Osceola County

Thread: Osceola County

Osceola County

Any of you guys have any information about Osceola County S.O. I want to relocate to the area. And was told by a friend to apply to Osceola before Orange County. What are the pros and cons of both agencies and do they require you to live in county to have a take home car. Thanks.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

SO Info

You are on the wrong site for Osceola SO Info. You might want to call them or go to their website. If you want to know about Orange County, You do not have to live in Orange County for a take home vehicle. If you do live outside of Orange County, their is a small fee you have to pay. I don't know what their equipment is like, or what you are used to, but coming from a big South Florida agency that has practically nothing, OCSO is top notch. That's just my take.

Re: SO Info

Quote Originally Posted by RedDog
    You are on the wrong site for Osceola SO Info. You might want to call them or go to their website. If you want to know about Orange County, You do not have to live in Orange County for a take home vehicle. If you do live outside of Orange County, their is a small fee you have to pay. I don't know what their equipment is like, or what you are used to, but coming from a big South Florida agency that has practically nothing, OCSO is top notch. That's just my take.

Top Notch????? Since when?

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Guest,
    If you would have CAREFULLY read my post, comparing it to my last agency, this place is top notch. I laugh sometimes at the things I hear people complain about in this place. I agree, things aren't perfect and we do have problems. If your whole career has been here, I can see your valid complaints. I don't knock them.

I was just saying I was at a large agency that values arrest over officer safety, doesn't have Taser cartridges for replacement to its officers, still does most reports by hand, your arrest report is completed and you still have an hour and a half wait to put someone in the jail (that's without any lockdown), after getting your jail number, you, yes you have to turn in the prisoners property at another counter and I can go on forever.

Tell me what the problems are. If you don't think we're to notch, who is? Give me some examples. Let's put it to work in our favor.

If you know where Yeehaw junction is, and don't mind working there, then Osceola is your agency!

Osceola Sheriff's Office

I work for Osceola County, and this being my second agency I can tell you we have got it made. Our pays is good with excellent OT opportunities. We have an excellent sheriff that remembers where he came from. He has surrounded himself with good administrators. We have tremendous growth, and the opportunities for specialized assignments are good. We are in the process of implementing a master deputy program. Promotional opportunities are also good. If your looking for the rural settings, then we have that. If your looking for the busy high crime areas, we have that too. Our take homes are simila r to Orange, you can live out of county up to 15 miles. after that theres a small fee. Good Luck with whatever you decide, but I am sure you would be happy with Osceola.

Unregistered

Osceola PAT

Shameless Bump:

Can anyone elaborate on the hiring process of a sponsored deputy position. What PAT does Osceola use to get in to the academy? Is it the obstacle course or Cooper test?

About how long is the hiring process?

Is there plenty of OT / details ? I’d be taking a pay cut transplanting from Rhode Island

Unregistered

pay sclae / over time

anyone have any idea what the earning potential is with this agency? looks like top step is around 60,000. Is there over time and details readily available?

Unregistered
    Details are there and OT is limited but you can get some. Your not going to be making $80 -100k that’s for sure. You want that kinda money or more goto Tampa PD or Miami.

Unregistered

Why members hate PBA and support IUPA

This story involves Broward PBA but as we have seen it doesn’t Matter whether it Miami Dade, Broward, or any other county within the state, the PBA is still the same organization with sub sections.

As we know, PBA was kicked out of BSO and then made a run after them again, only to lose even worse than when they first jumped ship. Well, ever since, the PBA has tried to mettle in their affairs anyway.
    Specifically, with Sheriff Tony. The PBA has openly praised and supported Tony even though the troops are with IUPA and dislike him. In fact, the IUPA President Jeff Bell initially paid a price for defending his members but he will win out in the end. Nonetheless, it was a price he was willing to make.
    Since then, IUPA has done extensive research and found out that Tony, while a juvenile in Philadelphia, killed another with a firearm. Tony never disclosed this when he applied to Coral Springs PD nor to Governor DeSantis. Tony also had issues with writing bad checks. And, most recently it was discovered that he was photographed, with his wife, at Bliss swingers Club.
    The moral of that story is don’t mess with IUPA.

Then the PBA has endorsed a Josh Rydell for State Attorney. Don’t know much about the guy but Rydell has been posting his great desire to indict police officers. Other candidates for SA have been pro-police, including a guy named Rossman, who is related to a long line of distinguished cop family from MDPD, but PBA chose the anti-police candidate just the same.

Members are in an uproar over these crazy unexplainable decisions. Remember, we began with, the story related here is in Broward County. But, the same can be said about any other county within the state. And, that’s why members are looking to Leave the PBA in record numbers and are choosing IUPA, or in some smaller cases FOP. Bottom line is they want out from the PBA.

Stay safe brothers and sisters. Take care of one another and support pro-cop politicians over all others, and pro-cop unions, like IUPA, over all others.