Problems with Central - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Holy crap. Boo Hoo, you poor over worked dispatchers. What the hec do you think we do on the street, we make quick decisions that can be life or death decisons. We are in the midle of the crap, all of the time. Stop with the excuses. You are a bunch of lazy, dumb azzes. Go visit officer down.com and let me know how many dispatchers have been killed in the line of duty.[/quote]

First of all, dispatch is far from lazy. It's hard to be lazy when the phones are ringing of the hook. And yes, it is a staffing issue. I can't tell you how many times radio operators are being told to pick up the lines because they're ringing nonstop and calltakers are tied up on other lines. I do think some calltakers need to learn how to put nonpriority calls on hold and pick up other lines but sometimes that isn't enough. And while some are complaining that their operators are picking up the lines, it does also help that some don't call asking specifically for their operators when the calltakers can take the information from them which this has been stressed via email numorous times. It's even harder on fire dispatch when one picks up a medical call and has to give EMD while dispatching that same call. In my opinion, I think some are pushed through training just to have a spot filled. Remedial should only be given once. If you don't pass, find another job. Regular calltaking positions should be brought back and not just one person per squad as it used to be. Who ever heard of only one phone ringing in a dispatch center? We were allotted 10 additional new personnel before Hurricane Charley and we were wayyyy behind then and since then, the call volume has significantly increased. That is the only time, in the 9 years I've worked for CCSO, that we've beefed up the staffing in dispatch and it's barely noticable. You're going to have pissy people to work with in every department. That's not just a dispatch issue. I know I certainly have my bad days but I still love my job and will do my best to help the people on the road. I will still ask you to repeat when I can't understand you, I will still check your status even if you don't find it necessary, and I will get back to you in the quickest time I can providing I don't have several others waiting on something to come back. I'm sorry some of you have so much bitterness towards dispatch. I'm doing the best I can and I'm sorry it's not good enough.

I have to ask: Do you really only have six people in dispatch? Sarasota has five just in FD dispatch. Our minimum staffing is 15 on a Sunday AM. Most other times its 17. We're not that much bigger. Is that # correct?

Staffing

Yes on any given shift day or night it is not uncommon to only have six in dispatch and that includes a supervisor (one fire dispatcher, two LE dispatchers, teletype/calltaker and supervisor). A full squad is nine but that never seems to happen. The minimum staffing used to be five. Imagine working with that number of people and be expected to keep up with radio traffic, answer non-emergency and 911 calls and give EMD instructions. Makes you wonder why anyone would want to work there and why the rest stay.

staffing

YES SSO ....THAT IS CORRECT... WE ONLY HAVE 6 PER SHIFT....BUT OF COURSE WE ARE "LAZY AND STUPID" OUR TOTAL INCLUDES A SUPERVISOR AND THE FIRE DISPATCHER.

Re: staffing

Quote Originally Posted by dispatcher
    YES SSO ....THAT IS CORRECT... WE ONLY HAVE 6 PER SHIFT....BUT OF COURSE WE ARE "LAZY AND STUPID" OUR TOTAL INCLUDES A SUPERVISOR AND THE FIRE DISPATCHER.
    Finally you conceed. You said it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    What A D**k..

What A D**k..
    BTW it's CONCEDE!!!!.... SHITFORBRAINS

we should be able to choose when we go 10-18 we are going to the call not them. The liability should be ours not theirs

why are you all even allowing this thread to continue. Dispatch is not even worth talking about and all they do is try to justify what they do. Get lost dispatch, you are the bottom of the barrel and YOU WORK FOR PATROL and dont forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by sst
    why are you all even allowing this thread to continue. Dispatch is not even worth talking about and all they do is try to justify what they do. Get lost dispatch, you are the bottom of the barrel and YOU WORK FOR PATROL and dont forget it.
    SST must be one of those teeny bopper youngsters who thinks he's a real cop..You have it WRONG sonny boy! CENTRAL is a SUPPORT function..that means without them you don't function PERIOD! Why the shitty attitude towards them anyway? Did you get turned down for a date or something? I can't believe they let people like you carry guns. From what I've seen of you on here you're the lowest type of scum there is. The type who would down another division in your own dept. without the slightest authority or knowledge to even have an inkling of what you are talking about. Why don't you go kick someones dog. I wish names could be used on here 'cause i'd like to know who you really are.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast