Time to apply elsewhere?

Time to apply elsewhere?

Well, I got to say I love my job, and I get along great with everyone here, but this is a huge slap in the face. I have spoke with many officers within our agency and many are about to start processing elsewhere. I hate to say this, but I think I must do the same, all I ask for is to receive a paycheck every 2 weeks, I am not asking for the world. I dont uderstand why the District is screwing with us. This is horrible and so unethical, there is also zero communication from the brass on this issue. I hate to say it, but I think many great officers are going to be gone because of this. I could only wonder what will happen to this agency.....................I think its on a downward spiral

hang in there, PBSO will take over after half the department jumps ship

Re: Time to apply elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by concernedSRO
    Well, I got to say I love my job, and I get along great with everyone here, but this is a huge slap in the face. I have spoke with many officers within our agency and many are about to start processing elsewhere. I hate to say this, but I think I must do the same, all I ask for is to receive a paycheck every 2 weeks, I am not asking for the world. I dont uderstand why the District is screwing with us. This is horrible and so unethical, there is also zero communication from the brass on this issue. I hate to say it, but I think many great officers are going to be gone because of this. I could only wonder what will happen to this agency.....................I think its on a downward spiral
    The District may be screwing with us for a reason. The principals do not want to give up their authority over us. Some have found out what happens if they try to tell a PBSO deputy or a PBG sgt, or a WPBPD Lt what to do. If our ranks get thin enough, the District can alibi that they're fighting a losing battle to keep our numbers up and don't have a choice.

I wonder how much the District would save if they hired the SO to police their schools? How much would they save? If its significant, and they are sooo about saving money (since they cant give us a better raise than 2 percent) they should bring in PBSO. You see what the town of palm beach is going through right now? There are problems all over http://www.palmbeachpost.com/search/con ... _0216.html

got2go

I am looking, and from what I have heard about 20 others are too! It was good while it lasted!