How many have left from SPD to Miami Gardens? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ready to go
    officer lorenzo carbello
    CURBELO WENT TO PEMBROKE PINES AND GONZALEZ WENT TO DORAL, BOTH OF THESE GUYS MADE A SMART MOVE.

GOOD LUCK GUYS AT YOUR NEW DEPARTMENTS.

I dont know why anyone works for Seminole. No retirement. Thats crazy. 401K? for cops....come on know. The amount of money the tribe makes and you guys cant get a good pension? Why work there. Is it true that place is a second chance agency hiring people who didnt make it elsewhere?

That's not true. There are some good officers at Seminole, the management is just screwed up. Most who came to work for Seminole did so after being promised FRS which has yet to be realized. I also hear that Seminole is only paying the state rate for college tuition. So I guess the only thing they have going is money, but possibly at the cost of working until you're dead becuase there is no retirement. And for those who say just increase your 401k, how far will a million dollars take you in the year 2027?

Quote Originally Posted by guestsol
    That's not true. There are some good officers at Seminole, the management is just screwed up. Most who came to work for Seminole did so after being promised FRS which has yet to be realized. I also hear that Seminole is only paying the state rate for college tuition. So I guess the only thing they have going is money, but possibly at the cost of working until you're dead becuase there is no retirement. And for those who say just increase your 401k, how far will a million dollars take you in the year 2027?
    And how far will 80 % of 75k take you. Why do you think we have so many retirees working for us?

Shame on you for taking a job based on a promise, if it's not on paper it does not exist.

retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Duuke
    And how far will 80 % of 75k take you. Why do you think we have so many retirees working for us?

Shame on you for taking a job based on a promise, if it's not on paper it does not exist.
    I remember the FRS was being planned and the tribe turned it down. They wanted a better plan than the state, which was a good thing. A new chief took over and nothing was done. I haven't heard anything thing since, only that they are working on it. The administration is not pushing it, they can not or are afraid to talk to the council.

The point I was making is that retirement plans such as FRS or similar pays until the day you die and sometimes beyond, whereas a 401k decreases as you use the money. As far as taking a job on promise, I never did. That's why I stated MOST officers.

The point I was making is that retirement plans such as FRS or similar pays until the day you die and sometimes beyond, whereas a 401k decreases as you use the money. As far as taking a job on promise, I never did. That's why I stated MOST officers.
    I dont know,,,, 80% percent of something is a lot better than a 100% of nothing,,, and that is pretty much what we got so far

Then pack up and leave (if you can). Your problem is that the only thing you contribute to your 401(K) is the 5% the Tribe gives you. You have sat around for 3-5 years and waited for a pension and made no effort to save yourself. Realize that at other places with private pensions you contribute between 8-15 %. If you would have been putting that into your 401(k) for the past 3-5 years you would see that you can achieve financial stability in 20-25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by suze orman
    Then pack up and leave (if you can). Your problem is that the only thing you contribute to your 401(K) is the 5% the Tribe gives you. You have sat around for 3-5 years and waited for a pension and made no effort to save yourself. Realize that at other places with private pensions you contribute between 8-15 %. If you would have been putting that into your 401(k) for the past 3-5 years you would see that you can achieve financial stability in 20-25 years.
    Until you piss off the wrong Indian. 401k is what you get working for Walmart, not as a Police Officer stop lying to yourself.
    This place is just a stepping stone for the good officers that are smart enough to leave before they get Jammed up and go to "Real Departments" and a home for the ones that won't make it anywhere else, you know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by SPD
    Quote Originally Posted by suze orman
    Until you piss off the wrong Indian. 401k is what you get working for Walmart, not as a Police Officer stop lying to yourself.
    This place is just a stepping stone for the good officers that are smart enough to leave before they get Jammed up and go to "Real Departments" and a home for the ones that won't make it anywhere else, you know who you are.
    well said.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast