Professional Courtesy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    You point is well taken.

Go on the BSO website and you will see a thread about all of them that have had negative experiences with FHP. Some of them have even been written themselves. Maybe some of them needed to be written, maybe.

I have never had a cop be anything but polite when I pull them over and I have never written a cop. I wrote a cop's wife once in my career and that's when she CLEARLY caused an accident.
    BSO board is a joke. They all act like 14 year olds!!!

Cops and their wives yes, but their kids no. I have had too many little 16 year old brats doing over 100mph on the interstate that tell me, " Oh hi trooper, my dad is a cop". These little kids shouldn't get a free ride on the interstate for major infraction just because their dad is a cop.
    Amen :!:

Cops and their wives yes, but their kids no. I have had too many little 16 year old brats doing over 100mph on the interstate that tell me, " Oh hi trooper, my dad is a cop". These little kids shouldn't get a free ride on the interstate for major infraction just because their dad is a cop.
    I wouldnt write him. Id do better than that. Call dad and watch the car get parked for a month. That would kill the kid more seeing his car sitting there not being able to drive it.

courtesy

I have stopped family members of BSO deputies, MDPD officers and found several tickets on david that was issued to them by the agencies their family memebrs work for. If they dont get from their own agencies how do they expect it from us????

Courtesy

The only time I have ever issued a law enforcement officer a ticket is when I am put in a position that I don't have much choice. ie, speeding and under the influence at the same time. I totally agree with having respect for other agencies and not issuing them tickets, no matter what state they are from. There's only one problem, the ones who hang the badge out the window and assume you will forgive them. There is such a word as "respect" it will get you far in life. However, I have no tolerance for kids who throw their mother and fathers badges out there like it's a get out of jail free card. :lol:

*Just a word of advice to other LE Agencies. There are some bad Troopers out ther working. But I can assure you that there are more good than bad. :wink:

courtesy

Hey Troopers, I am a Miami cop and found this thread interesting.. I cannot tell you how many officers from local agencies complain about Troopers stroking LEO's and their family. Stories of LEO's rushing to family emergencies and a Trooper writes him..one officer written for a tag obscured by a vanity frame that covered the county. True or not, for years I have been "Warned" about Troopers and how not to give them courtesy, yet I ALWAYS stop next to them on my way home to check the status of their traffic stop. Now, my story is when my mother was stopped on SW 127 Ave. and Sunset by a Trooper motor, for 42 in a 30. My 61 yo mom was shaking since she had not been stopped in over 20yrs. She asked if he would allow her to call her son, a cop, and he said no. The ticket came, my mother crying said please, before I sign can I call my son..he threatened to arrest her if she refused to sign, she did and he took off. That was in 2002. My wife got stopped for speeding on the turnpike last year, the Trooper saw her badge key chain and asked who is the cop. She replied her husband. the Trooper gave a lecture from hell about how ashamed I should be of her actions and the embarrassment to my badge she has caused. Left my wife crying and took off, but no ticket. Since then, I had been contacted by a Trooper this Nov. whom I do not know, via him calling my station!! to let me know I wrote his Niece, if there was anything I can "Do". Of course, set it for court and dismissed it. I have his name and number to this day saved to cash in the favor when I need it. So you see, even I have unfavorable stories that I needed to get off my chest, but I ALWAYS stop to make sure the Trooper on the traffic stop is safe. Please use discretion and keep the harsh lectures for the punks.

good posting

GOOD JOB

My wife and I are Northbound I-95, she's driving 80 + towards a construction zone. She's driving and I am in street clothes. I told her to slow it down and her response was, Im driving don't tell me how to drive ! youre not on duty. I said to her , "you are going to get cited", no respons. Well she got stoped and the Trooper was perfessional, shar and did his job text book perfect. When he returned to the vehicle and requested that she sign, she turned to me and said, " my husband the cop told me to slow down". The Trooper said your a police officer I said yes, and showed the ID. The trooper said, "why didn't you tell me before I wrote it"? I said WRITE IT, SHE WON'T LISTEN TO ME". I PAID FOR THAT ONE FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS.The bottom line is that the Trooper did the right thing and although funny a the time , I really paid for my response for along time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12