IS WGPD HIRING??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IS WGPD HIRING??

OK, I WAS WONDERING IF WGPD IS HIRING RIGHT NOW. I LIVE IN THE AREA AND I KNOW A FEW OFFICERS FROM THERE. I WILL LIKE TO BE PART OF THE DEPT. I'M LEO CERTIFIED AND A FEW YEARS WORKING WITH OCCD. I TRY CALLING THE RECRUITER,BUT HE NEVER RETURNS CALLS..WASSUP WITH THAT??

what is OCCD? who did you leave a message with (Names). why dont you ask your friends that work for winter garden and see if they know if they are hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    what is OCCD? who did you leave a message with (Names). why dont you ask your friends that work for winter garden and see if they know if they are hiring.

Orange County Corrections Division -DUH- If you are from around here, you should know that.

thats funny becase they don't call it occd... duh. so who did you leave a message with there smarty.

WOW..THEY DON'T CALL IT THAT??? OK,33RD,THE JAIL,BOOKING AND RELEASE CENTER??? JAJAJA...
    BUT IN REALITY IT IS CALLED ORANGE COUNTY CORRECTIONS DEPARTMENT. AND I LEFT A MESSAGE TO JASON PEARSON AND HE NEVER REPLIED.....

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    thats funny becase they don't call it occd... duh. so who did you leave a message with there smarty.
    Dumb@$$ - its called cbo or brc. OCCD is the abbreviation used for A LONG TIME... do some research before you make smart ass comebacks.

I have to admit, I am a little embarrassed when I read these posts. They sound like a bunch of high schoolers on a blog. I thought this website was about cops talking and chatting about cop stuff? I cant speak for other agencies on here, but can we keep WGPD's board clean from all of the negativity that fills other agencies' boards. D-Block simply asked if we were hiring, and then a conversation ensues about OCCD and what it means. C'mon yall...everyone knows what OCCD means.

D-Block - Yes we are hiring. And it does not surprise me if a recruiter has not called you back. Why? Becuase they are extremely busy, thats all. We only have two and they stay busy with processing, background checks, and training. If you want to process with WGPD you need to start the process by filling out a pre-screener on our website www.wgpd.com.

Good Luck brother (or sister)[/quote]

Thank you. as far as clearing what OCCD stand for, i do understand that everyone has different names for it. A lot of officers are not aware that is not just one building, anther thing is, is not a "division" because unfortunately we are not a division of the sheriff's and we have not for years.
    Never Settle..is there a way I could make an appointment and meet with Jason P and speak to him before i put in my pre-screener.
    Has Amendment 1 affected WGPD in any way??
    I see alot of postings hating on JH, is sad that other's hate on one's advancement. Thank you for all the information.
    MIGHTY D-BLOCK

Quote Originally Posted by D-BLOCK
    Thank you. as far as clearing what OCCD stand for, i do understand that everyone has different names for it. A lot of officers are not aware that is not just one building, anther thing is, is not a "division" because unfortunately we are not a division of the sheriff's and we have not for years.
    Never Settle..is there a way I could make an appointment and meet with Jason P and speak to him before i put in my pre-screener.
    Has Amendment 1 affected WGPD in any way??
    I see alot of postings hating on JH, is sad that other's hate on one's advancement. Thank you for all the information.
    MIGHTY D-BLOCK
    When I hear haters, I just think of Katt Williams. NUFF SAID! Let em hate!

Anyways, D-Block... Amendment 1 is going to affect every city agency unfortunately. THANKFULLY though, we have had a smart, responsible, and very frugal management team for the city. For years they have saved and not over-spent. I have not seen any hiring freezes yet, which is what I was afraid of. Sure, our "Crystal" water cooler was replaced with a high-tech water fountain....big deal, I drank from the hose as a kid. So, we dont have a Christmas party every year.....big deal, I dont need a holiday to party, thats what they made bars for. Wow, we dont get our Christmas bonus anymore.....well you know what? We finally got a whole boat load of off-duty, so we wont have a problem making up $100 a year. Yup, a raise every year, nice equipment, still hiring, still the highest paid in Central Fla, thats what happens when you work for good people at the top.......Amendment what? The only amendment I know is the FIF!!! THE FIF!

Oh, and as for the apt with JP: All I can say is he is busy busy busy. His e-mail is on the city website; give it a shot, good luck and say your prayers :cry: Better yet, fill out the daggum prescreener and save yourself some time

D-Block,

Just fill out the prescreener. I did mine on a Monday and they called me back by Wednesday. There only two officers that look at them though so be patient. Trust me, this department is worth being patient for. Everything Never Settle is saying is true. I'm glad I made the switch. :twisted:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast