Problems with Central - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sst
    Who cares about dispatch, work with what you have, do your job and go to another thread for DISPATCHERS and wine there.
    First of all it's WHINE not WINE.
    Second ,you do not know me or anything about MY JOB.
    Third ,Nice attitude towards your fellow employees.

I suspect by your lack of empathy or understanding that you must think that an LEO certificate makes you better or more important to the overall operation of your department. Don't let your cape get caught in the door of your cruiser.
    This thread was started only as a vehicle of change to the most crucial yet overlooked link in the emergency services here in Charlotte County. YOU should care about dispatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Friend of LEO's
    Who cares about dispatch, work with what you have, do your job and go to another thread for DISPATCHERS and wine there.

I suspect by your lack of empathy or understanding that you must think that an LEO certificate makes you better or more important to the overall operation of your department. Don't let your cape get caught in the door of your cruiser.
    This thread was started only as a vehicle of change to the most crucial yet overlooked link in the emergency services here in Charlotte County. YOU should care about dispatch.
    Dispatch should care about what they do and some dam forsight. You all are a bunch of idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

Dispatch should care about what they do and some dam forsight. You all are a bunch of idiots

I will agree that some up there don't give a rat's ass. The MAJORITY however are dedicated employees who do a good job. I don't understand the hostility toward trying to make things better in there. Obviously you have some deep seeded issues that preclude you from typing in a literate manner and in complete sentences. Try it with some panicky subject on the phone jabbering away while trying to glean important crucial information all while keeping track of a number of units on the radio and what they are needing. The whole point of this thread, which you have so hatefully diverted from, is what is needed in Central to improve the operation that is CRUCIAL to LE, Fire,EMS, Emergency Management, etc. etc.
    READ the suggestions. I can't make you change your mind. I can only illustrate why things go wrong up there. It's NOT the people..it's the SYSTEM!

They can't type because we only require a GED to work here. We are not Tampa PD where you are required to have a degree.

They can't type because we only require a GED to work here. We are not Tampa PD where you are required to have a degree.
    I don't even know what a degree vs. GED has to do with anything. A piece of paper brings very little to emergency services. As far as typing I was referring to the author of the post. There is a typing test as part of the app process. You have plenty of angst towards YOUR dispatchers, what can you suggest to IMPROVE your agency? Try and think SERIOUSLY, don't be a muckraker. Bring something constructive to the thread.

Well maybe bringing the deputies up there will help. Who has signed up for it?

[quote=Friend of LEO's]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Friend of LEO's":4dsdmodx

[/quote:4dsdmodx]

I will agree that some up there don't give a rat's ass. The MAJORITY however are dedicated employees who do a good job. I don't understand the hostility toward trying to make things better in there. Obviously you have some deep seeded issues that preclude you from typing in a literate manner and in complete sentences. Try it with some panicky subject on the phone jabbering away while trying to glean important crucial information all while keeping track of a number of units on the radio and what they are needing. The whole point of this thread, which you have so hatefully diverted from, is what is needed in Central to improve the operation that is CRUCIAL to LE, Fire,EMS, Emergency Management, etc. etc.
    READ the suggestions. I can't make you change your mind. I can only illustrate why things go wrong up there. It's NOT the people..it's the

Its not deep seeded. its the truth. we all have a deep fear of one of us getting hurt because of their ignorance. I think they proved them self right based on the last incident. Need I say more

DISPATCH

It's quite apparent that staffing levels have been overlooked for way too long. Most times you're lucky if there were five people in there now the minimum staffing has been bumped to six - big deal!! Radio operators are still having to answer 911 calls while keeping track of radio traffic. How many times have you been asked to stand by on 911? The radio operator may get lucky and someone else will take the radio or take over giving EMD instructions on a medical call but don't count on it. And how many of you are aware that PGPD transfers ALL of their medical calls to central for dispatching and also for EMD instructions because their dispatchers are not trained and never will be trained in EMD instructions but then why should they when the SO is picking up their slack. Pretty slick of PGPD to pass that off. Yes there are some dispatchers in there that probably should seek other employment because of their nasty attitudes but then you have some that you can count on, who keep track of what is going on and some who even anticipate what you are going to ask next and are on top of what is happening.

And guess what folks? Admin has now made the decision that all dispatchers that aren't cross trained on both radios are going to be given an accelarated training on either LE or the fire radio. That's right, training is scheduled on the fast track to meet some deadline. Dispatchers are going to be trained in half the time to work a radio. Talk about a train wreck about to happen. As previously stated in several posts, don't blame central for staffing levels, training, etc. when THEY are not the ones making the rules. Admin needs to wake up and realize what is really going on or maybe the supervisors in central need to stand up and speak up for the people they are supposed to be supervising. I wonder if anyone in admin has ever asked the dispatchers what does go on in central. Or is admin not wanting to hear anything other than a sugar coated answer in reply or is it that admin just doesn't want to know.

[quote=Friend of LEO's]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Friend of LEO's":3jz7kx44

READ the suggestions. I can't make you change your mind. I can only illustrate why things go wrong up there. It's NOT the people..it's the SYSTEM![/quote:3jz7kx44]

Holy crap. Boo Hoo, you poor over worked dispatchers. What the hec do you think we do on the street, we make quick decisions that can be life or death decisons. We are in the midle of the crap, all of the time. Stop with the excuses. You are a bunch of lazy, dumb azzes. Go visit officer down.com and let me know how many dispatchers have been killed in the line of duty.

[quote=Anonymous]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Friend of LEO's":rlv74xxv

READ the suggestions. I can't make you change your mind. I can only illustrate why things go wrong up there. It's NOT the people..it's the SYSTEM!
    Holy crap. Boo Hoo, you poor over worked dispatchers. What the hec do you think we do on the street, we make quick decisions that can be life or death decisons. We are in the midle of the crap, all of the time. Stop with the excuses. You are a bunch of lazy, dumb azzes. Go visit officer down.com and let me know how many dispatchers have been killed in the line of duty.[/quote:rlv74xxv]

What crap attitudes! This thread is not about comparing the hazards of the job. Okay yes your a HERO! The point is the understaffing. You can't tell me you haven't called in on the radio only to be told to stand by because the radio operator is taking a 911 call. THERE IS THE POINT!! somewhere something will be missed. For a bunch of well educated LEO's you sure need things spelled out. Nobody is whining . Nobody (except you all) is saying one is better than the other THE POINT IS THE BROKEN OUTDATED SYSTEM. Stop being antagonists, where are your suggestions for improvements? I state AGAIN!!!

At least 3 call takers with no other task but taking information and inputing it into the system.
    At least 2 radio operators per district, as well as for Fire, WITH NO PHONES NEAR THEM!
    Supers and Asst Supers who SUPERVISE.
    The recent tragedy clearly illustrates how a lack of personnel affects the transfer of information.
    Please go buy a dictionary. If you are going to call others dumb asses it would be more effective if you could at least spell.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast