Senator
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator

Senator

Ok, Who went 10-50 on the Senator ? :shock:

Regardless of the position a "violator" holds, a ticket is a civil infraction..that's it..big deal!! A senator has the same options that any of her constituents have in taking care of it

Leave it to OUR wonderful administration to blow it out of proportion. Hello, last time I checked we hold the position of LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, which includes enforcing traffic violations....someone might want to get the word to Tallahassee on that one. Do you really think a deputy or trooper would have to give a "report" about why a ticket was written??? I mean come on, look at the ticket, it should be pretty self explanatory!!!

This place never ceases to amaze me!

I do not know the circumstances, but I would think that any officer that would write her a ticket after she identified herself(and I am oh so sure that she did) must have had a good reason to do so.

I guess this is where the new administration in Tallahassee is going ot have to put their actions where their mouth is. I have heard them say on numerous occassions that we do not have to be afraid to do our job. Tehy stated that we are law enforcement officers and that is what they expect us to be and that they WILL back us.

It would be nice, for a change, for the ticketed person(Senator or not) to have to prove themselves. I doubt seriously that an officer just randomly picked out her vehicle out of the thousands that he or she saw that day and decided to do a traffic stop for no reason. Something was wrong, there was some kind of PC or the stop would not have been made.

Good luck to the officer that did their job! Hopefully Tallahassee will back you and you will not have to call in PBA.

Traffic stop

TALLAHASSEE -- A proposal to save money by putting new limits on the highway patrol has been rejected by a joint committee of state lawmakers in Tallahassee.

The Sunset Committee is trying to downsize government and one suggestion was to limit the areas where troopers patrol… leaving county sheriffs to pick up the slack. But Leon County Sheriff Larry Campbell says these are two different groups with very different jobs.

“I don’t put my people out on the interstate because that’s where the Highway Patrol is, out there working traffic primarily,” said Campbell, the past president of the Florida Sheriff’s Association. “The Highway Patrol is not going to get off the interstate and make sure that your house is not being broken into. They’re not going to get out there and keep you from getting raped and murdered.”

Madison County Sheriff and former FHP trooper Pete Bucher told committee members he doesn't have enough deputies to pick up the slack if the FHP curtails its patrols.

“We have other investigations we need to be geared up on,” said Bucher, “so we would just ask that the Florida Highway Patrol be allowed to continue to handle crash investigations on all those highways within the county.”

Bucher wasn't the only law enforcement officer who had a problem with the plan. Every officer who testified said there was no need for the law and the committee agreed. A spokesman for the Association of State Troopers says if there is a shortage, the solution is to hire more troopers and pay them well... not to cut back on their patrols.

Senator Ronda Storms (R-Brandon) still believes there is duplication because she has seen plenty of other cops on the interstate… like the Department of Environmental Protection officer who busted her Sunday on the drive to the capitol.

“I got my ticket from a DEP person, believe it or not,” said Storms as other members of the panel laughed out loud. “That’s what we need to do: stop those DEP people from chasing you down on I-75. More importantly, I didn’t even know you could get a ticket from DEP.”

“You do now,” said committee chairman Kevin Ambler (R-Lutz).

In the end, the Sunset Committee decided not to recommend any new limits on the highways troopers can patrol.

But mobile home inspectors did not fare as well. The committee approved a proposal to get rid of more than a dozen inspectors who are on the state payroll and turn the job over to the feds.

A lobbyist for mobile home owners objected, saying the state inspection system works just fine. But Senator Don Gaetz (R-Niceville) says that’s not the point.

“It’s not just trying to identify a piece of government that’s not twirling smoothly. We have to figure out what to do with about two billion less than the year before. Government is too big. It’s too expensive,” said Gaetz.

And we wonder why we do not get pay raises. A Senator from a very large county in Florida does not know who we are or what we do.

We need someone that does PR work for the agency. Someone that calls the newspapers and tells them about the cases that we are making, what our mission is, what the different divisions do.

We need a PIMP.

Then people would might know who we are. Maybe even the people in Tallahassee.

You mean, like our previous Secretary who called FHP "The Premier Law Enforcement Agency in Florida"
    I guess that we don't count.

Come on guys, lets get real for a second. Authority to do so or not, writing a legislator is always a bad idea. No matter how flagrant their violation, they will win. Let the ego aside and don't try to prove yourself. If you stop a legislator (no, I dont mean every little city comissioner ann d such, but a state legislator), let them go. It will benefit everyone in the long run, and it's just not worth the potential shit that will come down the hill over a moving violation. Criminal offenses, thats a little different, but a speeding senator? Let them go and worry about the other 10,000 people speeding past you, and don't try to make a name for yourself by "catching the big one"

This doesnt just go for DEP, but the other agencies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Come on guys, lets get real for a second. Authority to do so or not, writing a legislator is always a bad idea. No matter how flagrant their violation, they will win. Let the ego aside and don't try to prove yourself. If you stop a legislator (no, I dont mean every little city comissioner ann d such, but a state legislator), let them go. It will benefit everyone in the long run, and it's just not worth the potential shizzat that will come down the hill over a moving violation. Criminal offenses, thats a little different, but a speeding senator? Let them go and worry about the other 10,000 people speeding past you, and don't try to make a name for yourself by "catching the big one"

This doesnt just go for DEP, but the other agencies as well.
    That's assuming the officer knew who he/she was dealing with. No where does it say she identified herself and I still don't know what she looks like.

I will assume that my brother officer did NOT write the ticket to pad his ego, but if that were the reason, then I agree with what you are saying; however, there is no indication he did so.

Wonder if the State Senator tag may be a clue?

Again an assumption, unless you are admitting it was you wrote the good senator and you saw the Senatorial tag on her vehicle.

If so, would you please call "the Hammer" AKA Chief Percy.

Apparently "The Hammer" wants to know why we would dare be enforcing laws on Rt. 75. ....

Very little real road experience plus lots of IAD experience = do the math.

I would hate to be the one who wrote that ticket.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast