the entire murder investigation (and I have read that too) what you will find is that at the end of the day the "dispatchers" did not really screw up-- at least not fatally. The critical mistakes were made by the "Call taker" Millie Stepp.

This is where the problem starts: The media latches on to the word "Dispatcher" and starts throwing accusations that the dispatchers dropped the ball. The CCSO brass is skirting by with a technicality with the press by stating that "his dispatchers did not make fatal mistakes" and they did not- he is technically right- but the call taker sure as hell dropped the ball. I think that Davenport is riding on the technical difference between the words "call taker" and "Dispatcher" and the media is too stupid to realize the difference.

There IS the issue that the call takers punishment did not fit the crime. It also bears noting that Millie Stepp has a very spotted personnel file. (yes I read that too) There are many many references to the inability and lack of desire to fulfill her duties. As well as several reprimands. I do not work for CCSO so I can not speak to the competence of your dispatchers. But we need to stop lumping fault into "dispatcher" and set the onus where it deserves to be laid.

THIS POINT FORWARD IS PURE CONJECTURE:

The second problem here is the conspicuous time gap between Jane k's 911 call to CCSO and the point at which NPPD was notified about her call. It was only AFTER Jane K called back to NPPD several times that the information finally came forward from CCSO. This would lead one to believe that there might have been a cover up initiated. (based on time lines in the IA of who knew what and when they knew it). I have heard of no reasonable explanation as of yet for this gap in that time line.

I guess we will have to wait to see if a proper investigation is ever done.

God Bless Rick Goff and Nate Lee for what they have had to go through.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456