MDPD Hiring Out-of-State officers?

MDPD Hiring Out-of-State officers?

Questions from a prospective transplant from out of state agency...

Does MDPD even allow lateral hires from out of state police agencies? If so, how long is the transition training period?

How is MDPD's equipment, weapons policy,vehicle take home policy, compared to other counties? What is the patrol work schedule? Is the pay comensurate with the counties to the north?

Does MDPD cover any of the Miami metropolitan area? or is it tasked primarily with western suburbs and inland ghettos (as insinuated in many posts on this board) In other words, does MDPD contribute to crime suppression in the city of Miami as well? or is it just the border areas?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, but I am pretty "in the dark" as far as jurisdictional issues etc. when it comes to south Fla. agencies...I don't want to make the wrong choice of Dept. this late in the game (currently 11 yrs. on the job)...

Re: MDPD Hiring Out-of-State officers?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Questions from a prospective transplant from out of state agency...

Does MDPD even allow lateral hires from out of state police agencies? If so, how long is the transition training period?

How is MDPD's equipment, weapons policy, take home vehicle policy, compared to other counties? What is the patrol work schedule? Is the pay commensurate with the counties to the north?

Does MDPD cover any of the Miami metropolitan area? or is it tasked primarily with western suburbs and inland ghettos (as insinuated in many posts on this board) In other words, does MDPD contribute to crime suppression in the city of Miami as well? or is it just the border areas?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, but I am pretty "in the dark" as far as jurisdictional issues etc. when it comes to south Fla. agencies...I don't want to make the wrong choice of Dept. this late in the game (currently 11 yrs. on the job)...
    Check our website and decide for yourself. I did 31 years and the only regret I have is that I am not 21:

http://www.miamidade.gov/mdpd/

website

the website doesn't really link to anything..no info on hiring qual's etc...

Come on down
    We can't get people here to pass a basic 6th grade entrance exam in English, or who don't have a felony past.

If you can read and write and have a pulse, you are in.